Our cruise is over booked

Kosi

This is a good deal for someone!

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the October 4,2014 Royal Princess sailing. Move to an alternative sailing and receive:

* 100% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit) * Free Upgrade to a spacious mini-suite stateroom * Air change fees covered up to $200 per person (Princess Air protected) * Receive up to 4 extra cruise nights free Alternative sailing: * Ruby Princess 10 day sailing October 2or 12, 2014 * Ruby Princess 12 day sailing October 22, 2014 We look forward to hearing from you. Call us for details, but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.

* Travel agencies will receive a $50.00 bonus per cabin if offer is accepted.

But just remember that offer is for you and most likely isn't transferrable to someone else (like someone on your roll call). Probably what has happened is Princess started offering a partial refund to those in a specific category cabin and didn't get any bites so they upped it to a full refund. Or else a bigwig has requested your cabin. Someone with a flexible schedule will take them up on their offer.

The day before we were going on our first Princess cruise, we got a moveover offer -- full refund and upgrade to a balcony (we were in the lowest category cabin on the Star). But we didn't take the offer as we were already parked, anxious to compare Princess to our experiences on Carnival, not interested in upgrading to a balcony, and we paid a pretty low amount for that cruise (a friends and family discount...so we weren't going to get a whole lot back). But for somebody else, it would be a free cruise.

A few weeks before our most recent cruise, we got a similar offer, but for a partial refund. In this case, we couldn't change our date because we have a school-aged kid and could only take this cruise over the holidays.

In both cases, we lived about an hour's drive from the port so no flights nor hotel arrangements were involved.

My sister and I put our names in to accept this offer (we got the same move over offer but in our case the upgrade was from an interior to a balcony) but we haven't heard back - I'm guessing that they had no problems with finding takers!

Edited by kmhkmb

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the October 4,2014 Royal Princess sailing. Move to an alternative sailing and receive:

* 100% of cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit) * Free Upgrade to a spacious mini-suite stateroom * Air change fees covered up to $200 per person (Princess Air protected) * Receive up to 4 extra cruise nights free Alternative sailing: * Ruby Princess 10 day sailing October 2or 12, 2014 * Ruby Princess 12 day sailing October 22, 2014 We look forward to hearing from you. Call us for details, but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.

Nice offer!

Why would they oversell and have to give cruises away? Just call the ship sold out when it's sold out. Someone please explain how this all works? :confused:

Just like the airlines and hotels cruise lines routinely "oversell" due to last minute fall off from cancellations. They want to the ship to sail at 100% occupancy as to make as much profit as well with on board sales. They try to oversell the sailing just to cover cancellations; but sometimes they guess wrong. It not a perfect science. Thus, Princess has to offer "moveover" incentives to entice passengers to move over to future sailings. No one has to take the offers. They just keep calling down to the list until the find someone interested and get the number of passengers to equal the number of berths. You see once the ship goes out with an empty cabin there is no way to recoup the lost and thus if they didn't oversell they might end up with a bunch of empty cabins. People really do cancel up to departure due to family emergencies and medical issues, etc. a lot more then you think.

Just like the airlines and hotels cruise lines routinely "oversell" due to last minute fall off from cancellations. They want to the ship to sail at 100% occupancy as to make as much profit as well with on board sales. They try to oversell the sailing just to cover cancellations; but sometimes they guess wrong. It not a perfect science. Thus, Princess has to offer "moveover" incentives to entice passengers to move over to future sailings. No one has to take the offers. They just keep calling down to the list until the find someone interested and get the number of passengers to equal the number of berths. You see once the ship goes out with an empty cabin there is no way to recoup the lost and thus if they didn't oversell they might end up with a bunch of empty cabins. People really do cancel up to departure due to family emergencies and medical issues, etc. a lot more then you think.

Well said.

Cool! I would probably do it!

Our On line TA sent us an email. She did a three way call with Princess to confirm and it was done very quickly. We rebooked, sent in our electronic receipts for changing our reward air travel and our new booking OBC was immediated credited. We were impressed with the business like approach of our TA and Princess. All items were summarized in a email for us in order to avoid any misunderstandings.

Booked a late Feb. Sun cruise from Sydney and will spend Jan and Feb in Thailand/Malaysis working our way down. We are hoping to pick up a last minute booking for Aus/NZ either prior to or after our booked cruise.

Why would they oversell and have to give cruises away? Just call the ship sold out when it's sold out. Someone please explain how this all works? :confused:

But it isn't free.. the only thing free about it is the 4 extra nights.. You still have to book the next cruise and pay for it..

Several years ago on my way to the airport the day of the cruise I received a call from Princess with a great move over offer, but due to business could not accept it. Difficult to accept when arrangements were made for babysitting 3 children, the dog, and professional appointments could not be easily rescheduled.

Very sad.....LOL

Our offer was a free cruise. We booked a replacement cruise. This replacement cruise now has a very large refundable OBC sitting in it.

The OBC consists of the total amount that we paid for our cancelled cruise, about $200 that Princess gave us to offset our cost in cancelling our reward travel, less the port fees for our upcoming Feb. Cruise.

It was basically a free cruise plus an upgrade from balcony to mini suite.

Our On line TA sent us an email. She did a three way call with Princess to confirm and it was done very quickly. We rebooked, sent in our electronic receipts for changing our reward air travel and our new booking OBC was immediated credited. We were impressed with the business like approach of our TA and Princess. All items were summarized in a email for us in order to avoid any misunderstandings.

Booked a late Feb. Sun cruise from Sydney and will spend Jan and Feb in Thailand/Malaysis working our way down. We are hoping to pick up a last minute booking for Aus/NZ either prior to or after our booked cruise.

I wonder if people that use TAs have an advantage in these situations? I tried to accept this offer but never got called back - do TAs have a different phone number to call?

I wonder if people that use TAs have an advantage in these situations? I tried to accept this offer but never got called back - do TAs have a different phone number to call?

I have never seen someone post that they were ever able to request a moveover offer. I believe it's something that has to be offered to you and can't be transferred to another passenger's booking. So unless I'm wrong, a TA is not going to be able to get this for you.

I would definitely consider the offer.....:):):)

Bob

I would jump on that in a NY minute if given the opportunity. Great deal.