Any tips for Brilliance??

One of my favorite features on this ship is the (for-pay) steam room... it had heated stone loungers, multiple steam rooms including aromatherapy and rainforest showers... and the best of all, floor to ceiling windows so you can enjoy cruising even while you're there!!

My daughter and I would go there after every shore excursion to relax and watch folks getting back in the ship. Just beautiful, I have enjoyed this feature on many ships, but it's the best on Brilliance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

One of my favorite features on this ship is the (for-pay) steam room... it had heated stone loungers, multiple steam rooms including aromatherapy and rainforest showers... and the best of all, floor to ceiling windows so you can enjoy cruising even while you're there!!

My daughter and I would go there after every shore excursion to relax and watch folks getting back in the ship. Just beautiful, I have enjoyed this feature on many ships, but it's the best on Brilliance.

What's the cost?

Any length-of-stay passes?

Does the Viking Crown rotate or is it just like a dance floor spinning? I'm not really a drinker, but now I'm intrigued and may have to check it out!

The entire lounge doesn't rotate (revolve), only the circular bar and the area immediately surrounding it. I believe that it doesn't operate continuously but only for a limited number of hours in the evening.

Chops or Giovanni's Table may offer a BOGO on the first evening of your cruise. Check to see.

Edited by negc

We sail often out of Tampa, and many times on the Brilliance. The sail out from Tampa is about 3 or more hours long. We have late dining and usually start out on deck 5 unti we reach the end of Davis Island, Peter O Knight airport, and the Davis Island Yacht Basin. This is a very intimate place during this part of the sail away. After we pass the end of DI we go to deck 12 starboard for the sailing under the Skyway Bridge, usually around 7 or 7:30 pm. There is a wide area at midship on deck 12 that gives you a GREAT vantage point to see you sail under the Skyway Bridge.When you drive over the bridge it seems so large, but when you sail under it, and see how little clearance the ship has, it will blow your mind. We sail in November also, hope to see you!

We sail often out of Tampa, and many times on the Brilliance. The sail out from Tampa is about 3 or more hours long. We have late dining and usually start out on deck 5 unti we reach the end of Davis Island, Peter O Knight airport, and the Davis Island Yacht Basin. This is a very intimate place during this part of the sail away. After we pass the end of DI we go to deck 12 starboard for the sailing under the Skyway Bridge, usually around 7 or 7:30 pm. There is a wide area at midship on deck 12 that gives you a GREAT vantage point to see you sail under the Skyway Bridge.When you drive over the bridge it seems so large, but when you sail under it, and see how little clearance the ship has, it will blow your mind. We sail in November also, hope to see you!

We have early dining. Does this mean we will miss this?

We sail on Brilliance in January. I am SOOOO excited. More excited after reading this thread. Thank you everyone! Will have to look into dinner the first night as we are early seating also. We have a balcony on the hump on deck 9, would that be a good place to be?

We sail on Brilliance in January. I am SOOOO excited. More excited after reading this thread. Thank you everyone! Will have to look into dinner the first night as we are early seating also. We have a balcony on the hump on deck 9, would that be a good place to be?

A deck 9 hump cabin is definitely our top choice for location on any Radiance Class ship. We regularly select 9078 if it is available when we are booking.. Location is convenient to the Centrum elevators and stairs and the balcony is larger .:)

What's the cost?

Any length-of-stay passes?

Going up... last I recall for a 7-day it was $99pp (less for a couple, my daughter and I would book together and save $$)

There are limited numbers sold to prevent crowding, so order when you board... There are various promotions in the spa (buy 2 or 3 services, get x% off), plus I believe c&a percentage-off discounts.

There may also be single day passes offered late in the cruise if they haven't sold out the length of stay passes.

Enjoy! That's one of my only extra-coat splurges:D

Have been on her twice ... in my Arabian Emirates cruise the C&A events (2) were terrific... best ever. We were Platinum at that time. Food and drinks were ... hmmmm ...

In my second cruise on her out of Tampa the C&A events were ok, but Emirates was the top.

So in case you are invited to any event, join it!

And yes, just to confirm: The glass elevators (all the way up and down) and the outside Windjammer seating is a must do ... at least 3 times a day each :D

Imagine breakfirst sitting outside on a sunny warm day ... especially when you get close to a port ...

Edited by ChristianDecker

Oh, one more thing:

If you love Izumi and you love to sit at the 'bar'/at the desk to watch the chef and chat with him ... you may not aim to visit Izumi on BoS.

In the Park Café RCCL's famous beef sandwiches are not sooooo good as on Oasis and Allure.

But this very much depends among others on the one who prepares the sandwich. We recently were back on the Oasis and the sandwich was not sooo good any more as it used to be in the beginning, but still better than on BoS.

Edited by ChristianDecker

Has anyone here stayed in the new cabins between Guest Services and the dining room - 4580 through 4590?

Looking for information on the cabins/location. Noisy? Busy hallway?

Thanks!

We are in 4590 in a month. I will post pictures and comments when I return as I couldnt find much info on them either.

Edited by Mar56
Stupid iPad

Thanks! That's the one we have!

It looks like they have huge porthole windows. :)

Somewhere there is a thread where that is mentioned about these rooms. Apparently it used to be a dining area. It will be our first outside room, as we always did balconies but now with no smoking, we decided to reduce our costs and try an outside. Really looking forward to it. Looks like a great location.

When are you sailing?

Somewhere there is a thread where that is mentioned about these rooms. Apparently it used to be a dining area. It will be our first outside room, as we always did balconies but now with no smoking, we decided to reduce our costs and try an outside. Really looking forward to it. Looks like a great location.

When are you sailing?

November 27th. You?

A deck 9 hump cabin is definitely our top choice for location on any Radiance Class ship. We regularly select 9078 if it is available when we are booking.. Location is convenient to the Centrum elevators and stairs and the balcony is larger .:)

We booked cabin 8102 while we were on Allure. The agent onboard convinced us that these were the best cabins due to the extra large balcony.

I love the sound of this!

I'll be sailing on Brilliance in January with my daughter and we'll definitely have to do this.