Complete list of Oasis of the Seas Drydock Changes

ahecht

Deck 5:

• Cupcake Cupboard converted to Kate Spade
  • Guess converted to Regalia -> no, Regalia has been next to Sorrentos already, no Guess store on the Oasis, that area used to be "Focus" but has been converted earlier to Regalia (compared my photos from 2009 and the recent TA, between Sorrentos and the sprial staircase up to deck 6 there used to be "Focus" and on the TA was "Regalia").
  • Focus converted to Michael Kors -> The Willow has been converted to Michael Kors and maybe parts of Regalia, there might be a mistake in the deck plan - I´m not sure whether there was another entrance on the other side of the spiral staircase for The Willow, can´t see that on my photos
  • Opus Dining Room converted to Silk

Deck 6:

• Diamond Club replaced with cabins 6593, 6591, 6589, 6587, and 6585
  • Inside staterooms 6279, 6281, 6679, and 6681 added to former crew areas
  • Boardwalk Donut Shop replaced with Boardwalk Dog House
  • Ice Cream Parlor now called "Cups & Scoops" -> new: serves Ben & Jerry´s ice cream and cupcakes
  • Pets at Seas replaced with Britto
  • Pinwheels replaced with an Arcade -> no, it´s the Smile photo shop, Pinnwheels is part of Candy Beach on the other side as is Star Pier
  • Seafood Shack replaced with Sabor
  • Boardwalk Bar renamed Sabor Bar

Here is a panoramic shot my DH made in 2009 during the pre inaugurals. And here (scroll down) are photos I made on the eastbound TA. You can see that what used to be "Focus" (and has never been implemented on the Allure) has been already converted to Regalia earlier (whenever). So maybe that Regalia is now the Michael Kors.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

I'm just saying that people who have access on one ship are going to assume they have access on another ship and might not be happy to find out otherwise.

It would be like telling D members they have access to the D lounge on ships with more room but on smaller more crowded ships, they are making it D+ only.

I don't find it an issue, but some may.

Gina

I guess, like many things, we won't know for sure until someone is onboard. The website says for Quantum that the Coastal Kitchen is for suite guests only and doesn't specify the level. Leaves room for interpretation.

I guess, like many things, we won't know for sure until someone is onboard. The website says for Quantum that the Coastal Kitchen is for suite guests only and doesn't specify the level. Leaves room for interpretation.

Here's a description of Dynamic Dining on Quantum than mentions Junior Suites:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

Thanks for the link. I was only looking at the description on the deck plans here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=14&shipCode=QN&shipProfile=1595&sailDate=1141102&hasNavigation=false

Do you find the answers to be reliable in this section? I only ask because of reading of quite a few discrepancies between agents and I want to be as correctly informed as possible. I had a bad TA last time and I didn't know any better. :o

Rumor is that it is gone, and the deck plans no longer show it, so that would appear to be the case...they may end up absorbing its space for the Wonderland restaurant.

I'm confused, as I just looked at the deck plans, and it still shows??

;)

I'm confused, as I just looked at the deck plans, and it still shows??

;)

I agree it is a bit confusing! :p

The library does still show on the plans for the date ranges of "14-Oct-2014 to 27-Oct-2014" and "01-Nov-2014 to 30-May-2015", but if you look at the furthest out set of dates (06-Jun-2015 to 30-Apr-2016) the Library is then missing.

One theory, that would account for this change over time, is that Dynamic Dining is not due to launch on Oasis until March 2015 or later, and the new Wonderland restaurant (in the former CL space) is part of the Dynamic Dining concept...so they probably don't need to really free up the library space, to probably fold into Wonderland, until Dynamic Dining starts up.

Clear as mud, right? ;)

New deck plans seem to be missing the Gold Seapass Card Only area and bar forward above the Solarium, Deck 17 me thinks, or did I miss something? (Couldn't possible be an oversight on RCCL's part.)

It´s not on the old deck plans either ;)! It´s above the Solarium on deck 17.

steamboats

The library does still show on the plans for the date ranges of "14-Oct-2014 to 27-Oct-2014" and "01-Nov-2014 to 30-May-2015", but if you look at the furthest out set of dates (06-Jun-2015 to 30-Apr-2016) the Library is then missing.

This might be only a mistake on the Nov 14 deckplans.

steamboats

What I notice in these plans is that the space is still there, but in the last set there is no label for that space. Will it still be a library, consumed by the CL/Wonderland, or repurposed for something else? Don't know.

Has anyone heard whether lunch with beer and wine will still be offered in CL on both Oasis and Allure. Lunch is not mentioned on their web site.

Not totally sure about this, but my recollection is that lunch in the CL was never mentioned on the website.

This might be only a mistake on the Nov 14 deckplans.

steamboats

What I notice in these plans is that the space is still there, but in the last set there is no label for that space. Will it still be a library, consumed by the CL/Wonderland, or repurposed for something else? Don't know.

True, it could also just be a mistake on RCL's part (shocker :rolleyes:) - perhaps someone on the TA after drydock will learn something definitive...otherwise time will tell!

:)

True, it could also just be a mistake on RCL's part (shocker :rolleyes:) - perhaps someone on the TA after drydock will learn something definitive...otherwise time will tell!

:)

Lol...I guess I'll have to go explore on the 14th when I board her!!

Question of professional interest. Do you have a count of total berths in these cabins? Just wondering about matching to lifeboat capacity. I know there was some excess previously.

Maybe they won't be adding to the total capacity. They can just sell less 3rd or 4th passenger berths. With the added rooms they can keep those prices higher. Also, this will increase the amount of passengers during the winter months. That's were the big increase in revenue will be.

So glad we saw this today! We called and moved our midship GS on deck 12 to the Aft on 11, 11730 here we come! This is just about the ONLY thing we wished the Oasis had. Cannot wait for dinner on the balcony while watching the shows!