Video Cruise Review: Solstice - Alaska - September 12-23, 2014

BILL-WI

Now showing on screen number 1, in the YouTube theater...

Rosie and Bill cruise Celebrity Solstice - Alaska! This was the last cruise of the season and was 11 days, from September 12 - 23, 2014.:)

Enjoy and thank you for watching.:)

BILL

Edited by BILL-WI

Fantastic! This is the second video/ review I have watched of yours! I am curious to know how you plan your excursions. Do you use the cruise line excursions or use private tours? I am always afraid we might miss the boat if we use a private excursion :-) would love to get your input! Also, how far in advance do you book your specialty restaurants? Thanks in advance for your help. We are cruising to the Western Caribbean on the silhouette in January!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Bill:D

Thank you for watching...

Wow, that voice will haunt me forever! :)

Well, Halloween is on the way...:)

Thanks for sharing that Bill. My wife & I have been considering this cruise & that youtube clip has pretty much sold it to us.

Phil

Thank you for watching and I am sure you will LOVE Alaska.

Fantastic! This is the second video/ review I have watched of yours! I am curious to know how you plan your excursions. Do you use the cruise line excursions or use private tours? I am always afraid we might miss the boat if we use a private excursion :-) would love to get your input! Also, how far in advance do you book your specialty restaurants? Thanks in advance for your help. We are cruising to the Western Caribbean on the silhouette in January!

Thanks for watching the videos. We use a combination of ship and 3rd party excursions. We have never been close to missing the ship, but we always plan on being back to the ship with at least 90 minutes to spare. We make our decision on what type of tour to use, based on what we want to see and how far we have to go.

It is never too early, or too late, to book your specialty dining; unless of course they sell out, which is very rare. For the Alaska cruise we had the Ultimate Dining Package, so we ate in a specialty restaurant every night. The food is very rich, so we do portion control on most nights! Silhouette has 4 really good specialty restaurants, and 2 others that server breakfast and lunch...I love that ship and will be on her in March. Make sure to check out Bistro on Five and The Porch, for breakfast.

BILL

Thank you for watching...

Well, Halloween is on the way...:)

Thank you for watching and I am sure you will LOVE Alaska.

Thanks for watching the videos. We use a combination of ship and 3rd party excursions. We have never been close to missing the ship, but we always plan on being back to the ship with at least 90 minutes to spare. We make our decision on what type of tour to use, based on what we want to see and how far we have to go.

It is never too early, or too late, to book your specialty dining; unless of course they sell out, which is very rare. For the Alaska cruise we had the Ultimate Dining Package, so we ate in a specialty restaurant every night. The food is very rich, so we do portion control on most nights! Silhouette has 4 really good specialty restaurants, and 2 others that server breakfast and lunch...I love that ship and will be on her in March. Make sure to check out Bistro on Five and The Porch, for breakfast.

BILL

Hi Bill:)...I remember you had the Ulitmate package when we sailed

on Sihlouette last year too. That is one package you cannot book

pre-cruise....did you buy it as soon as you boarded the ship?

Great video! Brought back some memories and inspired me to look at booking another Alaskan cruise to see what we missed the first time. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for watching...Alaska is a magical place!

Hi Bill:)...I remember you had the Ulitmate package when we sailed

on Sihlouette last year too. That is one package you cannot book

pre-cruise....did you buy it as soon as you boarded the ship?

Yep, I went to Murano as soon as we boarded.

Good Job, Bill A+ :)

Hope to cruise with you and Rosie again in the future.

Yes, we hope to cruise with you in the future too!

Great review Bill. Glad you had such a lovely time.

Keith and Anne

Thanks for watching...we had a blast!

BILL

always nice to see one of your videos Bill. Great job, Alaska is my favorite cruise, and I love Tracy's crab shack.

Norma

Thanks for the kind words! We may go back to Alaska again, just to go to Tracy's, yummy!:)

fantastic video!!!

Thank you for watching and the very kind words!:)

BILL

Wow, what a great job!! Hubby and I just finished watching the video and are now even more excited for our Alaska cruise on the Solstice same itinerary as you but next fall!! I noticed you didn't dine at Silk Harvest...was that not included in the dining package or did you just choose to not eat there?

Thanks again for the great video...just loved it!!

Cathy

Now showing on screen number 1, in the YouTube theater...

Rosie and Bill cruise Celebrity Solstice - Alaska! This was the last cruise of the season and was 11 days, from September 12 - 23, 2014.:)

Enjoy and thank you for watching.:)

BILL

Thanks Bill and Rosie. We were on this same cruise and while we recognized Ketut from the martini bar as well as one of the waiters in Murano, don't think we recognized anyone else in the video. All in all, one of the better cruises of all times with such spectacular weather. We were treated by you posting this and allowing us to relive such a wonderful cruise.

PS -- we usually travel up there every Sept since we fell in love with Alaska several years ago. We have always had such great luck and only seen real rain in Alaska a few days out of all the times up there, Juneau being one of those times while on this trip. It is a very special place, indeed!

Wow, what a great job!! Hubby and I just finished watching the video and are now even more excited for our Alaska cruise on the Solstice same itinerary as you but next fall!! I noticed you didn't dine at Silk Harvest...was that not included in the dining package or did you just choose to not eat there?

Thanks again for the great video...just loved it!!

Cathy

Silk Harvest is included in the specialty package, but neither Rosie nor I care for that type of food, so we did not go. From those that did, they loved it!:)

Thanks for watching...

Thanks Bill and Rosie. We were on this same cruise and while we recognized Ketut from the martini bar as well as one of the waiters in Murano, don't think we recognized anyone else in the video. All in all, one of the better cruises of all times with such spectacular weather. We were treated by you posting this and allowing us to relive such a wonderful cruise.

PS -- we usually travel up there every Sept since we fell in love with Alaska several years ago. We have always had such great luck and only seen real rain in Alaska a few days out of all the times up there, Juneau being one of those times while on this trip. It is a very special place, indeed!

This was our third trip to Alaska and the weather was GREAT, but the weather in September of 2010 was even better. Rosie and I are both afraid to go back, because sooner or later, the averages have to even out...:eek:;):D

Thanks for watching...

BILL

• 3 months later...