OBC on cruise personalizer

recia

Should the OBC offered by Princess in a promotion show up on my cruise personalizer. My FCC and one from TA show up but not the OBC offered by Princess and acknowledged by TA in invoice. TA says it will show up once on ship, but seems like it should be showing up now. Worried I will not get it.

Should the OBC offered by Princess in a promotion show up on my cruise personalizer. My FCC and one from TA show up but not the OBC offered by Princess and acknowledged by TA in invoice. TA says it will show up once on ship, but seems like it should be showing up now. Worried I will not get it.

My Princess promotional OBC is displayed in my Cruise Personalizer along with FCC, TA, shareholder & military however not the small loyalty OBC which is issued by the Captain's Circle rep on the ship.

Yes, almost all OBC should be shown in the Payments and Credits tab for the Cruise Personalizer.

I regularly see Onboard Sales Promotion (FCC OBC), Travel Agent Promotion (TA OBC), and Carnival Shareholder OBC, as well as Princess Onboard Credit Promotion (Princess OBC). I don't qualify for military OBC.

What doesn't show is the loyalty OBC for Princess cruisers with over 20 cruises - these are awarded onboard ship.

As stated by others, if you don't see a credit you are entitled to (including TA OBC) then you need to investigate further with your TA.

Edited by Times Prince

Any OBC's will be displayed in the payments and credits tab. If not listed there your TA needs to contact Princess to make sure It has been applied to booking. If your TA won't make the call you could try Princess directly.

This isn't quite accurate. If you purchase OBC (gift yourself OBC) or someone else gifts you OBC it doesn't show on the personalizer.

• 1 month later...

What are the definitions of "sales promotion" and "credit promotion"? The former is obvious, but is the latter the credit I purchased onboard at some point in the past? And if I used that credit in paying for the cruise passage, why would it show up again as a credit in the personalizer?

As stated by others, if you don't see a credit you are entitled to (including TA OBC) then you need to investigate further with your TA.

Leave nothing to chance. Have a copy of your TA's voucher showing his OBC, just in case something goes awry on board the ship. I have had two occasions where OBCs did not show on the ship's computer for reasons known only to God, I guess. In the first case it took a call to my TA while I was on board. She straightened it out. In the second case I had the paperwork with me, but the Customer Service person was still balking. Finally, he allowed it as a "courtesy". It wasn't really a "courtesy" situation, though. Sure glad I could point to a document.

As if to prove my point, I just got off the line with the rep for a large warehouser who also handles travel. She said that her company's OBCs will not appear on the Princess site but will be sent directly to the ship, a recipe for disaster IMO.

What are the definitions of "sales promotion" and "credit promotion"? The former is obvious, but is the latter the credit I purchased onboard at some point in the past? And if I used that credit in paying for the cruise passage, why would it show up again as a credit in the personalizer?

I am happy to answer my own question. I was wrong in my original opinion. The "sales promotion" is the OBC connected with the purchase of a future cruise credit and can be as much as $150. The "credit promotion" is an enticement to book the cruise. This is great news for me, as my DW and I will benefit by a total of $400 plus our TA's OBC. Thank you, Princess.

Would Princess Credit Card credits show up in the same location? Thank you

It has been my experience that the credits from the credit card show up only on the travel summary in the special services section. It has never appeared on the Personalizer.

"Special Services:

Passenger purchased gifts and special service requests are listed below."

It has been my experience that the credits from the credit card show up only on the travel summary in the special services section. It has never appeared on the Personalizer.

"Special Services:

Passenger purchased gifts and special service requests are listed below."

I just went to the booking for my upcoming Mexico cruise and checked this out to see if anything showed up. Even though I have purchased $100 OBC and a coffee card they still don't show up.

Special Services

Passenger purchased gifts and special service requests are listed below.

ALL SPECIAL SERVICES FOR THIS BOOKING

There are no Special Services for this booking

I just went to the booking for my upcoming Mexico cruise and checked this out to see if anything showed up. Even though I have purchased $100 OBC and a coffee card they still don't show up.

Special Services

Passenger purchased gifts and special service requests are listed below.

ALL SPECIAL SERVICES FOR THIS BOOKING

There are no Special Services for this booking

I can't speak to direct purchases of OBC only what I get from redeeming points on the Princess credit card. Our credit has shown on rhe travel summary 100% of the time within a week of redemption (for at least 5 cruises in the last 2 years). There is also a card in the room at embarkation showing the credit. I don't have a crurrent summary to show what it actually says as on our last cruise a few weeks ago we redeemed the points as a "cruise discount" instead of onboard credit.

It's probably just the same old Princess web site issues. I checked other areas of this booking and found this:

=====================

Pre-Cruise Emails

Below are emails you have been sent in anticipation of this upcoming cruise.

There are no pre-cruise emails at this time. Your sailing may be too far in the future. Please check again closer to your sailing date.

=====================

Note that this is for a cruise leaving in 18 days!

Gotta love the Princess web site. The info for our PC cruise next year has this gem:

Your itinerary includes 0 formal nights and 0 smart casual nights

Edited by Thrak

S

Neither will show up in the Personalizer.

These are gifts (in this case gifts to yourself) and these do not appear because the gift giver may want to surprise the recipient with the gift once onboard.

So, when you embark and find the gift announcements in your cabin, act surprised.

(Seriously, do bring proof of purchase with you.)

Any OBC's will be displayed in the payments and credits tab. If not listed there your TA needs to contact Princess to make sure It has been applied to booking. If your TA won't make the call you could try Princess directly.

if you booked with a TA they have to call princess and not you

Gotta love the Princess web site. The info for our PC cruise next year has this gem:

Your itinerary includes 0 formal nights and 0 smart casual nights

That is because you are booked on the nudist theme cruise.

GAH!!! :eek::eek::eek: