Is there a 'quest' on a 4 night cruise?

JazzieB

We are sailing on our 1st RCCL cruise in 31 days so forgive my ignorance, but what is "Quest"?

PG-13 / R rated adult participation show / scanvenger hunt. The lounge or room where it is held is split into a bunch of different teams and people have to run up and show the MC whatever they ask for; teams earn points for being first. Usually results in some crazy dancing, showing of tattoos, people barking like dogs, guys dressed in drag, etc. It's fun.

Quest on the Oasis TA had a retired preacher running round the ice in just his underwear, being kissed all over his body by 8 men who were all wearing lipstick, doing his favourite s**ual position on the ice with another man and dressing as a sexy woman at the end to win for his team !

Mmmmmmmmm ............................

PG-13 / R rated adult participation show / scanvenger hunt. The lounge or room where it is held is split into a bunch of different teams and people have to run up and show the MC whatever they ask for; teams earn points for being first. Usually results in some crazy dancing, showing of tattoos, people barking like dogs, guys dressed in drag, etc. It's fun.

Mmm, good description except for the PG-13/R Rating, I would go with R/NC-17 based on the one we did on Vision. Lets just say our team captain came to the event with the intention of removing his pants as often as he could and had the inappropriate strap-on/thong/tattoo accroutements under his shorts to allow him to do so ....

I have yet to be on a cruise where there wasn't a Quest. It was even on the Oasis 2 day cruise.

Unless I completely missed it, there was no Quest (or Love & Marriage show) on my 5 night Oasis Mediterranean cruise (9/18-9/23). I specifically was on the lookout for it and even commented on it in my post cruise review. Although, this was an unusual cruise; not the normal itinerary (so was the 2 day, I guess.) Frankly, I think they had a hard time getting people to participate - lots of non-English speakers. Maybe that had something to do with it??

Maybe somebody will come and correct me, but I was quite shocked to not see it.

Unless I completely missed it, there was no Quest (or Love & Marriage show) on my 5 night Oasis Mediterranean cruise (9/18-9/23). I specifically was on the lookout for it and even commented on it in my post cruise review. Although, this was an unusual cruise; not the normal itinerary (so was the 2 day, I guess.) Frankly, I think they had a hard time getting people to participate - lots of non-English speakers. Maybe that had something to do with it??

We were on the cruise before you. I never thought about it onboard(we can take or leave it usually) but when I saw this thread I just said to DH 'I'm pretty sure we didn't have one last week'. The whole cruise had quite a different feel to me though.

There was definitely one on our 4 day Adventure cruise in May so I'd guess Indy will have it too.

Julie

Edited by kernow
amend text

Maybe it's only a North American itinerary event? If you have a lot of non-English speakers, could be tough to do a show like that. Especially where time is of the essence and it would be easy to get injured.

(I've only sailed North American itineraries with Royal)

Edited by MattInFLL