Tropical storm slamming Bermuda

spacewoman

Just got home from Bermuda . Trees down every place !

Lot's of debris every where . We saw 3 intersections with the signal- lamps ripped out of the ground , boat,s washed ashore and rolled over in the bays .

I did hear that a couple of land/sea containers came of the ship docked in Hamilton and into the water.

The Bermuda regiment was out helping with clean up .

Dawn also had some minor damage , a couple strings of light from the bow over the pool came down and some of the lamp cover on deck 13 were gone . With some wet carpets too .

Edited by biker@sea

I am amazed that the webcam is still running at this time...

27900 without electricity now...about 80% of the Island...

100 mph sustained winds with gusts at 125mph...

Expecting 115mph sustained wind soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by sebas030

Hear the tree frogs on the webcam? In the eye of the hurricane right now the winds have calmed the tree frogs are still singing.

The worst part of the storm will be to come. As the winds shift 180* and come from the west as opposed from the east, it's going to get very very windy again.

I remember Superstorm Sandy on a Saturday, and then the next day the winds seemed so much more powerful. The trees were bending almost horizontally.

Stay strong Bermuda.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

The cam kept going all night, they are one of the 4500 with electricity this morning...

Gonzalo is over and done with Bermuda, it's now about 200 miles from the Island.

Some damage was visible earlier on the webcam. What looked like 2 sunken boat, a few boat out of the water that are resting on their sides, little pink kiosk also flipped over, roof damage on many buildings ( but no roof missing so far ).

Already mopeds, cars and people can be seen around the Dockyard.

Causeway will be under structural inspection soon...lets hope it's alright!

***edit***

BELCO just announced that 35700 out of the 36000 metered homes are without electricity.

Police said not one road is unblocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by sebas030

Dear pathubia,

Have a great cruise. The Islands in Bermuda are to me the best group in the world.

You may be too young to recall the the Group, WHO. Ask my kin in Weymouth, Ma , the Wadman Clan.. ;)

Heading to the Dawn right now for our Magical Mystery cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by AAAAmerican

Dear pathubia,

Have a great cruise. The Islands in Bermuda are to me the best group in the world.

You may be too young to recall the the Group, WHO. Ask my kin in Weymouth, Ma , the Wadman Clan.. ;)

Just how do you manage to turn every sensible post into a nonsensical one with your comments that always fail to make any sense whatsoever.?

Dear pathubia,

I read this three times and I haven't the faintest idea of what you think you're saying.

Dear pathubia,

I thought he was referring to the Magical Mystery cruise as stated by pathubia as a Who thing, but Magical Mystery Tour is a Beatles thing to me. Perhaps it is better to not understand.