Are our Cabins secure !!!

stephenp

If you want to remain close together, make sure your reservations are linked. Otherwise, they have no idea that they are separating people that are traveling together. There still might be other reasons to be moved (for example if a guarantee was booked, or automatic upgrades are selected).

RCCL told me today that they have pulled the cabin to prepare for dry dock.

If that´s the case then so be it. If not ??? My mother does not need help,

I booked this cabin at a Fantastic Single rate, € 1310 Euros and it was the best avail Cabin. I did not agree to the cabin moving without any comment to us as passengers. My Point was that they move cabins without asking or informing us That all.

Many thanks for your comments and tips

Happy cruise everybody:

Only 14 days to the Oasis

and 5 weeks to Reflections Transatlantic Cruise !!!!

Stephen

RCCL told me today that they have pulled the cabin to prepare for dry dock.

If that´s the case then so be it. If not ??? My mother does not need help,

I booked this cabin at a Fantastic Single rate, € 1310 Euros and it was the best avail Cabin. I did not agree to the cabin moving without any comment to us as passengers. My Point was that they move cabins without asking or informing us That all.

Many thanks for your comments and tips

Happy cruise everybody:

Only 14 days to the Oasis

and 5 weeks to Reflections Transatlantic Cruise !!!!

Stephen

Thanks for posting.

Interesting about needing that cabin in preparation for drydock. That is the last cabin aft before you get to the secret balconies. I wonder if they are going to add some suites to those balcony areas.

Thanks for posting.

Interesting about needing that cabin in preparation for drydock. That is the last cabin aft before you get to the secret balconies. I wonder if they are going to add some suites to those balcony areas.

We have heard , FWIW, that the 'Secret' balconies are being converted into cabins?!?! So, this makes sense. Not all changes will be completed during dry dock.....

Edited by Seatravelers

Maybe, but between that cabin and the secret balcony is one of the control booths for the Aquatheater, and the staff enter it from the secret balcony, so there would have to be some continued access to it. And the secret balcony area would be a bit of an odd shape to be a suite factoring in a decent balcony.

My guess is they will be using it to access the lighting just off the control booth (as there is a small catwalk on the other side of the cabin's balcony) and starting to prepare some upgrades in that area.

We have heard , FWIW, that the 'Secret' balconies are being converted into cabins?!?! So, this makes sense. Not all changes will be completed during dry dock.....

Makes me really glad we did a last minute cruise in August and had cabin 11727, next to last aft Boardwalk cabin. We absolutely loved using that balcony. It was our whole reason for booking that cabin! Actually couldn't believe it was available as late as we booked.

Hoping they won't turn that into a cabin. Don't really think the Oasis class ships need anymore people on board! :) Maybe they will just need to use the area for storage and did not want those in that last cabin to experience loud noises.

stephenp:

Hope this won't be too much of an inconvenience for your upcoming cruise. Wishing you a great cruise on board the Oasis.

Edited by denamo

I was in the cabin below,11329,and have been moved further down the corridor. Not happy at all after booking 17 months in advance for that specific cabin. I was initially told by after sales there was a simple change of cabin number on the door and that it was in fact the same cabin..lies..got in contact with the ship & that cabin is being 'refurbished' which is rediculous considering the cabin is in dry dock for refurbishment a week later!

I was in the cabin below,11329,and have been moved further down the corridor. Not happy at all after booking 17 months in advance for that specific cabin. I was initially told by after sales there was a simple change of cabin number on the door and that it was in fact the same cabin..lies..got in contact with the ship & that cabin is being 'refurbished' which is rediculous considering the cabin is in dry dock for refurbishment a week later!

I am in the same cabin in November after the drydock. I'd be super mad if they moved me as we booked in january.

Did they offer to let you cancel or are they saying too bad, so sad?

Bill

I am in the same cabin in November after the drydock. I'd be super mad if they moved me as we booked in january.

Did they offer to let you cancel or are they saying too bad, so sad?

Bill

Ahh I wish there was someone like you at Royal Caribbean who understands the importance of having that cabin. I've been waiting 17 months for this cruise & am so let down. No offer for any compensation or anything...yet. I have put a complaint in but really do not want any other cabin on the boardwalk.

[quote name='Homosassa']Read your cruise contract. The cruise line can change your cabin without prior notification.[/QUOTE]
Most of us here understand but it doesn't make for good business practice. I would also complain. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

[quote name='travelagentlucy']Ahh I wish there was someone like you at Royal Caribbean who understands the importance of having that cabin. I've been waiting 17 months for this cruise & am so let down. No offer for any compensation or anything...yet. I have put a complaint in but really do not want any other cabin on the boardwalk.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that you didn't find out until after the final payment date?

If so, in my eyes that's just wrong as they know well in advance what they are going to be doing during drydock.

I would definitely cancel my other booking that i have for next April and move on to another cruise line. I know other cruise lines do it too but in those instances it wouldn't matter much as they don't have cabins like the one you and i booked for a specific reason.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Bill

[quote name='travelagentlucy']Ahh I wish there was someone like you at Royal Caribbean who understands the importance of having that cabin. I've been waiting 17 months for this cruise & am so let down. No offer for any compensation or anything...yet. I have put a complaint in but really do not want any other cabin on the boardwalk.[/quote]
I'd probably be unhappy to lose that cabin, too. Though if I knew there would be workers banging right outside and perhaps occassionally wanting access to the interior of the cabin, I'd probably be happier a few doors down the boardwalk...or in an OV balcony.

[quote name='Big_G']Most of us here understand but it doesn't make for good business practice. I would also complain. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.[/QUOTE]

Yes I completely understand the cruise contract but if this is something they have (or should have) known for a while they should have contacted the guests involved way ahead in advance & not given them the leftover cabins that people on cheaper guaranteed bookings would get given.

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']I'm guessing that you didn't find out until after the final payment date?

If so, in my eyes that's just wrong as they know well in advance what they are going to be doing during drydock.

I would definitely cancel my other booking that i have for next April and move on to another cruise line. I know other cruise lines do it too but in those instances it wouldn't matter much as they don't have cabins like the one you and i booked for a specific reason.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Bill[/QUOTE]

Yes s.s. Oceanlover I only just found out about the cabin change on Friday so think they are out of order for leaving it so late, they much of known earlier surely.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']I'd probably be unhappy to lose that cabin, too. Though if I knew there would be workers banging right outside and perhaps occassionally wanting access to the interior of the cabin, I'd probably be happier a few doors down the boardwalk...or in an OV balcony.[/QUOTE]

I think your right starry eyes, I am probably better off in the cabin I'm in down the corridor than being in the one next door. For a bit more peace of mind an oceanview balcony would be preferable but I wonder how many other cabins are being refurbished?

[quote name='travelagentlucy']I think your right starry eyes, I am probably better off in the cabin I'm in down the corridor than being in the one next door. For a bit more peace of mind an oceanview balcony would be preferable but I wonder how many other cabins are being refurbished?[/QUOTE]

Were it me, I would check once on the ship and confirm that there wasn't someone else in that cabin, and if there was, I'd raise an issue with the hotel manager.

[quote name='Jobeth66']Were it me, I would check once on the ship and confirm that there wasn't someone else in that cabin, and if there was, I'd raise an issue with the hotel manager.[/QUOTE]

I will do just that. My OH will have the guts to go & knock on the door! After bring lied to by the after sales team I can't trust anything they say now. So rediculous pulling the best boardwalk cabins on the ship...probably been reserved for aquatheatre staff!!