Smoking on Balcony

cruiser2053

Ok I don't want to start a debate on whether smoking on Balconies should or should not be allowed. I'm just wondering if anybody can tell what lines if any still allow you to smoke on your Balcony?

Thanks in advance for any info

Ok I don't want to start a debate on whether smoking on Balconies should or should not be allowed. I'm just wondering if anybody can tell what lines if any still allow you to smoke on your Balcony?

Thanks in advance for any info

Not sure, just know it's not many (HAL may be one of them).

We just got off of NCL Breakaway and there was a lot of smoking on the balconies that is permissible by NCL.

It is right now, but this will be changing Nov 1, 2014. After Nov 1st no more smoking on balconies will be permitted on NCL.

Thanks for all the replies. We always book aft balconies so our daily cigar smoke doesn't bother anybody and if a neighbor is out we always ask if it bothers them if we smoke. Nobody has ever said it bothered them. I am surprised the cruise lines don't set aside some cabins let just say the aft 3rd starboard side balconies for smokers. that would sure seem to me to be a way to keep all the smokers in one area and keep everybody happy. Anyway just my 10 cents worth

Happy cruising

Thanks for all the replies. We always book aft balconies so our daily cigar smoke doesn't bother anybody and if a neighbor is out we always ask if it bothers them if we smoke. Nobody has ever said it bothered them. I am surprised the cruise lines don't set aside some cabins let just say the aft 3rd starboard side balconies for smokers. that would sure seem to me to be a way to keep all the smokers in one area and keep everybody happy. Anyway just my 10 cents worth

Happy cruising

It would be difficult to manage. Yu get people unaware of the smoking rule and booking a smoking cabin. Then they are complaining about all the smoke.

Happy cruising

Now you've asked for the debate;). I have read a lot of threads regarding smoking (former smoker myself) and I have come to one undeniable conclusion- there is no way to keep everyone happy.

Happy cruising

RCI Voyager and Freedom class ships have the Connoisseur Lounge that is an indoor dedicated cigar lounge.

No other indoor venue allows cigar smoking on any RCI ship and it is only permitted on the one side outdoors on the pool and promenade decks with cigarettes.

Edited by leaveitallbehind