Just wondering...

jerseyjjs

On NCL's website, periodically, a link pops-up to "chat with an avid cruiser". It displays a woman smiling at the camera while holding onto her sunhat. Is NCL aware that the ship in the background behind is a Royal Caribbean vessel?

Probably not! Now I'm trying to get it to come up so I can see. :rolleyes:

I can't remember the name of the company but it's not affiliated with NCL. Basically it's staffed by people sitting at home and they do their best to answer questions. Since they only work when their schedule permits the chat box isn't always visible. I did chat with one individual about it and was told that they are given special contacts at NCL, etc. Anyway, I think the picture is a generic one that the company uses and is not representative of anything in particular.

All the people who answer the questions on the NCL site are named "Kathy" and are referred to in the business as needlers see this link for more info http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/talkingtech/story/2012-05-30/needle-talking-tech/55287900/1

Bet NCL might have a meeting about the "generic image":)

Edited by kcwingwalker

Seems like it would be a good part time job for some of us on here...earn money for our opinions rather than giving it away! Wonder if you can "pass the popcorn" on needle? LOL

Think I might apply.

I'd love this as a part time job! They could pay me in NCL dollars! I'd probably use all the money to fund my cruises :)

I chatted with "Kathy" once. This person was knowledgable. She/he knew about Cruise Critic. So perhaps it is someone or more than one person on our boards. Good luck Clay!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When Kathy first started appearing about a year ago there was a lengthy thread. A couple people here on CC admitted they had jobs as Kathy plus there were several threads a couple months later by one lady constantly asking how she could get one of those jobs over several threads.

I had to check Kathy Out! Lol. It says, "chat with an experienced Norweigian cruiser". In the past, I think I just assumed it was an NCL employee but, after this post, I think it's just someone that's been on a lot of NCL cruises and knows a lot. But I agree....it would be cool to have a job like that just to chat about cruises....like we do here!

It seems that someone took notice.

attachment.php?attachmentid=325346&stc=1&d=1410898673

All the people who answer the questions on the NCL site are named "Kathy" and are referred to in the business as needlers see this link for more info http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/talkingtech/story/2012-05-30/needle-talking-tech/55287900/1

Bet NCL might have a meeting about the "generic image":)

OMG I got it right this time. NCL must have had a meeting on this one:)

NCL hires this company as do many other companies. Many/most of the Needlers are also members of CC. I took their classes and tests to join. It is difficult to get in and there is usually a waiting list of folks that want to work. You sign up to cover shifts like any other job. NCL picks the days and times it wants coverage. They have some direct contact people and phone numbers to get info when they don't know the answers. They can also get into the reservations system for more info than a customer can. It can be stressful as there are usually two,three or four people in your cue when your logged in. Your calls are monitored. They watch closely how you spend your time and what you say to customers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...