Tortola Cancelled??

I booked a Celebrity Cruise, repositioning from San Juan to Bayonne, and there are several people on the roll call that do that cruise every year and they're disappointed because that itinerary usually includes Tortola. This year, an extra sea day on the same 8-day cruise. This would explain it, I guess!

I just read on the Port of Call board that Tortola has been cancelled. They are updating the pier. Disney and HAL are given priority berths.

Anyone heard anything? We're scheduled to be there next Feb.

Here is the thread on Tortola with the news report as to why cancelled from November 8th through Early 2015,

And most who are on Jewel have St Thomas already as the alternative. We were one of the lucky ones.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2102764

Edited by PompeySailor

Here is the thread on Tortola with the news report as to why cancelled from November 8th through Early 2015,

And most who are on Jewel have St Thomas already as the alternative. We were one of the lucky ones.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2102764

We had Tortola cancelled for our Jan. 2015 Jewel cruise and it was replaced with Antigua.

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

Could be worst. We had our 2009 Panama Canal cruise change itineraries 2 days into our 15 day cruise. Swine flu eliminated 3 ports of call in Mexico with arriving in San Diego around 3 pm and departing around midnight, Catalina Island off Los Angeles and arriving around 1 pm in San Francisco our port of departure the next morning.

We still had a great trip and hope one day to get back to the ports of call we missed in Mexico

I remember Tortola as a neat port. Of course I tend to look for positives. I like the other ports too!

Edited by shipshape sam