Latest time to book a cruise

Host CJSKIDS

I just booked a last minute cruise yesterday that leave Thursday on the Caribbean Princess. Surprised with the deals that there are any cabins actually left let alone 12 suites.

I just called and asked when the latest was that someone could book the Princess agent said the day of. Now I know that's not correct since names have to be turned over at least 24 hours but does anyone know exactly when Princess shuts down the bookings?

Surprising to see that they haven't made any upsell offers on the cruise since there are so many suites open. A chance for them to make some more revenue since I highly doubt anyone is going to fork over $3,000 for a last minute 4 night sailing that only goes to Princess Cay.

I have booked morning of on Princess and had no problem.

Some of the things you see posted on CC over and over and over just aren't correct. The 24 (72, 48) hours that is posted repeatedly on CC just hasn't been my experience. Maybe there is a cruise line out there that has that requirement but it isn't Princess.

I have booked morning of on two different lines -- in the past couple years -- well after 9/11.

The government's deadline for the manifest is one hour before departure. I wonder about this because on one cruise we had to wait for a late flight and left as soon as the people got to the ship from the airport. Perhaps the government waived the requirement or else the cruise line was able to confirm the passengers before they got to the ship to check in.

I found one article that talked about three women getting arrested due to outstanding warrants as they returned home from a cruise. That's another reason for the manifest.

..I wonder about this because on one cruise we had to wait for a late flight and left as soon as the people got to the ship from the airport. Perhaps the government waived the requirement or else the cruise line was able to confirm the passengers before they got to the ship to check in....
Everyone who completes the online check-in is submitted on the list whether or not they have actually boarded the ship.

Wow, i did not know that!!!

I have only read the 24 hours all the time on here so assumed that was correct. The agent did say he never has done it because who would book that morning. I told him I would because not only can I sit on one of my sofas in my living room and actually see the cruise ships sitting at the port of Miami but also 35 minutes away from Port Everglades!

As of last night at 11:49 PM, there were lots of cabins in every category for sale on the 9/25 sailing in all categories and last I spoke with them last night right before they closesd, there were a lot of cabins.

(A friend that I saw last night thought maybe she would come.)

As of this morning the Princess website shows that this voyage is no longer for sale. So do they shut down online bookings the day prior or did the sailing sell out within the early morning hours?

Guess if she wants to come she will have to call them when they open.

I just hung with Princess. According to the rep, the ship takes control of the cabins the day prior. She can't get into the cabins to see what's available for booking. If my friend wants to book, she has to call back when it's 8 am California time and the agent will call a different department to see about booking. The agent has personally never booked someone so close to a sailing but this was her understanding how what is done.

Wow, i did not know that!!!

I have only read the 24 hours all the time on here so assumed that was correct. The agent did say he never has done it because who would book that morning. I told him I would because not only can I sit on one of my sofas in my living room and actually see the cruise ships sitting at the port of Miami but also 35 minutes away from Port Everglades!

Neither did I. We could do a cruise with 2 days notice anytime.

The government's deadline for the manifest is one hour before departure. I wonder about this because on one cruise we had to wait for a late flight and left as soon as the people got to the ship from the airport. Perhaps the government waived the requirement or else the cruise line was able to confirm the passengers before they got to the ship to check in.

I found one article that talked about three women getting arrested due to outstanding warrants as they returned home from a cruise. That's another reason for the manifest.

The one hour prior to sailing is for the passenger manifest to be processed normally under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, which is what allows the BC/DL travel documents. This manifest is provided to CBP upon sailing, and is used by CBP during the voyage to screen the people on the manifest, so that entry for US citizens returning is cursory at best.

If the ship waited for a late flight, then the people on that flight were booked through the cruise line, so they would have done on-line check in, and that information would have been used to create the manifest. If someone had missed that flight, the ship would have had to submit a revised manifest post sailing, with additional processing cost.

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously by this thread, it's possible, but has anyone had any experience of extending their cruise by staying on the ship and booking for the next cruise? There must be cabins available - of course - just wondered if anyone has done this and if so, did they pay a higher amount because it was last minute, good price because one sold is better than one empty, or the same price they would have regardless?

Thanks

Obviously by this thread, it's possible, but has anyone had any experience of extending their cruise by staying on the ship and booking for the next cruise? There must be cabins available - of course - just wondered if anyone has done this and if so, did they pay a higher amount because it was last minute, good price because one sold is better than one empty, or the same price they would have regardless?

Thanks

I have not done it, but have been on Princess cruises when the next segment was offered to those on board at fire sale prices.

I could not take advantage of the offer because was already away from home for a period of time or because of self-booked airline reservations.

I just booked a last minute cruise yesterday that leave Thursday on the Caribbean Princess. Surprised with the deals that there are any cabins actually left let alone 12 suites.

I just called and asked when the latest was that someone could book the Princess agent said the day of. Now I know that's not correct since names have to be turned over at least 24 hours but does anyone know exactly when Princess shuts down the bookings?

Surprising to see that they haven't made any upsell offers on the cruise since there are so many suites open. A chance for them to make some more revenue since I highly doubt anyone is going to fork over $3,000 for a last minute 4 night sailing that only goes to Princess Cay.

Interesting, you just stated what Princess told you and you decided that it wasn't correct.:confused:

I have not done it, but have been on Princess cruises when the next segment was offered to those on board at fire sale prices.

I could not take advantage of the offer because was already away from home for a period of time or because of self-booked airline reservations.

Because of the circumstances - I could take advantage - if available - Thank you for this information! I will definitely check on this!

Interesting, you just stated what Princess told you and you decided that it wasn't correct.:confused:

As anyone on here can tell you, there are many times you call Princess and get one answer from a representative and then you can call back and get a completely different answer!

A few months ago I tried to book a last minute cruise and Princess told me that I couldn't book last minute after 9/11 so that's originally what I thought. Guess that time I was given misinformation and this time I was given the correct answer.

As anyone on here can tell you, there are many times you call Princess and get one answer from a representative and then you can call back and get a completely different answer!

A few months ago I tried to book a last minute cruise and Princess told me that I couldn't book last minute after 9/11 so that's originally what I thought. Guess that time I was given misinformation and this time I was given the correct answer.

Call again. I'll bet they change once more. :D:D

And you can't get misinformation on this forum?:rolleyes:

And you can't get misinformation on this forum?:rolleyes:

Post something that's not correct on this forum & 10 people will correct you.

Call Princess & that 1 person either reads you the standard document or gives you his opinion, right or wrong. I take their answers with a grain of salt & usually end up asking the same question here.