Complete list of Oasis of the Seas Drydock Changes

ahecht

Oh why, oh why, oh why, the donut shop. Where am I going to get my chocolate covered donut fix in the morning.

I read that donuts will still be available - I think Cafe Promenade, not sure though.

Was just looking at the deck plans on the website. The new "Cups and Scoops" (on the boardwalk) description says that it will be serving sweet treats, cupcakes, and ice cream, so I guess this will be where the cupcakes from the Cupcake Cupboard will be served, but maybe they will also be serving donuts there?

I thought I counted 42, but I was counting from the list you were so helpful to provide, I might have miscounted.

I think I only missed one in my initial count. Subtract the two suites that were removed from deck 12 and you get 40.

I think I only missed one in my initial count. Subtract the two suites that were removed from deck 12 and you get 40.

I must be doing something wrong. I just went back through your revised list and got 42 again.

REALLY not trying to be argumentative with you though, thanks again for doing that detailed summary!

Question of professional interest. Do you have a count of total berths in these cabins? Just wondering about matching to lifeboat capacity. I know there was some excess previously.

Interesting to note the fact that the lounge on decks 11 and 12 is said to be the Concierge Lounge, and the lounge on deck 17 is the Suite Lounge. Do you think that this will be the case with a separate lounge only for suite guests? Or will it still be used by D+ and PC members as well, and vice versa with suite guests in the Concierge Lounge?

Since it's beside Coastal Kitchen which is a suites only restaurant, it must be for suites only. Although Coastal Kitchen allows JS guests in, too, along with gold card PC members. So maybe there will be more than just full suite access. Or maybe it's a lounge for suite guests only but not free drinks. Who knows? They don't make everything very clear.

Gina

Question of professional interest. Do you have a count of total berths in these cabins? Just wondering about matching to lifeboat capacity. I know there was some excess previously.

Looking up the capacity of the added and removed suites will be left as an exercise for the reader.;)

Does anyone have a photo of the previous private dining areas on deck 4? Given that they have an oceanview I think it may be a step up for the DL from prior and somewhat compensates for loss of VCL access. They sure did find space for more cabins!

I would think Donuts would be served just like on Allure that has the Dog House - in the morning hours across from Dog House is a walled area of donut trays.

Here is what I found out about the new aft GS'. They get progressively smaller the higher up you go. Makes sense due to the setback.

Regular GS' = suite size 371sf balcony 114sf

11330-11730 = suite size 466sf balcony 470sf

12330-12730 = suite size 433sf balcony 362sf

Since it's beside Coastal Kitchen which is a suites only restaurant, it must be for suites only. Although Coastal Kitchen allows JS guests in, too, along with gold card PC members. So maybe there will be more than just full suite access. Or maybe it's a lounge for suite guests only but not free drinks. Who knows? They don't make everything very clear.

Gina

From what I read in the descriptions on the website, the Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge on Deck 17 will be for Grand Suite levels and higher + Pinnacle Members. The Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 & 12 will be for Grand Suite and higher as well as Diamond+ and Pinnacle Members.

Gina

I don't think Coastal Kitchen allows JS guests in too. Of course it could be that this information that RCCL just added to the deck 17 plans of the Oasis of the Seas is incorrect. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Public Areas

Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste.

Suite Lounge

Guests staying in Grand Suite-level rooms and higher enjoy access to this lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks.

glad to see they've expanded the windjammer. Dislike that the DL is not on deck 4. really liked the view of the promenade in the former DL :mad:

I agree! Sailing Oasis again in Jan. Can't wait to see all the changes!

Here is what I found out about the new aft GS'. They get progressively smaller the higher up you go. Makes sense due to the setback.

12330-12730 = suite size 433sf balcony 362sf[/quote

14330-17330 = suite size 421 sf balcony 136sf

So the room is bigger but the balconies get smaller. The one on the 11th floor is available for my sailing. I can't tell whether it will be better two switch from 9th floor midship. I want privacy and don't want a lot of noise. I am thinking about the diving shows. It will be four of us, so the extra space will be helpful. Any opinions?

This makes me even more excited that I snagged 11330 for my September Cruise:)