Amsterdam May 2015

Tiffany's mom

Thinking about booking the canal cruise on the Amsterdam, May 10, 2015.

Been looking for the criuse before this one but can't find any listing from April 30 to may 10. Called Holland and was told it is for drydock. I don't know if I want to cruise right after a drydock.

Does anyone know where the ship will be between April 30 - May 10?

Pam

Thinking about booking the canal cruise on the Amsterdam' date=' May 10, 2015.

Been looking for the criuse before this one but can't find any listing from April 30 to may 10. Called Holland and was told it is for drydock. I don't know if I want to cruise right after a drydock.

Does anyone know where the ship will be between April 30 - May 10?

Pam[/quote']

According to HAL, the Amsterdam will be in dry-dock. Are you suspecting that is not the case?

We know that the world cruise ends april 30. What we did not know was the drydock. I could find it listed anywhere.

We would like to know what they are planning doing during drydock. I do not want to cruise if a lot of changes are planned. Read too many horror stories about the cruise after a drydock. We are cruising for our 50th and don't want any problems. I have read about cancelled cruises, unfinished work and cruising with workers

We know that the world cruise ends april 30. What we did not know was the drydock. I could find it listed anywhere.

We would like to know what they are planning doing during drydock. I do not want to cruise if a lot of changes are planned. Read too many horror stories about the cruise after a drydock. We are cruising for our 50th and don't want any problems. I have read about cancelled cruises' date=' unfinished work and cruising with workers[/quote']

Standard maintenance; nothing special

Starting on March 4th the Amsterdam will be doing 57 day Grand World Voyage which begins in Singapore and ends in Ft Lauderdale on April 30th.

On April 30th she will go the Bahamas for a dry dock and then on May 10th she will return to Ft Lauderdale to begin her repositioning cruise to Seattle.

Actually, the Grand World Voyage is about 114 days starting January 5 in Fort Lauderdale. Shorter segments are available (like my 27 days last year) but the full voyage is nearly 4 months.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

Actually, the Grand World Voyage is about 114 days starting January 5 in Fort Lauderdale. Shorter segments are available (like my 27 days last year) but the full voyage is nearly 4 months.

Roy

That is the way HAL has listed that part of the cruise on their site.

Just typed what I saw -- didn't make up anything.

Love the Amsterdam, and as long as it is just general maintenance, I wouldn't be to concerned about sailing on her right after dry dock.

I agree. We sailed on her immediately after the December 2013 dry dock and no problems except with the new Internet system. This new dry dock is less than 18 months after the last one. I had thought that the usual time period was two years or more.