123GO on Transatlantic

DFAD2

123Go not offered at all...

Most people believe is because TAs / TPs have lots of Sea Days... And so giving away Drink Pkgs is not close to a break even option... Let alone Profitable for Celebrity

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

We had the offer in the Transatlantic in 2013. Offer was not available for UK cruisers on Transpacific Sept.2013 BUT US citizens were able to take advantage. Don't know if you book the cruise in the US if they are giving the 123 offer.:rolleyes:

TA's are generally quite economical. Lots of sea days enabling people who have a drink pkg to drink the ship dry as Airbalancer already posted. So, I think Celebrity got wise and nixed it.

Thanks for the chuckle Airbalancer. I know you didn't drink it dry!

Edited by YVR cruiser

Correct, they discontinued offering it on TA's. Which was one of the reasons we booked a repostioning cruise instead. It's still cheap per day, but you only get ONE of the items on the 123GO package, not 2 out of 3. Still, on a 16 day cruise, that classic alcohol package savings goes a long, long way along with the reasonable rates for an OV (no 123GO in inside cabins, unfortunately).

We were given it on the eclipse transatlantic in April 2013 and we booked direct with celebrity uk...

I seem to remember it wasn't part of the original 123GO offer which was being offered on cruises leaving from the uk during the 2013 season but was added at a later date for a small period of time on the 2 transatlantic cruises that ended in the uk that spring (eclipse & infinity) I think they might have been struggling to sell the cabins!!

We had already booked the cruise before this was announced but as we had booked within the specified booking period we qualified for it so it was a very nice surprise!

Since then it seems to always be excluded from the free drinks offer but I guess if they are struggling to fill the ships they might indeed add it as a special incentive!

As an annual transatlantic cruiser I'm hoping it does change as IMHO it's a great offer! :D

I understand why the alcohol package is not offered to TA's. They would never make money on that. However, I don't understand why they can't offer free gratuities or OBC. Anyone??:cool:

I understand why the alcohol package is not offered to TA's. They would never make money on that. However, I don't understand why they can't offer free gratuities or OBC. Anyone??:cool:

Compare the cost of a cabin on a TA and you'll see that for the same category and length of cruise it's cheaper than a "regular" cruise. Fuel and other costs are probably higher for them than for a port-intensive cruise, so freebies simply aren't on the table. Sure, they could offer OBC or free gratuities, by upping the price a few hundred dollars, but there's no gain in doing so.

Compare the cost of a cabin on a TA and you'll see that for the same category and length of cruise it's cheaper than a "regular" cruise. Fuel and other costs are probably higher for them than for a port-intensive cruise, so freebies simply aren't on the table. Sure, they could offer OBC or free gratuities, by upping the price a few hundred dollars, but there's no gain in doing so.

If you watch sales on some travel agents sites, you can often get a good price AND prepaid grats plus some OBC on TAs. You have to know a good price when you see one and grab it. It's a dynamic process, prices are always changing, and it's a challenge to know when to pull the trigger.

I was offered the 123 on a TA in 2013, but the price was more than double what I paid without it--not worth it to me at all. IIRC, the inclusive price was about $1499, and we booked a balcony guarantee for $699. That by the way was one of the last times I saw balcony guarantees go that cheaply on a 15 night cruise. This year, the floor seemed to be about $899, with the bennies above from a TA. So on balance about the same I guess.

• 2 months later...
Correct, they discontinued offering it on TA's. Which was one of the reasons we booked a repostioning cruise instead. It's still cheap per day, but you only get ONE of the items on the 123GO package, not 2 out of 3. Still, on a 16 day cruise, that classic alcohol package savings goes a long, long way along with the reasonable rates for an OV (no 123GO in inside cabins, unfortunately).

What is the difference between and TA and a repositioning cruise? All of the TAs I see appear to be repositioning cruises.

What is the difference between and TA and a repositioning cruise? All of the TAs I see appear to be repositioning cruises.

Yes, all TAs are repositioning cruises but all repositioning cruises are not TAs. There are cruises that reposition but still have lots of ports and not lots of consecutive days at sea where the cost of drink packages to the cruise line may be much higher.

Yes, all TAs are repositioning cruises but all repositioning cruises are not TAs. There are cruises that reposition but still have lots of ports and not lots of consecutive days at sea where the cost of drink packages to the cruise line may be much higher.

But celebrity does offer the 123go package on SOME repositioning cruises. You only get one of the three perks, not two.

That free alcohol package was one of the reasons we booked our 16 night Dec 4 Ft Lauderdale- Valparaiso, Chile cruise.

Edited by jkgourmet

We booked the Reflection TA for April 2015 and Eclipse TA, Nov. 2015, while onboard. One of the given benefits were paid gratuities. Usually there are no benefits given by Celebrity for TA's.

And the April TA was not a low fare! Supply and demand created a very high fare, since this particular cruise had been almost sold out for many months.

We booked AQ for next November TA at first day when it was offered and were given only $100 OBC as part of loyalty program ( I am elite +). My travel agent pays my gratuity. Now, still a year away - AQ is all sold out. If it is a popular itinerary TA- Celebrity don't need to offer anything - it gets sold out without any perks.

They were offered in 2013 on TAs I guess I drank them dry

Lots of sea days enabling people who have a drink pkg to drink the ship dry as Airbalancer already posted.

Thanks for the chuckle Airbalancer. I know you didn't drink it dry!

Have you ever cruised with Airbalancer??? :eek: :D :p

• 6 months later...
I believe the TA's are always excluded from this promo.

We are looking at Reflection 2016 TA. Our second choice was the Independence of the Seas because it ends up in Southampton. Now we find we are getting the drinks and free grats. Problems, problems.

We are looking at Reflection 2016 TA. Our second choice was the Independence of the Seas because it ends up in Southampton. Now we find we are getting the drinks and free grats. Problems, problems.

Which cruise have you got the perks with? That would make my mind up for me! [emoji483][emoji16]