Portuscale cancel Aussie season

Gerko

Just thought that I would advise that I have received my refund in full for the cancelled Funchal cruise.

While still disapointed to be not going, this has been handled very well at a local level, from the personal phone call through to the funds being repatriated to my bank account all within a couple of days. The only delay in getting the airfares covered is getting a letter from Jetstar to confirm the cancellation.

Just thought that I would advise that I have received my refund in full for the cancelled Funchal cruise.

While still disapointed to be not going, this has been handled very well at a local level, from the personal phone call through to the funds being repatriated to my bank account all within a couple of days. The only delay in getting the airfares covered is getting a letter from Jetstar to confirm the cancellation.

It wouldn't be surprising for the airlines to be the slowest link in the chain. ;-)

Airlines actually take weeks to refund, although hoping for you that a cancellation notice comes quicker.

It wouldn't be surprising for the airlines to be the slowest link in the chain. ;-)

Airlines actually take weeks to refund, although hoping for you that a cancellation notice comes quicker.

Yep keep money as long as they can to get the interest

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep keep money as long as they can to get the interest

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In addition to T/A's and cruiselines wanting your money early, that is also why some of the 'earlybird flight 'deals' came out today. The airlines want you to book and pay today for a flight next August ! They have got thy hard earned earning interest !

In addition to T/A's and cruiselines wanting your money early, that is also why some of the 'earlybird flight 'deals' came out today. The airlines want you to book and pay today for a flight next August ! They have got thy hard earned earning interest !

yes, the price you pay to get early bird sales and decent flights.:D

yes, the price you pay to get early bird sales and decent flights.:D

Pity we can't put little clauses in like "subject to my cruise not being cancelled if it is I want a full refund for my flight" etc, etc,- like you can on property sales. Wouldn't it be nice to walk into a TA and hit them with your clauses - I can but dream. :p

In that case, it's not about the interest (although that's nice) but that they've locked in forward bookings, just like cruises want to.

The worst thing for any travel provider is to be a month out with too many vacancies for what would normally be sold in that remaining time. Encouraging early bookings gives them a base line of occupancy so they only have to sell a manageable number as the time gets closer, and not have to discount.

Pity we can't put little clauses in like "subject to my cruise not being cancelled if it is I want a full refund for my flight" etc, etc,- like you can on property sales. Wouldn't it be nice to walk into a TA and hit them with your clauses - I can but dream. :p

Now that would be nice,:) but you would end up having to pay for it.:eek:

You can as long as both partie to the contract agree.

If they won't agree "Why Not?"

You get the latest news on CC. Even the Port of Geelong, where the ship was to be based, apparently didn't know about the cancellation when I pout it into the forum. It hit the Geelong newspapers two days later. And in most cases the operator is paying compensation to people who have bought nonrefundable flights. They are looking at each case individually.

You get the latest news on CC. Even the Port of Geelong, where the ship was to be based, apparently didn't know about the cancellation when I pout it into the forum. It hit the Geelong newspapers two days later. And in most cases the operator is paying compensation to people who have bought nonrefundable flights. They are looking at each case individually.

It's good to see they're are being ethical and responsible.