Did anyone see the new announcement?

nonrev1

New Americas sales VP for Azamara

Ellen Bettridge has been appointed Azamara vice president of sales and marketing for the Americas region.

Bettridge brings 24 years' experience in travel management, cruise and hospitality to the role and will oversee all sales and marketing initiatives in South, Central and North America.

Until January 2014 Bettridge was president, Americas at Silversea Cruise Ltd and previously spent 20 years at American Express.

Beginning as a travel agent, she worked her way through the ranks to become vice president of retail travel business at Amex.

"I am thrilled to join the dynamic Azamara team and look forward to being a part of the company's exciting future, and throughout my career I've had the wonderful opportunity to cultivate relationships with key trade partners and I'm confident they will prove to be a great asset for the brand," she said.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hmmmm. She was highly unpopular when at Silversea .....with both crew and guests. I know this personally.

However, new shoes etc..... Let's hope she is great at Azamara, but as she is Sales VP for the US then she may not have much impact on the UK market. Wishing her well in her new role though.

New Americas sales VP for Azamara

Ellen Bettridge has been appointed Azamara vice president of sales and marketing for the Americas region.

Bettridge brings 24 years' experience in travel management, cruise and hospitality to the role and will oversee all sales and marketing initiatives in South, Central and North America.

Until January 2014 Bettridge was president, Americas at Silversea Cruise Ltd and previously spent 20 years at American Express.

Beginning as a travel agent, she worked her way through the ranks to become vice president of retail travel business at Amex.

"I am thrilled to join the dynamic Azamara team and look forward to being a part of the company's exciting future, and throughout my career I've had the wonderful opportunity to cultivate relationships with key trade partners and I'm confident they will prove to be a great asset for the brand," she said.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I wish the best for her and hope she is a big plus for Azamara.

I know we are thrilled to have her join the ACC team. She will strengthen our Sales & Marketing efforts.

I hope you will all reserve judgment.

I wish Ellen the best. From what I've read about her, she's all about helping travel agents. I wouldn't have thought that a priority--I mean, isn't is supposed to be about us, the buyers of cruises--but after being on the phone with my agent for almost half an hour as she tried to navigate through Azamara's reservation system to do two bookings for me--my opinion has changed. I welcome someone who knows that if you help the agent, you help the client. Good luck to Ellen! Azamara needs her.

From the perspective of an agent AND a cruiser on Azamara:

This is a great move and will do nothing but help the issues that consumers and agents are having with Azamara. She listens - and that's the bottom line......

Jack