Carnival breeze cove balconies

Wyo82718

We had cabin 2441 on the Breeze and there was a lot of noise from the galley, especially in early morning while food preparation was starting. It didn't ruin our cruise, because we loved the Cove balcony, but it did definitely disturb our sleep. I suggest ear plugs and white noise to help buffer the noise. I would book a Cove again, but avoid the galley, if possible.

Oh I did a great deal of research and it was clear far more noise under the galley than under the MDR or Atrium area. It varied in location and time of day and in duration and loundess, but most reviews had some, some had none.

Not really worth the risk.

Book 2334/2361 and forward if possible Forward of the mid ship elevators.

We have been in 2258 and 2262 on the Dream in a cove and in 2262 on the Breeze. Actually, we have another cruise booked on the Breeze in cabin 2258 so as you can see, we really like this location for our cove balconies. We have never heard any noise whatsoever in these cabins. I have heard about the galley noise so we always choose a cabin away from that area.

I leave on the Breeze next Saturday and have a cove balcony. I always do with this ship design. When I look off my balcony at night I want to see blackness and stars, not deck 5 with all those lights. You do have lifeboats above you, but it's not a big deal.

Our 3rd Breeze cruise is coming up in january. All coves. First was in 2437 toward the rear of the ship on starboard. Second was in 2375 mid-ship starboard. 2375 is right across from the laundromat. We heard NOTHING from above us but the people who hung out at the laundromat (whats up with that??) ALL NIGHT LONG drove us crazy. They are supposed to lock them after a certain hour at night but they didn't. Every night about 8 people were drinking and partying at the laundromat. NOT doing laundry. Just standing around and sitting in the hallway. We complained after the second night but to no avail. It went on the whole cruise. We have booked 2293 for our Jan cruise. The lobby is above us so I don't expect much noise. At least the laundromat isn't close.

We love the coves for their closeness to the water. The balcony is fine with us. I can sit in my nightgown while in port and the whole island cant see me due to the lack of full glass wall. You can also put your feet up on the little ledge and sit your drink there too.

Edited by Boozebabe

How can we tell if our cabin is under the galley? I can't seem to find it on the deck plans....Cabin 2326 on Breeze

You'll need to use a reference point, such as the elevators, that would be common to all decks. First, go to deck 2, where the cove balcony cabins are located, and locate cabin 2326 (or whichever cabin you're considering). Then look to see where the cabin is in relation to the elevators. Then go to deck 3, where the dining rooms and galley are located, and estimate where your chosen cabin would be in relation to the same reference point. It may not be 100% accurate, but at least you'll have a pretty good idea if the cabin you've chosen is under a noisy high traffic area or not. In this case, it looks like cabin 2236 is below the Ovation Theater, not the galley.

Book 2334/2361 and forward if possible Forward of the mid ship elevators.

The galley is bacically between the aft elevators and the mid ship elevators on deck 3.

Port side cabins 2338 - 2414 under the galley

Starboard cabins 2365 - 2441 under the galley

• 2 years later...
I had a cove, and it was under the galley, they started pushing carts at 5am. noisy as can be. I'm a very sound sleeper, and it woke me.

What room were u in honest guy? Most reviews I've read all said coves were awesome. My worries are the noise. Anyone know if our room 2366 is under anything that would be noisy? I figure the sounds of the water outside would drown out any noise. Oh well. If we need earplugs we need ear plugs.