FYI….You can't see ALL available cabins….

chill6x6

Well I KNEW this about Royal Caribbean/Celebrity….but I didn't know it about NCL…. Had been going BACK and FORTH on what cabin to get.. I WANTED a deck 10 SF aboard the Dawn for 11/15/15. NCL website showing only deck 8 & 9 available. So I CALLED to book an SE instead….and just happened to ASK about a deck 10 SF….well one WAS available, 10226! So I JUMPED on it! Sooo…before you think all is lost…give 'em a call. EXACTLY what you are looking for MAY in fact be AVAILABLE!

I have noticed this as well! I really think that the only way to know everything that is available is by calling NCL. Different large TA type sites, NCL's own site, among others can all show different cabin availability. My guess is (especially a long way out from a cruise) is that they don't show everything that could be available online as it might make people think that bookings are very slow. Showing fewer might tend to make people book sooner than they might otherwise....but it's just my theory! :)

Is it because the site maxes out at showing 15 per category I wonder?

No, because there are only 12 SFs on the ship. :D

More likely reason would be a mock booking that has already been released in their back office system but hasn't updated on the site yet. Also it is possible for some cabins to stay hidden for various other reasons.

I think the website does that purposely. It's NCL's way of pushing the less desirable cabins in a category, and hoping people will accept that's it for availability and just book it. (The Carnival website is bad for doing that too).

My PCC at NCL always tells me to call/email him to check if a specific cabin/area is available.

Check out some of the Epic sailings for cabins in the Haven. A lot of times the system will only show you available cabins on deck 17. That's all that showed for me when I was looking for a 2br family suite on 16. I told him I really wanted on 16, and he responded "Yeah, there are plenty available. Which one do you want?".

Edited by rajones007

Just saw two AFT cabins not booked and right now would be around the same price I paid for my balcony cabin and more 0n-board credit~~so called my cruise company who I booked with and she called NCL and they said they are not seeing the cabins~~funny, how my travel agent and I are seeing them and not NCL? What is going on~~I know~~they are waiting last minute to book them instead of me who has a booked balcony cabin and $250.00 on-board credit! Always wanted to book an AFT! My cruise is October 27th for 11 days! So mad at NCL!

My sister is a customer care rep for Celebrity and use to be on the RCCL side. Various booking agencies and TA's have bookings held, so the companies hold that percentage of cabins off their site. This means that certain cabins may be available but not shown because they are being "held" for agents, however the cruise companies can still sell those cabins if you call direct (they will just move a different cabin into the allotment). About 30 days before the cruise most the held cabins are usually released back to the cruise company and are available on the site.

My PCC told me the same thing ^. But, it seems like the chance occurred when they went to the new website, it makes it very difficult to see other available cabins. I wanted a 2nd cabin with the kids next door to us obviously and next door wasn't showing up online even when I searched for that particular cabin. My PCC had to tell me it was available. In fact, everything about the new website seems to be a bit fuzzy compared to the other one. It might "look" better but the functionality is still lacking in my opinion.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

We were told by our PCC that a certain percentage of cabins were held back for Latitudes members and others calling NCL directly. I'm sure there are all kinds of blocks of rooms held for different groups.

The other interesting thing is that the number of cabins for a certain category will go up and down depending on the day I do a mock booking. Always interesting to watch.

My PCC told me the same thing ^. But, it seems like the chance occurred when they went to the new website, it makes it very difficult to see other available cabins. I wanted a 2nd cabin with the kids next door to us obviously and next door wasn't showing up online even when I searched for that particular cabin. My PCC had to tell me it was available. In fact, everything about the new website seems to be a bit fuzzy compared to the other one. It might "look" better but the functionality is still lacking in my opinion.

I always ask for specific cabin numbers as I have learned you have to call in to hold certain room numbers that would not show up online, even when entering the cabin number though no big deal as I would have to call CAS for the booking anyway but it would be nice to do everything online and then call in the "held" reservation number as it makes it easier on the CAS people as all the info is already entered for them.

When I was booking my Escape TA back in June, no matter what balcony category I browsed, the website was only showing starboard cabins and absolutely no port side cabins. We called and our PCC told us there were at that time about an even amount of both still available.

For my upcoming sailing, I am tracking price drops like crazy as I don't want to pay to upgrade and then find a reduction a day or to later.

However, I saved the list that was showing and found for example it seems 1 BA went in the last 24 hours, 5 BB's went, and the bottom of their list is now updated.

I assume they somehow "rank" the cabins so to speak?