Flowers

jjmsmom

Simple answer.

No.

Reason: is it is not cleared from the USDA.

Bugs , viral, eggs may be in plant material.

Bring a painting /print of flowers to brighten your and everyones

day.:cool:

Is it ok to bring fresh cut flowers on board for your room?

While in a U.S. port, you can. In fact, on our last cruise from Seattle we went to the market and got a wonderful bunch of flowers and took them onboard.

Doing that in a foreign port is another story.

What about a vase? Did they provided one?

Or brought along one a cheap $3 IKEA vase? Those NCL flower arrangements are quite expensive so I like your idea! :)

I have brought in flowers for my room on each of my cruises (all USA ports) and had no problem. I just ask the steward for a vase and get one fairly quickly. The only time I had a problem was with a Carnival steward who did as little as possible. When he did not bring a vase by dinner time, I asked the waiter at dinner for a water pitcher!

Edited by pizzalady1

While in a U.S. port, you can. In fact, on our last cruise from Seattle we went to the market and got a wonderful bunch of flowers and took them onboard.

Doing that in a foreign port is another story.

Thanks for the info... I noticed a few people bringing on flowers in Seattle that appeared to be purchased from the local flower market for under $20. A much better deal than the $54 Tropical Delight arrangement waiting in our cabin.

Thanks for the info... I noticed a few people bringing on flowers in Seattle that appeared to be purchased from the local flower market for under $20. A much better deal than the $54 Tropical Delight arrangement waiting in our cabin.

Every time we cruise out of Seattle we see several people bringing flowers on board from the Pike Place Market. We have done it, and asked for a vase, or used the champagne bucket until we could get a vase.

I would think a cheap vase from IKEA or someplace similar would be a decent idea too, and then leave it behind. Then they'll have one to let someone else use the next time.

After buying for less than $10 at Pikes Place, we wrapped based in paper towel, and lots of water - they did it for us.

Once we got to the room, we put them in a water glass, and propped it up to avoid tipping over. Steward brought something better later.

Easy stuff.

Is it ok to bring fresh cut flowers on board for your room?

When we cruised in Hawaii we bought some exotic bouquets and took them on board for the whole cruise then they were still looking great so we gave them to the lady taking care of our stateroom. Of course Hawaii is in US so it wasn't a problem.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You are so right. I bought a beautiful bouquet and placed it in my cheapo vase ($1 store or buy one in Target a few blocks from the market). The flowers bloomed beautifully throughout the cruise.

I got a bunch of these on clearance from my local Office Depot for about 30 cents a piece. They are a plastic vase that is made of plastic, when filled with water they are pretty stable and will hold a nice bouquet. Great for taking flower to hospital and you can toss it when done.

Since they almost nothing and are flat they would be a good thing to pack for those who purchase at the Pike Flower Mkt. :D

140730_connie.jpg

vpahiew8p6tomdvzo4yabamhci-vkccohisuzvxwvh8_2.jpeg

I got a bunch of these on clearance from my local Office Depot for about 30 cents a piece. They are a plastic vase that is made of plastic, when filled with water they are pretty stable and will hold a nice bouquet. Great for taking flower to hospital and you can toss it when done.

Since they almost nothing and are flat they would be a good thing to pack for those who purchase at the Pike Flower Mkt. :D

140730_connie.jpg

vpahiew8p6tomdvzo4yabamhci-vkccohisuzvxwvh8_2.jpeg

We have never had a problem getting a nice glass vase from the room steward or butler within about an hour of boarding for our fresh flowers. No need to worry about or bring a vase.

Actually, you can bring them ON the ship, but you cannot take them off again.

We didn't bring flowers on, but we did bring the roses off the ship that came with the Honeymoon package in Hawaii. Didn't try to hide them (not that you could have anyway) and nobody said a thing to us about them. Might be a fluke, might be something special about Hawaii. No idea....

I can't believe I never thought to take on Flowers! I love having flowers in the room. I guess I just have too many things on my "to bring" list that I had not thought about it. Of course, with the suites you get a flower arrangement and I enjoyed it very much on our last cruise. :)

There are only certain types of plants that are not allowed to be brought into the continental US and apparently I picked one of them up from the palm tree and tried to bring it back with me. I also had my lei that we got married with but when going through the xray they spotted the flower or plant that I had picked up and made me give it up :eek: and it had already started to go bad but everything else was ok. I think it might have been a coconut seed that I picked up on the beach.

We didn't bring flowers on, but we did bring the roses off the ship that came with the Honeymoon package in Hawaii. Didn't try to hide them (not that you could have anyway) and nobody said a thing to us about them. Might be a fluke, might be something special about Hawaii. No idea....

We have always bring arrangements for our cruises leaving from US ports. On the last cruise we brought on hyacinths which made the cabin smell fantastic. We had the florist but the arrangements in a long box and just carried it on. The arrangements were in great shape on the last day so we gave one to the cabin steward and one to the concierge as an additional thank you.