Explorer Of The Seas Question

tm3750

Being my first time on a voyager class ship I am looking forward to everything new it has to offer. We live close to Port Canaveral and being self employed, ( and still working) we tend to just do short 3 and 4 days out of the Port. looking forward to getting on the Explorer.

In addition to pizza, the CP has some delicious sandwiches. My favorite was the roti chicken roll, which I didn't discover until the last day sadly. They also have yummy desserts like a mud cake and cheesecake on a stick. Oh, and cookies are self-serve, from cookie jars (and tongs, of course).

Enjoy! She's a great ship with an amazing crew.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the Sept 11 cruise on Explorer and they had these cheesecake lollipops that were delicious in CP. Made a great late night treat.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by BriBooVa

In addition to pizza, the CP has some delicious sandwiches. My favorite was the roti chicken roll, which I didn't discover until the last day sadly. They also have yummy desserts like a mud cake and cheesecake on a stick. Oh, and cookies are self-serve, from cookie jars (and tongs, of course).

Those are new! Can't wait to board her again and check them out.

Been on Explorer more than several times and have never seen self serve cookies

Guest maddycat

Neither have I. The CP also has self serve tea, coffee, hot chocolate, ice water, and sometimes iced tea. Fresh fruit is always available.

Me too. The only self-serve cookies I've ever seen on Royal have been in Windjammer, and those were on a tray or plate, not a cookie jar.

Member "windjamming" just got back from an Explorer cruise; perhaps the self-serve cookies are very new? Well, at least if they're in cookie jars, it might stop people from grabbing with their bare hands like I've seen in WJ. :eek::rolleyes:

Thanks Langley Cruisers! Yes, we were on the August 28 sailing. From the sounds of it, the Cafe Promenade offerings have been revamped on the Explorer. The roti chicken roll, shrimp sandwich, cheesecake pops, mud cake, and "Led Zeppoles" were all new to me. I also never saw the self-serve cookie jars before this cruise.

Oddly, the CP didn't have any fresh fruit after breakfast time!

As long as they haven't done away with the pizza late at night my DD would die. Do they still offer the chunky chocolate chip cookies so my DH can be happy?

Wish they had chips like in Park cafe.

I know know about chunky, but there were a couple of variants of chocolate chip cookies.

Thanks Langley Cruisers! Yes, we were on the August 28 sailing. From the sounds of it, the Cafe Promenade offerings have been revamped on the Explorer. The roti chicken roll, shrimp sandwich, cheesecake pops, mud cake, and "Led Zeppoles" were all new to me. I also never saw the self-serve cookie jars before this cruise.

Oddly, the CP didn't have any fresh fruit after breakfast time!

I'm getting ready to sail on Explorer next week for the 7th time. Never saw any of the above at the CP. It will be nice to see something new, but I'll miss the fruit cups in the afternoon. Did they still have the chocolate chip scones? My favorite.

I'm getting ready to sail on Explorer next week for the 7th time. Never saw any of the above at the CP. It will be nice to see something new, but I'll miss the fruit cups in the afternoon. Did they still have the chocolate chip scones? My favorite.

Ah, there were diced fruit cups, just not whole fresh fruit (like a banana or a kiwi) after breakfast. I can't recall if there were scones at the PC, sorry.

There were also pink lemonade tartlets (they taste like what you'd expect) and something called Willy Wonka slices, which had raisins or something similar. It didn't look appealing to me, so I didn't try them.

As long as they haven't done away with the pizza late at night my DD would die. Do they still offer the chunky chocolate chip cookies so my DH can be happy?

Wish they had chips like in Park cafe.

DD can rest assured. Pizza is definitely still there. And I did see the chunky choc chip cookies. I prefer them over the regular chips!