Sun Princess cabin question...

toothgirl

Hi,

I'm booked for my second cruise on the Sun, and this time I've managed to talk my parents and my godmother into coming as well.... and as for now we're booked for a cabin of 4. However, last time I had a double room all to myself and it seemed just adequate...and what I've understood is, that cabin for 4 is just the same old double but they squeez 4 people into it somehow. Anyways, we're booked for a E category cabin... has anyone ever stayed in such a cabin with 3 other people, please do let me know how it was, and if it's something that we all could survive! :) But I really don't see how 4 people caould fit all their clothes into that tiny closet, it was just right for me alone... I have my doubts! :o

Kristin

A category E isn't large enough for four adults, in my opinion, especially for a week-long cruise. Three women in a cabin sharing one bathroom will be a nightmare for your father.

Realize how cramped it will be and that two of the beds will be berths that fold down from the wall and be the height of a top bunkbed. Getting two cabins, even if it means switching to two inside cabins, would be my preference. But people have managed to do this. If it's what you want, go for it.

Your guess is right-no extra space just because the cabin holds 4. If you found it full with just one person, my guess is you would find it impossible with four. Even if you can work out storage and closet concerns, bear in mind that privacy is also limited to the bathroom. Unless the four of you are all very comfy around each other, or plan on working out a shift schedule, you would probably find it too close.

Hi,

I'm booked for my second cruise on the Sun, and this time I've managed to talk my parents and my godmother into coming as well.... and as for now we're booked for a cabin of 4. However, last time I had a double room all to myself and it seemed just adequate...and what I've understood is, that cabin for 4 is just the same old double but they squeez 4 people into it somehow. Anyways, we're booked for a E category cabin... has anyone ever stayed in such a cabin with 3 other people, please do let me know how it was, and if it's something that we all could survive! :) But I really don't see how 4 people caould fit all their clothes into that tiny closet, it was just right for me alone... I have my doubts! :o

Kristin

All cabins are small, other than the suits, however a little tip for you. There is a staff staircase on deck E, go up one deck and you will be right by some washrooms behind the show room. This staircase is used for lifeboat drill. Happily 'mr green' is not my real name! ;) john

We cruised on the Sun Princess last March and brought our then 19 yr. old daughter along. We had an INSIDE cabin. In the past, on RCCL ships, she has been in the room w/us. But for the past 2 years, she had sailed in another cabin w/girlfriends. So I was worried a bit about "overcrowding" (3 of us, plus all the assorted flat irons, curling stuff, makeup, SHOES, and so forth that it entailed) and her coming in very late at night and being noisy, etc. However, it wasn't bad at all! She was pretty considerate. Of course, she slept "in" sometimes, so we tried to be a bit quiet in the a.m.s for her. If all of you go to bed and get us at exactly the same time, that might be a problem. That is the most important thing - to be considerate of each other. There are things you can do to make it bearable. For instance, it's nice if maybe you can - esp. for formal night getting ready - maybe kind of all pick times to get the cabin for yourself for a few min. to shower, etc. That way the person getting ready can move around the cabin a bit and feel some privacy. A tip is if anyone of you wouldn't mind, you can go up by the gym/spa and shower off, even wash your hair, etc. - use their towels - and that is a time saver when there are 4 who need to use the cabin. Public restrooms can come in handy w/4 in a cabin - lol! Sure, a cabin to yourself is GREAT. But sometimes, if it means going or not going, it is worth it. Hope it works out!

Hi all,

We are booked on the Sun April 7/06 3 adults in a balcony. Yes its will be a tight spot. But as you say, consideration and some pre-planning that is all it take. I am use to a large balcony. That is the only set back. The Mini, unless they come through with a special for Captain Circle members is just not possible at this time. Being Canadians it will boost the cost up to close to 400.00 Canadian per person. That is quite a jump.

The itinerary was what sold us. The cabins do look very nice.

Julie

Toothgirl,

Glad to see that you are booked on the Sun again...and that you will have some family going with you.

It was great to meet you on our March/05 Sun cruise, and to chat with you on various occasions during the 10 days.

We are taking the Sea for 14 days next March.

Cheers,

marc

Thank you all for your advice, I think we're gonna try to squeeze us all in there, since my godmother couldn't possibly afford this any other way...

Marc,

good to hear from you! By the way, originally I was looking at the 14 day cruise on the Sea in March,...so I guess we would've been on the same cruise again! :) However my parents thought it might be difficult for them to get that much time off work, so we opted for the 10 day cruise! :) The itinerary of the Sea cruise was lovely though, I would've done it in a heartbeat...only this thime I have other opinions to consider! :)

Take care,

Kristin

We had this cabin on the Sun two years ago. Two adults and it was small. All of the luggage will not fit under the bed and you will be tripping over it the whole cruise. We didn't bring much but one of our large cases wouldn't fit, had to put it in a corner. One chair in the room and a small stool at the mirror, everyone would be sitting on the beds. Four adults would be very uncomfortable.

If it's 10 days it would not be much of a vacation. Sorry for the bad news.

Archived