Ems Conveyance of Quantum of the Seas

hallasm

Tweeted by HD1080ide

Conveyance of #QuantumoftheSeas delayed. Here it has to fit through:

Bx_fmPrIUAAptvP.jpg:large

You'd think when they are building billions of dollars worth of ships they'd spend a few $ on creating a wider lock gate. Just cut out a few more Metres and add a new gate can't be that hard can it?

You'd think when they are building billions of dollars worth of ships they'd spend a few $ on creating a wider lock gate. Just cut out a few more Metres and add a new gate can't be that hard can it?

It isn't, so in the last months the lock was rebuilt and is now one meter wider than before. It is now about 47 meters wide. The yard doesn't need more space as the dock is just 45 meters wide.

Edited by MasterSchnief

After the sailing in the Eemshaven area, and the Quantum is moored for several days at Bremerhaven's Columbus Cruise Center, where is it going for its sea trials? Same area?

And afterwards? Where to before heading to Southampton, UK at the end of October/November 1 for two-day cruise and its transatlantic?

Ems conveyance is estimated to start earliest at 3pm today, as I just heard. We had rain and wind this morning, now it is quite calm.

There is a meeting of the conveyance team now. A press release to come later today.

Thanks. So that could be 9:00 am EST.

I think it is possible that the Quantum has now cleared the lock at the shipyard, is now completely on the Ems and the transmission is picking up again at 17.45 their time. I saw her as she was just about completely through the lock and the next time I went out I saw that message in German. On the main page that connects you to the live transmission there is the following German text message that is translated as

"NDR.de transfers the transfer of live in the video stream. Currently our reporter on the spot change their location and log against 17.45 back with new images."

Edited by hac82

Hello,

Have I missed it???? The link is bringing up a message in German :-( and my mobile is just buffering.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPP SOMEONE PLEEEASEEEE!!!

Thanks!

Lesley

She's already through the shipyard lock. She is headed up the EMS!