Mailed Luggage Tags, What's the difference?

simdog77

We are going on the Grandeur in a few weeks in a GS (our first time in a suite) and of course I am reading everything I can about the perks. There are lots of posts about these "luggage tags" that RC mails and sure enough on day 49 I sent the request to have them sent to us from the web site. What I can't seem to find is what is so special about them? This will be our 6th cruise and we have always just printed them out before and put them in out CC luggage tag holders.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are going on the Grandeur in a few weeks in a GS (our first time in a suite) and of course I am reading everything I can about the perks. There are lots of posts about these "luggage tags" that RC mails and sure enough on day 49 I sent the request to have them sent to us from the web site. What I can't seem to find is what is so special about them? This will be our 6th cruise and we have always just printed them out before and put them in out CC luggage tag holders.

To me it is the benefit of having well printed, proper adhesive backed labels. I like the fact that I don't have to print them and try and make sure they are folded correctly or purchase luggage tag holders.

The only thing 'special' is that they have your name printed on them, they are pretty colors and the adhesive is already on the tag. If I did not have a suite, I would have to print my own in black-white and staple and tape them.

Nothing special, they just have a sticky portion so you don't need holders or a stapler.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies! With that mystery solved there is nothing left to do but start packing! Oh, and I am curious to see if the Concierge really will email us before sailing as that Barefoot Beach Cabana looks real tempting!

The big thing is that ALL cruisers previously were sent luggage tags free of charge. Royal instituted the change some time ago, and so it has become a point to bemoan rather than move on. Now, if you are not in a suite, you either have pay for Royal to send them, print them, or acquire a generic luggage tag once at port. My take...it's just a luggage tag. :)

• 1 year later...
Our daughter and SIL never did get their tags for the 2nd leg of a b2b, so I printed out extras and added their names with a label. They were in the same cabin so easy to do. I had to change the dates.

Why would you ever need tags for the 2nd leg of a B2B, unless you had a different cabin? Note that you would have to request those separately for the 2nd reservation.

Unless this is not really a B2B....

Why would you ever need tags for the 2nd leg of a B2B, unless you had a different cabin? Note that you would have to request those separately for the 2nd reservation.

Unless this is not really a B2B....

Even if it's a different stateroom, one still should not need luggage tags. The stateroom attendants will take the bags directly to the new stateroom.

Our daughter and SIL never did get their tags for the 2nd leg of a b2b, so I printed out extras and added their names with a label. They were in the same cabin so easy to do. I had to change the dates.

Why do you need labels for 2nd leg, back to back, same ship and cabin?

Opps, realize I'm 3rd with the question and thread is over a yr old

Edited by SeaUs

Nothing special but I liked the idea of having luggage tags posted to me if I was in a suite. Saved me printing them and having to have a staple around. they are also a little more secure than paper ones.

Recently, we found that in UK they stopped mailing out luggage tag even to suite guests. Probably only a matter of time before they do that elsewhere.

I haven't yet bought the plastic holders but that is probably my next step.

People say you can get them at the port. That is true but if you want things to be simple as possible then printing and attaching luggage labels is the best option. That way porters take your luggage as you get off the taxi and there is no hanging around.

For those who may not have seen both kinds...

The self-printed luggage tags look like this (printed and folded up):

normal_P1000843.JPG

The mailed luggage tags look like this (with two of us in the cabin, 8 tags are provided, 4 tags with each guest's name printed on them):

normal_Luggage-Tags.jpg