Have You Cruised with Anyone Famous?

charlielinda

Way back in Aug 90, on the Crown Odyssey, of the late great Royal Cruise Line, on a trans-Atlantic, June Allison, Esther Williams, and a TV luminary whose name I don't recall were passengers.

June Allison looked just like she did in the 40s and 50s movies - and did give a talk one day about Hollywood. One dolt in the audience asked if she used Depends (at the time she was a spokesperson for the incontinence product).

The years had not been as kind to Esther Williams - she had become very matronly.

Clay Walker was on our March cruise on the Rhapsody. One night he sat in with Derek Lewis in the Schooner Bar. There were probably 30 people who just by chance got to hear him. It was just like a private concert, he did several songs including a new one that was going to be on his next cd. It was definately a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

I don't know how famous he is anymore, but last October, KC (Harry Casey from the sunshine band of the 70s) was on the Century. Sat next to him at slot tournament and bingo. Looks the same..a little older and...well, you know.

Ernie Borgnine was on our last cruise with his wife.

I was told that the passenger who was in my room before our cruise was Patrick Swayze but I didnt see him.

Harry Casey (KC and the Sunshine Band) told me in Hawaii last year he was cruising on the Century last Nov I think.

He goes to Ohau every year and stays at the same hotel in January and at the same spot on the beach so we see him on an annual basis. KC is quit a character I must say.. He has a million stories of people he knows from presidents to movie stars... Interesting man.

IDSSMS

What a timely topic!

I just got back from a wonderful 14 day cruise to the Baltics on the Constellation. Multiple-award winner Rita Moreno was aboard for the entire trip and was VERY approachable. She even took a transfer bus back to London from Dover with the "masses".

We were on the Century a few years back when the Nanny was on the air. Didn't see much of Fran - she stayed pretty much in the Penthouse Suite, but the father of the show was out and about with his little girl...he was very nice.

Di

Samuel L. Jackson and I assume, his wife, were on the Brilliance to Panama on our April cruise this year. I met a couple who were in a suite just down the hall from his. The only times I saw him on board, he was very quiet.

july 2004 Horizon to Bermuda, with Suzanne Pleshette and Tom Poston on board.

we were invited to the captains table for the first formal night (which was the 2nd night of the cruise) and we had a wonderful dinner with Suzanne, Tom, the Captain, and everyone else. the two of them were hillarious! (and she had some great stories about Bob Newhart)

a very sweet couple

we ran into them a few times throughout the remainder of the cruise. they always stopped to say "hi" and to chat with us.

they are a very sweet couple

A friend of ours was CD on one of the old Chandris ships many years ago. June Allyson sailed with them one cruise. It was his job to keep her happy. He said she was a spoiled pain in the you-know-what. I was disappointed to hear that since I have always been a fan of hers. Too bad.

On R$CCL we have seen "just past their prime" entertainers that were still very good.

Also on a cruise last year or so a basketball player was on board. Played for JU when they won the national title. Can't remember his name now. Everyone was very respectful of his privacy. He had at least one small daughter with him.

(They taped a Nanny episode on the Century.)

Wade Boggs was on our Galaxy cruise to the Southern Caribbean. This was our first Celebrity sailing. We rode the bus to the pier from the airport. He and his wife seemed to be fairly "normal". Everyone seemed to give them space and not bug them. Those Championship rings are HUGE! His wife also had a huge rock on her finger.

Everyone is a celebrity on Celebrity!!!

Rob

This past December on the Constellation we met Buck Martinez and his wife atathe aft bar one afternoon. For you non baseball fans Buck was a former big league player, then manager of the Toronto Blue Jays for a couple of years and lately is on ESPN as a baseball analyst/announcer. Great couple, turns out she used to summer at a campground in my old hometown of Southington, CT.

They were both very friendly and gracious and I'd cruise with them anytime.

Archived