Pcc?

magandab

I'm not sure if a PCC can be named on the board or not, or if that is the same as naming a travel agent/agency. So my question is, is it allowed?

We are thinking seriously of a Vancouver RT on the Volendam next August and would like to get a reservation in to hold one of the Neptune suites as there are very few. We are thinking of trying to get an SB guarantee, as there are only two SBs on the ship.

Our TA is retiring at the end of this year. She's okay but lots of what we got is because I've learned so much here and I call her to tell her what I want her to do. I hate the idea of starting with her, and being passed along to....? in her office. So, I'm thinking of just calling and getting a PCC.

Why not call the PCC and book it. Then, before final payment if you like ask a TA what they can do for you if you release the booking to them? You may get additional OBC credit, wine, PG dinners and a discounted price!

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think a Pcc is certainly worth a try. Many here have enjoyed their interaction with their Pcc and wouldn't think of going another route.

My only experience (years ago) with a Pcc wasn't good and I've found a TA I'm happy with. If you're not happy with the Pcc, you can always move on. I do think that it does depend on which Pcc you get. I did discuss this privately with other CC's at the time and a couple had issues with the same gentleman. I know from other CC's that some Pcc's are great. Good luck!

I know people have mentioned PCC's in the past but I guess it's a no no. I had a good one then she left. I've been assigned a few and they have left. Got assigned a couple and they were terrible. I think mine is ok now. It remains to be seen. Good luck.

I'm not sure if a PCC can be named on the board or not, or if that is the same as naming a travel agent/agency. So my question is, is it allowed?

We are thinking seriously of a Vancouver RT on the Volendam next August and would like to get a reservation in to hold one of the Neptune suites as there are very few. We are thinking of trying to get an SB guarantee, as there are only two SBs on the ship.

Our TA is retiring at the end of this year. She's okay but lots of what we got is because I've learned so much here and I call her to tell her what I want her to do. I hate the idea of starting with her, and being passed along to....? in her office. So, I'm thinking of just calling and getting a PCC.

We did a SB guarantee on the Volendam last May and ended up in an SA aft of the Neptune - very good location IMO. Very happy with how it worked out.

We also use a PCC and this is the second one in a year. Both seem good, but you still have to do your own homework IMO.

DaveOKC

I know people have mentioned PCC's in the past but I guess it's a no no. I had a good one then she left. I've been assigned a few and they have left. Got assigned a couple and they were terrible. I think mine is ok now. It remains to be seen. Good luck.

I just used a HAL PCC for the first time last week as I'm taking a transatlantic cruise in a few weeks. HE was the most incredible, patient and knowledgeable person and was able to answer all my numerous questions and get me on the flights I had pre-selected (He told me he use to be a TA). Can't say enough about him. I really lucked in when he took my call:)

Edited by Sue from Canada

I just used a HAL PCC for the first time last week as I'm taking a transatlantic cruise in a few weeks. HE was the most incredible, patient and knowledgeable person and was able to answer all my numerous questions and get me on the flights I had pre-selected (He told me he use to be a TA). Can't say enough about him. I really lucked in when he took my call:)

I find the ones that you talk to when you just call in are pretty good. It's the ones I've had specifically assigned that have been stinkers. I had a question on an address of a hotel Hal was providing. I wanted him to confirm with what they had on their system. He told me " just google it, it's really easy". I said to him yes, I know it's easy, but I wanted confirmation of what they had. He just didn't understand why I needed it and got quite nasty about it.

I have had 3 HAL PCCs over the past 10 years or so. Each has been competent and helpful. I guess I have been lucky in that respect. That saying, as with everything else it all depends on who you get along with. You might share my PCC and think (s)he is terrible. Just like two people on the same cruise might write vastly different reviews.

It all comes down to who you feel comfortable with. It doesn't matter if it is a PCC, TA or the general call in rep. If you are comfortable with talking to someone different each time you call, the general 800 number is fine. If you would rather talk to the same person each time, go for a PC or TA. If you find one you like, stick with them.

My one and only interface with a HAL PCC was pleasant enough but he couldn't match the offer I was getting from my TA so I could see no value added and, in fact, using him would have cost me several hundred dollars.

I have found the same to be true on more than once.

My one and only interface with a HAL PCC was pleasant enough but he couldn't match the offer I was getting from my TA so I could see no value added and, in fact, using him would have cost me several hundred dollars.

I have found the same to be true on more than once.

I have found that those that receive the best discounts from the TAs are those that book higher end categories. It really does not take any more work from the TA to book a Suite than it does for an inside.

Looking at the prices for an upcoming Eastern Caribbean:

Interior

From

US$529*

per person

depart 06 Dec 2014

Ocean-view

From

US$629*

per person

depart 06 Dec 2014

Verandah

From

US$729*

per person

depart 06 Dec 2014

Signature Suite (Superior Verandah Suite)

From

US$1,299*

per person

depart 06 Dec 2014

Neptune Suite (Deluxe Verandah Suite)

From

US$1,799*

per person

depart 06 Dec 2014

for a couple cruising in a Neptune Suite, the listed amount is $2340 more than an outside cabin. Given that the amount that has been thrown around here for years that the TA commission is between 7% and 10%, that would be a difference of between $163 and $234. So it would be easy to rebate $150 or so of that amount - still getting the same "pay" for booking a cabin.

In the same respect, booking a 27 day cruise is maybe just a little more trouble for the TA than booking a 7 day cruise, particularly for CC members that tend to come here for answers rather than their TA. So for longer cruises it is again easy to rebate part of the commission.

I also used TAs for 3 of my cruises, 2 a B&M where I lived at the time and 1 in another city who is a friends mother. No real discounts form either, nor OBC or gifts.

My longest cruise (to date) has been 15 days. On the cruises I have checked, no more than about $50 difference between my PCC and a TA, not enough for me to change. I have 27 days coming up soon. That cruise was transferred to a TA because I got some OBC. Although the TA involved is a FB friend and CC member, I don't think I have spent over an hour or so of her time for her part in booking this cruise. This was a few minutes for her to put together her quote, and a bit of time about using her insurance rather than HAL's. So she got the commission, my PCC got the credit she needed, and I got a bit of OBC - a win for all involved.

Rich

We prefer not to deal with PCC's-either HAL's or any other cruise lines. I am certain that there are many, many good PCC's. Here is our reasoning:

-our on line TA gives us very attractive OBC's-certainly more than we got from any company cruise consultant. In our experience it works out to about a n 8-12 percent discount on the commissionable fare.

-we want to deal with an independent TA. In the case of an issue the TA will be impartial and will argue for us. The PCC is an employee of the cruise line....so you can deduce whose interests will come ahead of yours

-our TA, on more than one occasion when we were calling to book, has made us aware of very attractive offers on other ships/cruise lines on the same or similar itineraries. Clearly a HAL PCC would not be telling us about a great deal on Celebrity nor would a Celebrity PCC be telling us about a much better offer on HAL. Realize this is not an issue if you only cruise on one cruise line.

Edited by iancal

I'd call HAL and ask for an PCC. After you secure your cabin, you can shop around and transfer your booking to a TA who will give you the best discount. We average 11-16% discount after we transfer our bookings and get more OBC from her along with all the perks (OBC, hotel rooms, wine packages, Explore4, etc.) we get from HAL.

Our PCC knows we transfer our cruises and it's not a problem as he gets credit for the bookings. It's the best of both worlds for us. :D

I have found that those that receive the best discounts from the TAs are those that book higher end categories. It really does not take any more work from the TA to book a Suite than it does for an inside.

Rich

Same here! Our PS cabins on the last Zuiderdam cruise in May were listed at $4,699 PP. Our TA charged us $4,008 PP. I was told their commission and override commission produces different "yields" (TA's word) based on cabin type. I've even had higher than the 14% discount on Neptune Suites.

So, transferring to our TA saved over $1,400 (with additional OBC) on that cruise. I figured out a few months ago that we've saved nearly $10,000 booking with our TA for the last four years, and easily that amount with the other 17 clients I've referred to her and continue to book with that agent.

Our PCC knows we transfer our cruises and it's not a problem as he gets credit for the bookings. It's the best of both worlds for us. :D

Could someone explain exactly what it means that "the PC gets credit for the booking"?

I understand the TA get the commission, but.... ?

Could someone explain exactly what it means that "the PC gets credit for the booking"?

The "PC "doesn't get credit, the PCC does!:D

"but.... ?" The PCC gets credit for the booking from HAL. What the customer does after that doesn't affect that fact. Ask your PCC, that's how mine has explained it to me numerous times.

Edited by kjw869

The "PC "doesn't get credit, the PCC does!:D

"but.... ?" The PCC gets credit for the booking from HAL. What the customer does after that doesn't affect that fact. Ask your PCC, that's how mine has explained it to me numerous times.

The way my PCC explained it to me was that if she made the initial booking she got the credit she needed - as in number of booking per month, number of converted calls, etc -- the statistics she needs to show she is doing her job. If the booking is transferred to a TA later, it really does not change her statistics at all.

The way my PCC explained it to me was that if she made the initial booking she got the credit she needed - as in number of booking per month, number of converted calls, etc -- the statistics she needs to show she is doing her job. If the booking is transferred to a TA later, it really does not change her statistics at all.

Thank you. That makes sense.

Exactly Rich. Our PCC referred to it as a point system that HAL uses.

That's also what mine has told me. She needs a certain number of "completed" bookings. All that matters is that she makes the initial booking, and that the cruise is completed (started?) -- she gets credit or points or whatever. It doesn't matter if the cruise is later transferred to a TA, or if the client never makes another call.

That's also what mine has told me. She needs a certain number of "completed" bookings. All that matters is that she makes the initial booking, and that the cruise is completed (started?) -- she gets credit or points or whatever. It doesn't matter if the cruise is later transferred to a TA, or if the client never makes another call.

Thx for the info. I didn't know that.