Royal Caribbean.com is on vacation

ERIE 13

It seems that all cruise companies websites are awful in various ways.They'd be better off hiring a bunch of kids to set them up, because the IT teams they now have are incompetent.RCCL, X,Princess, Carnival,NCL, and the worst of them all, MSC.

I've never really had any trouble with the website other than it being down from time to time.

You'd like to think they were just maintaining this old website while they were working on a new design from scratch that would function like 2014 and not 2004 -- but that likely isn't the case. :rolleyes:

I've never really had any trouble with the website other than it being down from time to time.

You'd like to think they were just maintaining this old website while they were working on a new design from scratch that would function like 2014 and not 2004 -- but that likely isn't the case. :rolleyes:

I would be amazing if they just did a little updating here and there on their website. Some things on the website are still the same as when we booked our first cruise in 2003 on Explorer. (Especially the Cabin Pictures!) :eek:

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

A website like that is an incredibly complex beast. Firewalls, SSL certificates, load balancers, servers, databases, disk arrays, redundant communications, disaster recovery, backups.... And all that being said:

RCCL'S STINKS! :)

Edited by KMagz

I would be amazing if they just did a little updating here and there on their website. Some things on the website are still the same as when we booked our first cruise in 2003 on Explorer. (Especially the Cabin Pictures!) :eek:

You are so right about the pictures! I have to always remind myself that the cabin has always looked better in person than in the picture as the picture always gives me pause when booking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, quite complex as with most large corporate websites. It just becomes harder and harder to integrate new security measures into an old design. The way people are browsing on mobile devices as opposed to PC's 5-10 years ago has changed a lot.

Half the time the prices on the mobile website are different than the full website (for me anyway). It'd be nice to have something updated that wasn't so cumbersome to sift through when looking at cruises on both a mobile device and the desktop/laptop. It would probably help the folks on their end too and decrease problems calls.

It's a major investment though and would require a LOT of work and paying people overtime to meet deadlines. Until something major happens which requires more work than it's worth to update or some security breach in processing information this is the website we'll be stuck with.. ;)

They'd better be fixing all their problems!! So far in the past week, I have had 4 cruises re-priced and one canceled, after full final payment was made, by RCI! There seems to be a huge glitch in their system. She was told that when you call or go into the agent site to do anything on a reservation that has been special priced that it will re-price the cruise fare. My TA has had to spend several hours and days trying to get everything back to the right amounts.

The people who set that website up are the same one's that designed the Obama Care site. They have had issues with it at least since I signed up as a Crown and Anchor Gold member back in 1996. I am now an Emerald member and it still sucks. LOL. Although it's not a LOL moment when your trying to access information about your upcoming cruise and attempting to buy different packages and shore excursions, e.g.