A selection of wines offered during meals

helpthejuggler

Or first Oceania cruise booked. The brochure says that there is a selection of wines offered during meals include in the fare.

I was checking the website and can't find this information anywhere. In fact all information seems pretty thin on their site. Where do they hide the FAQ?

I assume there to be a house wine choice. Can anyone elaborate?

Can you quote the exact language you are reading in the brochure about wines being included in the fare?

Oceania does not include alcoholic beverages in the cruise fare, but they do have beverage packages that can be purchased at an additional amount. Possibly your booking included a beverage package as a free benefit from your TA or from O as a booking perk?

If the UK site has Guest services at the top of the page that is the FAQ's

It used to say FAQ which made life simpler

Not sure if this link will work for you or not

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

If not try under explore the ship then Beverage packages on the website

I agree you probably have the beverage package as a perk ...something us North Americans have to pay extra for

Edited by LHT28

The brochure I have, although it does not feature the cruise we are taking is

Oceania Collection winter cruises 2014 -2015

On page 36 in the General Important Information section.

The wording is as follows

1. The rates of our cruises are per person and include the following:

3rd bullet point says

Mineral water, tea, filter coffee, a selection of white, red and rose wines offered during meals, afternoon tea

I am not aware that we have any type of included beverage package as part of our booking.

I agree you probably have the beverage package as a perk ...something us North Americans have to pay extra for

Thanks I found the FAQ. I am not sure if we have this as a perk. I would be surprised if we do as the TA did not mention this.

It will not make or break our cruise either way.

The brochure I have, although it does not feature the cruise we are taking is

Oceania Collection winter cruises 2014 -2015

On page 36 in the General Important Information section.

The wording is as follows

1. The rates of our cruises are per person and include the following:

3rd bullet point says

Mineral water, tea, filter coffee, a selection of white, red and rose wines offered during meals, afternoon tea

I am not aware that we have any type of included beverage package as part of our booking.

This must be for the UK market as it is not listed in the North American brochures

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry, I didn't get my questions typed in response to the above post! I'll try again here.

The House Select Package states

" . . . this package offers a wide selection of beer, champagne, and wine by the glass during meals in any dining venue including room service".

1. Would the reference to "dining venues" include Waves and the Terrace Cafe? For instance, if I'm having a hamburger at 2:30 in Waves with my late lunch following a tour, may I order a glass of champagne?

2. Since room service is included (*during normal bar hours, per the asterisk), may I order a glass of champagne with my late room service lunch at 3:00pm?

3. How does either beverage package work when ordering beverages thru room service? Does one give their Card Number when ordering? Or present the card when the order arrives?

You answered the question for yourself, that Beverage Package applies "in ANY dining venue". Regardless of time, if you are having a meal, then the Package kicks in.

Your Cruise Card, known as a World Card on Oceania, will be specially embossed to indicate that you are on the Beverage Package.

The fact that you are on the Plan, should be mentioned when you are making your order, while the actual Card must be presented at the time of service.

StanandJim,

Thanks so much for the good information. Good news all around!

May I ask a few more questions! I'm now considering the Prestige Package.

1. If I wait until I'm on board to sign up for the package, do I pay for only the remaining days of the package? Am I correct in assuming that the package will only be offered on board during the first couple of days?

I understand that not all spirits and wines are offered in all bars/dining venues. So thought I might wait til I can check things out for myself!

2. My DH drinks Absolute vodka tonics, so the package is not worth it to him, even if he has 5 a day! However, i like the more expensive stuff! Are both passengers in a cabin required to have the package if one has it?

3. Is there a maximum cost per drink/wine that is included in the Prestige package? I am using a bar list from "thepriesmans" from late April, 2014 that shows the two champagnes offered at $15.50 each.

Thanks again!

Linda

1. If I wait until I'm on board to sign up for the package, do I pay for only the remaining days of the package? Am I correct in assuming that the package will only be offered on board during the first couple of days? YES

I understand that not all spirits and wines are offered in all bars/dining venues. So thought I might wait til I can check things out for myself!

Most on the list can be found in most bars if not they will get it for you ..just ask

2. My DH drinks Absolute vodka tonics, so the package is not worth it to him, even if he has 5 a day! However, i like the more expensive stuff! Are both passengers in a cabin required to have the package if one has it? NO

3. Is there a maximum cost per drink/wine that is included in the Prestige package? I am using a bar list from "thepriesmans" from late April, 2014 that shows the two champagnes offered at $15.50 each.

Thanks again!

Linda

Not Jim

See answers in red

There is no maximum price per drink, unlimited number of drinks

You can see the list on the website for those included in the packages

Only some top brands are not included

Edited by LHT28

StanandJim, LHT28, and NC&KY,

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I'm sure you've answered these questions numerous times on CC; but as a newbie to CC, I don't yet know how to use the search function. So I appreciate your patience in responding once again! I had, shall we say, an "unpleasant surprise" with another cruise line's bev package, so am especially delighted to learn all the good news with Oceania's.

NC&KY, have just realized we are on the Nov 4th Marina transatlantic with you. Look forward to meeting you!

Thanks again,

Linda

I think 5 Absolute vodka/tonics would be about $50 according to this drink menu...... http://www.thepreismans.com/bermuda_regatta_menus.htm

I believe that you are far underestimating the tip, Jack.

As far as I can see, An Absolute and Tonic would cost $9.50, plus the 18% autotip (or about $1.71), which brings the grand total to $11.21.

With five of them costing 56.05, and the (virtually unlimited) Prestige Package coming in at $59.95, I'd opt for the package...:D

Edited by StanandJim

I agree StanandJim, buying the package is the way to go.

I will say that after being on a slew of all-inclusive cruises, and coming to Oceania just last year, we bought the drink package. It plays mind games with your head....am I getting my moneys worth. On the all inclusive cruises you don't think about what, or how much to drink or not.

Over the holidays we will be on a 24 day cruise, and I know that after the third or fourth day I will more in likely buy the package.

I am disappointed that you still have to show your card with the package, but I understand.

I know that after the third or fourth day I will more in likely buy the package.

Be careful, because at a certain point into each cruise (the number of days varies), buying into the Package is no longer an option.

Buying the Package is supposed to be an "all or nothing at all" proposition. The staff has some leeway, but please don't assume that you may buy in at ANY point during the voyage.