No more Lido restaurant on Statendam and Ryndam once under P&O Australia

InTheWASide

Which is really what it is right now. I think each area will look more branded as opposed to one massive buffet but here's the Asian area, the Italian area, etc. they'll all look different. But the look of the "lido" is gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Forums

The picture rendering of the new Lido dining area conforms to the deck plans of Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden of that same space. Not physically much different from what is there now, but with different decor and how the serving lines of the "old" buffet area will be like.

From its description in the Seatrade article, along with the other additions, I like it.

I will be interested in what our friends from Down Under think.

The new deck plans show the Italian and the Asian Restaurants mentioned being in the area of what is now the upper level dining room. Apparently, the plan is to separate the two levels into the Main Dining Room on the lower level and create these two new restaurants on the upper level.

I fear for this concept for those on the lower level. I find the noise levels currently on that level not really very good. Sealing the two levels off: without better noise dampening materials, UGH!

I wish HAL would do this with the lido on it's not-sold ships!

Check out the other post I just made. I discovered well after not being able to edit that there was a video on their homepage.

I don't know if neglected would be the right word, but you can tell how much potential HAL missed out on with these ships if they wanted to modernize their existing fleet.

Clearly the ROI is there as P&O Australia is finding a way to tap into it, and while the S Class ships have never really been "my thing" what I see in the video is simply gorgeous

Wonder who is responsible for these new designs?

Same architect/designers working on Pinnacle ship? We can hope. :)

Nothing really strikes me as Tihany. Nor Storbraaten.

None of their press releases give designers nor do they mention the cost per ship.

If it looks like the renderings though, good on them because they look brand new!

Nothing really strikes me as Tihany. Nor Storbraaten.

None of their press releases give designers nor do they mention the cost per ship.

If it looks like the renderings though, good on them because they look brand new!

After the renovations are done, HAL may ask to get the ships back. :)

The picture rendering of the new Lido dining area conforms to the deck plans of Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden of that same space. Not physically much different from what is there now, but with different decor and how the serving lines of the "old" buffet area will be like.

From its description in the Seatrade article, along with the other additions, I like it.

I will be interested in what our friends from Down Under think.

Melbourne to Become Key Port for P&O Cruises’ Five-Ship Fleet

Melbourne is set to attract a much greater share of Australia’s rapidly growing cruise industry, with P&O Cruises today announcing plans for its largest ever Victorian cruise program.

With 15 roundtrip cruises planned from the city, the record season is expected to inject close to $15 million into the local economy.

Unveiling its plans, P&O Cruises said its superliner Pacific Jewel would be based in Melbourne from December 2015 to February 2016, with one of the cruise line’s two latest ships – Pacific Eden – sailing from the city from February to March 2016.

The four-month Melbourne season will feature P&O Cruises’ first sailings from the city to the Pacific Islands, along with the introduction of more short-break cruises. In a yuletide special, P&O Cruises will also offer its first ever Christmas and New Year cruises from Melbourne.

The Victorian deployment is a highlight of P&O Cruises’ new 2015-16 program which features 250 cruises from eight different homeports across its expanded five-ship fleet, following next year’s addition of Pacific Eden and Pacific Aria.

“Adding two more ships to the P&O Cruises’ fleet has opened the way for us to offer Victorians a fantastic range of cruises which we think will be real winners, particularly with family groups and young couples,” said Ann Sherry, CEO of P&O Cruises.

“Holidaymakers will now be able to choose from longer cruises like our Christmas escape to the South Pacific through to shorter getaways to beautiful Australian destinations like Kangaroo Island,” Ms Sherry said. “It’s a great schedule which we think will appeal to adventure-seekers and explorers.”

Key features of the Melbourne season include:

· a 12-night Melanesian Discovery cruise over Christmas

· a 10-night night New Year cruise visiting Burnie, Robe, Port Lincoln, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island and Portland

· a 15-night cruise visiting Norfolk Island as well as popular Vanuatu and New Caledonia ports

· three new four-night P&OSeaBreaks visiting Kangaroo Island

· a four-night cruise to Sydney for Australia Day 2016

· four themed P&OSeaBreaks.

Should be great to see them here as we live nearby

Bellair

Thanks for the link.

I guess this is the type of cruise ships that the Australians like.

It is not for us.

WE do not like the larger ships or the party ships.

Give me the S class ships each time!!

Sailing Ryndam 29 nts on the 18th of October

Sailing on the Statendam 21 September 2015

Bellair

Edited by Bellair
added

Thanks for the link.

I guess this is the type of cruise ships that the Australians like.

It is not for us.

Buffets are not particularly popular in Australia so maybe that is a factor. In NSW they went out of favour when the food regulations were tightened about fifteen years ago and restaurants found them more expensive. Most of our friends do not like mixing flavours too much. Nor the queueing involved.They are still the norm for breakfast in hotels and we used to like them occasionally if we had to eat with little children.

The picture seems to show the type of arrangement that is being put into the newest upmarket malls.