Questions about Elite benefits

Rebel

Once we complete our cruise next month, DH and I will be in Elite status (yippy, skippy!) I've read the list of benefits on the Princess website but, I still have a couple of questions:

1. Deluxe Canapés Selection...on a cruise that has no formal nights, such as a three or four day cruise, will we still be able to receive this benefit?

2. Afternoon Tea in your stateroom...may I order this everyday or is it offered only once per cruise?

TIA!

Lynn

Once we complete our cruise next month, DH and I will be in Elite status (yippy, skippy!) I've read the list of benefits on the Princess website but, I still have a couple of questions:

1. Deluxe Canapés Selection...on a cruise that has no formal nights, such as a three or four day cruise, will we still be able to receive this benefit?

2. Afternoon Tea in your stateroom...may I order this everyday or is it offered only once per cruise?

TIA!

Lynn

Congratulations on your upcoming Elite Status!

Crochetcruise:cool:

1. I would think not as they're offered only on formal nights. Don't be disappointed as other than the chocolate-covered strawberries, they're quite disappointing.

2. You can enjoy tea everyday if you like.

Lew

We were Elite for the first time last month on our Caribbean Princess cruise. I ordered a selection of the deluxe canapés the night before the second formal night (six pieces total). I missed the deadline for ordering them the first formal night, having overlooked the card among all the other pieces of paper our cabin steward left for us. The problem with the second night's canapés is that they weren't delivered when we requested them, which was about half an hour before we went to dinner. I ended up throwing out everything except for the chocolate-covered strawberries because I did not want to eat anything that had been sitting out at room temperature.

So here's what I've learned from my fellow CCers and Elites:

1. Deluxe canapés aren't but, the chocolate covered strawberries are good. My TA has ordered these for me before as a gift and they were terrific. I look forward to ordering them on my first Elite status cruise whenever that is; we haven't booked it yet.

2. Afternoon tea is good and it can be ordered every afternoon but, be prepared for a lot of food. I'll probably order the full tea service the first time just so I can have the full experience but, for future orders, I'll most likely order just tea and scones, as gooch47 does.

Thank you all for the information and advice!

For the deluxe canapés as I recall you can choose 6 (or 5?) items & we only check the chocolate covered strawberries option with 6 next to it. We've always received that number of chocolate covered strawberries & I was also disappointed in the other canapés.

TIA!

Lynn

Lynn, the Deluxe Canapes are only offered on formal nights. You will have a card in your cabin the night before to hang on your door where you mark what you wish and also the time for it to be delivered. As others have mentioned ... the chocolate covered strawberries are the only things worth ordering. ;)

The Afternoon Tea to your cabin is offered everyday.

Look forward to taking your first Elite cruise. :D

Edited by OCruisers