Aqua Class Cabins on Summit

FoodieSailor

I want to book an Aqua Class Cabin. I'm concerned about noise as they look to be located below public space. What should I expect? I'm also wondering if I should consider paying extra for the Aqua Class Cabins on the AFT of the ship.

Hi FOODIESAILOR,

I see this is your first post here on CC... Welcome aboard... And welcome to Celebrity

The Summit is an M-Class Ship, and launched in 2001

On the Summit you'll find Aqua Class Cabins (A2s) on Deck 9 and A1s on Deck 11

All these cabins are relatively new additions, from when The Summit was "solsticized" in 2012

The A2s were formerly Conceirge Cabins (if I recall correctly) and the A1s are in a space that was formerly the Kid's Fun Factory

So the A2s were modified... While the A1s were new cabin modules... And these latter cabins are far closer therefore to their sister cabins that are on S-Class Ships

The A2s are below the public pool deck (busy), and the structural overhang. Some Pax have had issues.

The A1s are above the Oceanview Bar and below the Sun Deck, also public although not a very busy area at all.

IMO there are pros & cons to both... You should check out the M-Class Cabin Sticky at the top of this Forum to see what others have experienced

For my own upcoming cruise on The Connie...I have booked into an A1 Aft Sunset Balcony... And have few qualms about it as we have sailed M-Class before (The Summit 2013... And love her) and were in a Conceirge Class Aft Sunset Balcony then... A category which also has oversized balconies.

We loved being aft over the wake... Would be hard pressed to book elsewhere on an M-Class Ship... Sunset Balconies rock. For us, well worth the extra cost

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... On M-Class Ships they all share the same footprint, so cabin numbers will be in the same locations and share the same attributes.

In addition to the Sticky... You should also know you can search for Reviews here on CC (in the Review Section) by Cabin Number. As not all who use that part of CC may also use this Celebrity Forum

When you narrow down your choices, come back and maybe some of us can comment further on particular cabin numbers you are considering

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi Sloop,

I think I read somewhere that on the Connie the side balconies for A1,on the top deck were deeper than on the Summit or Millennium. If I am mistaken, I am sure someone will let me know.

I wish you an excellent cruise.

Edited by hulamoon

When we sailed Summit, we opted for the aqua cabins on deck 11 for a few reasons...

1- These are NEW cabins that were added just a few years ago, not refurbished cabins

2- The balcony has little cover but it is not totally covered by the BIG overhang like the ones on deck 9 are. Some see the cover on 9 as an advantage...we saw it as a disadvantage.

3- There is virtually nothing above you except little used open deck space. Never heard a sound.

As a side note, you are also very close to the buffet and there is very little foot traffic on 11.

Edited by Sascol

Hi FOODIESAILOR,

So the A2s were modified... While the A1s were new cabin modules... And these latter cabins are far closer therefore to their sister cabins that are on S-Class Ships

Respectfully, This is not really the case. The cabins on 11 on the M class ships are essentially identical to the cabins on 9. They are not at all like the cabins on the S class ships.

Edited by Sascol

We just come back from a Summit Bermuda cruise that finally ended in Florida and Nassau, thanks to Cristobal hurricane! We were in aft 1141 cabin and enjoyed the location: large balcony, nice view and easy access to Sunset Bar, Blu and Ocean View Cafe.

Great service from our cabin attendant Charlie.

Cabin was in good condition and they replaced some cracked tiles on the shower floor during the first shore day. We were not affected by some problems previously reported, such as low water pressure in the shower or poor sealing of the shower doors.

No noise problem from top deck and music in Sunset Bar ends at 11:00 pm. My wife noticed that we don't hear the sound of the sea (waves) as much as from the side cabins and she was slightly disappointed about that. However, we feel the vibrations of the engines more than at other locations of the ship, especially when moving at high speed or during some manoeuvres such as turning or approaching the port.

Minor soot problem.

One of our best contributors to the Celebrity board recommended that any cabin aft of 9108 was fine, as far as noise and he was absolutely correct. We just happened to book that very cabin on sister Infinity for a cruise in May, '14.

I'm partial to 1141 too. The view from an aft cabin is glorious.

And the Summit is one of our favorite ships.

Have a wonderful cruise and come back to Cruise Critic with any questions. Don't forget to join the Roll Call for your sailing. It's the best planning tool on the web.

We had cabin 1111 on the Summit. LOVED it. Not to far from elevators, pools, aft bar and buffet. No noise, no one else but others on your floor. The best reason of all was you never forget your room number, no matter how many of those 123 drinks you may have:rolleyes:

The Reflection aqua staterooms spoiled me- great mid ship location, cabin above and below. I saw that 9108 on Summit was just past the entrance of the buffet area and seemed the least busy. Saw prior reviews of that cabin, where reviewers said it was very quiet---Hope the reviewers were right....

I think I was the original poster that 9108 and further back we're good a2 cabins. We've been in 9108,10 and 12..our friends were in 9106 when we were in 9108 and they heard noise from a crew area above...we heard nothing. Now that a1 is offered to us at a2 prices, we try to get a rear a1.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think I was the original poster that 9108 and further back we're good a2 cabins. We've been in 9108,10 and 12..our friends were in 9106 when we were in 9108 and they heard noise from a crew area above...we heard nothing. Now that a1 is offered to us at a2 prices, we try to get a rear a1.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We and friends are staying in 9110 and 9112 on the Infinity in October and are obviously pleased to learn that these cabins are good locations. We were in an A1 on the Summit in 2013 #1124 and found it also to be a quiet cabin. The only tip we'd have is to remind yourself to take the far aft elevator when returning to your cabin, particularly in the evening, since taking the mid elevators up to deck 11 puts you out on the open sports deck which can be very windy and depending on the region chilly!

We have stayed in AQ, 9082 and 9084. We didn't have any noise issues, but we were under the tables by the pool grill, not the loungers. We love the overhang, but we both burn easily and have had skin cancer issues, so we are always looking for outside shade. And early and late in the day you do get sun based on which direction you are sailing.

Just got off the Summit we had cabin 9051 and there was some noise from above. Mostly when people were dragging chairs around. We never were in our cabins during the day, but I did hear some noise in the early morning. I did like eating in Blu, for that alone I would do Aqua again. Although the pancakes did not live up to the hype.

Edited by josie724

• 2 weeks later...

I normally like to book as close to mid ship as possible as long as there is a cabin above and below. So it looked like 9108 was just past crew area under carpeting at least! So I booked real early for next June Bermuda cruise to make sure that I would get either 9108, 9110 or 9112 on the Summit. Since 9108 was the closest towards mid ship under carpet, I figured it would be ok.....Thanks to the posters who had this room and said it was fine.

• 1 month later...

I gave up 7th floor concierge Aft to "trade up" to 9th floor Aqua mid port side... After reading some of these post, did I make a BIG mistake? Do the cabins on Aqua have floor to ceiling windows to your balcony? is the noise really a big deal?

I gave up 7th floor concierge Aft to "trade up" to 9th floor Aqua mid port side... After reading some of these post, did I make a BIG mistake? Do the cabins on Aqua have floor to ceiling windows to your balcony? is the noise really a big deal?
It just comes down to personal preference, which features matter most to you.

They all have pros and cons.

All the cabins in Aqua Class have the big sliding glass doors to the balcony, just as the other balcony cabins do.

The biggest advantage to Aqua for most people is eating in Blu, which you can't do if you are in Concierge Class.

The people who like shade prefer the deck 9 balconies with the big overhang, and being able to sit out on their covered balconies when it is raining while still having the nice, wide view from inside the cabin.

Some of the deck 9 cabins are under the pool area so those may be noisy at times, while the cabins further back are quiet.

Friends who had one of the forward cabins said earplugs made a big difference. (We always have earplugs with us when we travel.)

On hot weather cruises, a big advantage to a side balcony is that you get a nice breeze there that you don't get on the stern.

Edited by fleckle

OP mentioned possibly looking at an aft cabin. An aft cabin does have a beautiful view of the ship's wake; but if you are sensitive to motion, be aware that you feel LOTS of motion if you're aft. We had an aft cabin in January and one night when the seas were a little rough, we couldn't sleep at all because we felt we were on a roller coaster! Even when the seas were normal, we felt motion in our cabin. Love the view, but the motion is a deal-breaker for us now.

We are just recently off the Millennium. We booked AquaClass Deck 9 (A2). If I had to do it all over again I would book Deck 11( A1). But then again I probably won't do AquaClass again. The cabins on Deck 9 were adequate but not nearly as nice as a 2C on the S class ships. We weren't overly impressed with the Blu restaurant either. Maybe it's just the difference between the M class and the S class ships.