Did I pick the right one?

kdkstormy

I just had another upsell offer. I was given the option of a Neptune suite in the SA category or and aft wrap in the SB category.

Talked to my DH and he thought the aft wrap would be "cool". We took the aft wrap, but I could probably still change it as there are quite a few SA rooms available.

Any thoughts from all of you experienced HAL cruisers (it's our first time on HAL)

I just had another upsell offer. I was given the option of a Neptune suite in the SA category or and aft wrap in the SB category.

Talked to my DH and he thought the aft wrap would be "cool". We took the aft wrap, but I could probably still change it as there are quite a few SA rooms available.

Any thoughts from all of you experienced HAL cruisers (it's our first time on HAL)

We've been in several Neptune suites but never booked an aft wraparound....I would grab it up but my husband doesn't like the aft. (one rough ride and that was it for him:( ) I hope you love it.:)

I would take the aft wrap around in a heart beat. Had one on Veendam and loved it. It's better on the larger ships. Some friends had it on the Noordam and they loved it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I would take the aft wrap around in a heart beat. Had one on Veendam and loved it. It's better on the larger ships. Some friends had it on the Noordam and they loved it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I did not know that the Veendam had aft wraps - I thought they were only on the Vista and larger class ships.

I think you did good. Its a Neptune Suite, couldn't be better. There are CCer's that love those aft wrapped SB suites and then others like the SA. We've done both and prefer the SA's. but that is just us. Go have a wonderful cruise in your suite with a HUGE balcony.

Pros:

1. On Vista-class ships, your balcony can hold 40 people.

2. Very little foot traffic in your hallway.

3. Room Service is a three-minute elevator ride away so food is always the right temperature and arrives quickly.

4. Your field of view is 270 degrees and perfect if you love photography.

5. There is no wind on the aft verandahs so you can dine outside while the ship is moving.

6. You can move around the corner to escape or savor the sun.

7. You are a three-minute elevator ride down to the Main Dining Room.

8. You are a three-minute elevator ride up to the Lido Restaurant/pool.

9. You have extra furniture, including loungers, on the verandah for visitors.

10. Bring a table cloth to fit the 42-inch round table to make dining on your huge verandah a bit classy.

Cons:

Long walk to the Neptune Lounge.

Conclusion: We love aft wraps and you will too.

Pros:

1. On Vista-class ships, your balcony can hold 40 people.

2. Very little foot traffic in your hallway.

3. Room Service is a three-minute elevator ride away so food is always the right temperature and arrives quickly.

4. Your field of view is 270 degrees and perfect if you love photography.

5. There is no wind on the aft verandahs so you can dine outside while the ship is moving.

6. You can move around the corner to escape or savor the sun.

7. You are a three-minute elevator ride down to the Main Dining Room.

8. You are a three-minute elevator ride up to the Lido Restaurant/pool.

9. You have extra furniture, including loungers, on the verandah for visitors.

10. Bring a table cloth to fit the 42-inch round table to make dining on your huge verandah a bit classy.

Cons:

Long walk to the Neptune Lounge.

Conclusion: We love aft wraps and you will too.

I love it - I think we are going to be spoiled for our cruises for the rest of our lives :D This one is going to be tough to beat!

Edited by kdkstormy

I love it - I think we are going to be spoiled for our cruises for the rest of our lives :D This one is going to be tough to beat!

Just to give a bit of a head start on the Zuiderdam, here is a PDF tour of the ship:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Zuiderdam-On-Board.pdf

Here is a PDF of the dining venues on the Zuiderdam:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Zuiderdam-Dining.pdf

The following is a link to PDF files for the Room Service, Specialty restaurant, and Beverages menus for your cruise:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Note: Room service is 24/7 and free.

Here are copies of our daily activities on the Zuiderdam in 2013 to give you an idea what to expect:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=1547

If you would like a copy of my HAL Travel Tips, contact me via the contact form on my website.

You are right Dave -- I don't know of any wrap around verandahs on the Veendam.

We scored an aft wrap on the Veendam for our Panama Canal cruise...big upgrade! There are 4 of them. We loved it. The drawback was the soot that coated the rail, depending on the wind, but our stewards were very good about cleaning it. The ugly remodel of the Veendam produced two decks with aft cabins...nice...and that nearly useless "Retreat"... esthetically not pleasing. I'm not complaining!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

You'll have a great cruise! And don't forget to visit Halfacts.com for photos and information. All compiled by other CC members. There is also a thread at the top of this forum called HAL for Dummies - a work in progress but an interesting read.