Live-- “Eh” to “G’day” – Vancouver to Sydney on Radiance 2014

AussieVisi2r

Thank you again Raina for 'taking us along' on your great trip - lots of very nice photos and a very entertaining commentary.

Happy to hear your daughter is none the worse for her ordeal - a very lucky girl indeed!

Tomorrow it's our turn to board Radiance :D. Has been a long wait since we booked late last year but with the help of your interesting 'blog' the last few weeks went much quicker. ;)

You are rockin those TS outfits !! You should put a couple of the pics on their facebook page so they can see where their clothes travel to !!

Thanks for such a thorough trip report - its been fun following it - and its prepared me for my (extremely short) trip coming up in November !!

Thank you, Raina, for taking the time to post all these fantastic photos of your adventures. This has helped us get an idea of what we can look forward to when we do our Melbourne to LA in 2016 (30 days).

Those still wanting the discount airfare website email from Raina, please email me at psd354 at embarqmail dot com and I will send it to you. :)

Edited by teachergal29

Raina,

Thank you for taking us along on the travels with you and your family. It has definitely been an adventure.

When is the next one? :D

Edit: I should have looked at your signature. Rhapsody as it heads west to the Med. Great ship, you will love it. :)

Bill

Edited by PCWalton1

Raina, could I ask that you please remove the picture of the girl with the Australian tattoo as she is a friend of mine as it not comfortable with the picture being on your blog.. It would be much appreciated..Thanks

Sorry - I cannot go back and remove it. It was not meant to offend her as she had it on public display. Again Sorry, but CC has no way of letting me do this.

R

I found this in the FAQ's section, hope it helps:

Can I edit or delete my posts?

If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Can others edit my posts?

Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages. If they do, there may not be a note telling other users that the post was modified.

Raina,

Thank you for your wonderful post. I felt like I was still with all of you. Wish I could have met your lovely daughter. Have a wonderful summer with your family. Give Dad a big hug for me and thank him for letting me share the corner with him. Leaving Friday for Quebec on Legend. The big P has arrived.

xoxo

Karen

I really enjoyed reading your blog - so full of humour and compassion with some dramas along the way!

Your dad is great - he obviously enjoyed it as much as you did! I love the photo of him looking at the wonderful seafood - his smile says it all!

Joyce

Hi Raina we were also on Radiance for the cruise from Hawaii back to Sydney and loved every minute of it, even the rough weather - both new to cruising but neither of us was even slightly queasy.

We also did a cruise on Pride of America around the islands the week before so can relate to most of your beautiful photos of Hawaii.

I hope it is okay but if you can I would love the info about the broker you used for your flight to Vancouver as would love to do that in future. Email is karista1atbigponddotcom.

Many thanks and loved your review, so glad Sarah is okay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Raina

I just read your review from start to finish. Thank you for taking the time to do it for everyone to learn from and enjoy the pictures were fantastic..

I am glad Sarah was okay that was very unfortunate. We were on the cruise also as i said to you on the rollcall you were at the Captains table for dinner with Sarah & Andy (your dad) right behind us but i didn't want to intrude by coming over however i did get a chance to have a joke with your dad when they couldn't find his walker.

We had a fantastic cruise and wouldn't change a thing about it except to stay longer in Bora Bora it was just amazing and if anyone is going there make sure you do Patricks Bora Bora tour but book in 12 months or more ahead..

I look forward to meeting you on our Legend Hong Kong cruise November 2015.

Thanks again

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back!!!!

Hello again.

I just thought I would add this.

It is mainly relevant for the Aussie readers but also shows the importance of travel insurance.

I recently put in my travel insurance claim for Sarah's head injury.

I put in a claim claiming EVERY cent I spent (as they always knock things back) - some of the documentation was not very official. The 'receipt' for the bus from the ship to the ferry wharf ($40 US) was a note written on a recycled piece of paper from the Port Agent telling us what time to get the bus. I had no proof of breakfast from the 'food buses' at the water front in Pappette. etc. Dinner was a bag of junk (ie magnum ice creams, kitkats, drink) from the petrol station as everything was shut when we left hospital.

It added up to just under $2000.

The ONLY part of the claim they denied was the night in the hotel in Papettee - WHY? Because they calculated that our missed night in a suite on the ship was worth more and paid that! So very quickly I got a refund of $2250 (after the $100 excess was taken). This was done on Sarah's policy. They now want me to claim MY missed night on the ship as well - so another $400 plus still to come.

So as you can guess I HIGHLY RECOMMEND QANTAS QBE TRAVEL INSURANCE!

I must also add that Royal Caribbean was brilliant. Medical staff were fantastic. Guest Services could not have been more helpful.

On another note --- Sarah got her final results yesterday.

SHE HAD FINISHED her second degree AND IS NOW A TEACHER!.

I think I alluded to the fact that she had a very stressful few days before flying out to Tahiti. That was because she had been offered early permanency by the Australian Capital Territory Department of Education and Training. That is huge. A permanent job - forever! And at one of the best primary schools in Canberra! So in the few days before she left she had to do her interview, her teaching demo in front of a panel then a 24 page document to accept the position (which had to be done within 7 days)- all before flying out!

SO I am one very happy mother. A kid with a permanent position in a job she loves AND no permanent damage to her head.

Although I am very please to say that two months later and the hair regrown is very cute - in my opinion. A clump of hair a few centimeters long growing straight up! I will buy her the pink baby hair clip this week. LOL.

Happy Cruising.

Raina

Hi Raina,

Enjoyed your review and the photos very much, I was on the Hawaii to Sydney leg and it brought back some great memories. Congratulations on the recent news and interested in reading your other blogs.

If you don't mind, I am also interested in the broker details, thanks in advance, I'm jamesw32atgmaildotcom.

James

• 1 month later...

Oh my gosh. I loved your review. Every second of it. I've been reading it the last few days. My iPad has ran out of charge three time just reading it. Lol.

Thanks for bringing me along for the ride!!!

Until the next review!

Hailz