transportation after cruise

blackberry1

Are you sure there will be plenty of taxis? I remember long lines of waiting passengers at the Miami port.

There may be long lines, but they move them through really quickly. Remember, if you are off the ship by 9-9:30, the driver may be able to make three or four runs each way between POM-MIA, then MIA-POM, then POM-MIA continuing up to about 3:30-4:30. Each at $24 plus tip! They live for these fares. .

You've chosen a fairly tight transit time. It's doable but self disembarkation is your only choice.

There are quite a few threads dealing with self disembarkation - and there will be quite a few more before your cruise but I do encourage you to do two things.....monitor your flight from time to time for changes in scheduling and be aware that MIA is a sprawling airport with slow lines through check in and TSA AND always pay heed to any change in Homeland Security alert status.

Taxis are available and it is a flat rate of $24.00 per taxi plus tip.

I would not have selected 11:15 AM should there be delays with customs/immigration or arrival plus security lines at airport can be long.

If it was me I would have chosen noon.

If you cannot change the flight then do self assist to be off the ship early.

Need a taxi after cruise from POM to MIA in May 2015 do I need to prearrange for one or will they be at the Port waiting for passengers to disembark, family of four.

You can per book with Speedy shuttle for when you disembark.