Complete list of Oasis of the Seas Drydock Changes

ahecht

So the room is bigger but the balconies get smaller. The one on the 11th floor is available for my sailing. I can't tell whether it will be better two switch from 9th floor midship. I want privacy and don't want a lot of noise. I am thinking about the diving shows. It will be four of us, so the extra space will be helpful. Any opinions?

No, all three decks of the new GS' are larger including the highest suites on deck 14. It's just because of the setbacks, deck 11s suites and balconies are larger than deck 12s as is deck 12s suites and balconies larger than deck 14s, but..... they all are considerably larger then a regular GS. I would try it. Consider midships, more traffic, elevators, inside noise. Aft, end of corridor, (a walk), but should be less traffic. Quieter. Can't say what noise the outside shows would bring, but IMO couldn't be noiser than an inside Boardwalk balcony.

Edited by buckeye rob

So the room is bigger but the balconies get smaller. The one on the 11th floor is available for my sailing. I can't tell whether it will be better two switch from 9th floor midship. I want privacy and don't want a lot of noise. I am thinking about the diving shows. It will be four of us, so the extra space will be helpful. Any opinions?

I think you should grab it immediately...I don't think those cabins are going to last long when word gets out. You're still a year+ out. If you see pictures and don't like the new cabin, you still have time to move back, but once these new cabins are gone they're probably gone for good.

Edited by Cindy

I think you should grab it immediately...I don't think those cabins are going to last long when word gets out. You're still a year+ out. If you see pictures and don't like the new cabin, you still have time to move back, but once these new cabins are gone they're probably gone for good.

Good point! I grabbed it. I am not familiar with the way the back of the ship looks. Will the decks above me be looking down on our balcony? I am wary of the fish bowl. :)

It was my understanding that Cupcake Cupboard was moved to the boardwalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It did, in a way...what used to just be an ice cream shop on the Boardwalk, is now "Cups & Scoops", which the RCL website describes as:

Cups & Scoops

Delicious sweet treats onboard. Try for one of our signature cupcakes baked fresh daily or enjoy a scoop of Ben & Jerry?s ice cream with your choice of toppings.

:)

Good point! I grabbed it. I am not familiar with the way the back of the ship looks. Will the decks above me be looking down on our balcony? I am wary of the fish bowl. :)

Part, but not all of it will be exposed to those above you. The outermost part of the balcony sticks out, but the rest of it is covered. I took a picture of the Allure and put some deck numbers on the balconies. I hope this helps you visualize what yours might look like.

Allure-13-W-L.jpg

Aqua Theater Balconies

Edited by Cindy

Part, but not all of it will be exposed to those above you. The outermost part of the balcony sticks out, but the rest of it is covered. I took a picture of the Allure and put some deck numbers on the balconies. I hope this helps you visualize what yours might look like.

Allure-13-W-L.jpg

Aqua Theater Balconies

Thank you so much for posting this. I think we made the right decision.

From what I read in the descriptions on the website, the Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge on Deck 17 will be for Grand Suite levels and higher + Pinnacle Members. The Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 & 12 will be for Grand Suite and higher as well as Diamond+ and Pinnacle Members.

I thought people were saying, when first allowed to book restaurants on Quantum, that they were told JS and above were allowed to book it and did. Of course nothing was in writing so maybe the telephone reps allowed what they weren't supposed to. Well, of course.

Gina

They took away the Donuts and the Cup cakes? WHY oh WHY?

Nope, both will still be available...the donuts will be in a self-serve area across from the new hot dog stand (like it is on the Allure), and cupcakes will be available in the "Cups & Scoops" shop on the Boardwalk!

:D

I thought people were saying, when first allowed to book restaurants on Quantum, that they were told JS and above were allowed to book it and did. Of course nothing was in writing so maybe the telephone reps allowed what they weren't supposed to. Well, of course.

Gina

Quantum is ok for JS. I think it is a much larger space. Lots of JS on Oasis

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Quantum is ok for JS. I think it is a much larger space. Lots of JS on Oasis

I'm just saying that people who have access on one ship are going to assume they have access on another ship and might not be happy to find out otherwise.

It would be like telling D members they have access to the D lounge on ships with more room but on smaller more crowded ships, they are making it D+ only.

I don't find it an issue, but some may.

Gina

I'm just saying that people who have access on one ship are going to assume they have access on another ship and might not be happy to find out otherwise.

It would be like telling D members they have access to the D lounge on ships with more room but on smaller more crowded ships, they are making it D+ only.

I don't find it an issue, but some may.

Gina

Well, you know what happens when you assume. :D It is clearly marked on Deck plans for now

Will the library still be there, or are they removing that as well?

The library is still on the Deck Plans from

14-Oct-2014 to 27-Oct-2014 deck plans and the 1-Nov-2014 to 30-May-2015 but is missing after 6-June-2015.

Wonderland is supposed to open in March 2015 according to the description, but I'd bet it'd going in the library.

Edited by ahecht

The library is still on the Deck Plans*from*

14-Oct-2014*to*27-Oct-2014 deck plans and the*01-Nov-2014 to 30-May-2015 but is missing after 6-June-2015.

Maybe Wonderland is going in the library and isn't opening until Dynamic Dining begins.

That's right about Wonderland. It's not in yet and won't be until after the first of the year sometime.