Flowrider Wipe Outs!

JOLTnPEST

That funny. I can only imagine what is going through their heads at those moments.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you really want to know, go on a ship that has it and find out for yourself.

Flowrider is a lot of fun. Wiping out either to the side or in the middle going down, is much better that wiping out and the water sends you up to the ledge that you start from -- then the discomfort is crashing into the backwall.....even though it is well padded -- it can hurt a little.

If you really want to know, go on a ship that has it and find out for yourself.

Flowrider is a lot of fun. Wiping out either to the side or in the middle going down, is much better that wiping out and the water sends you up to the ledge that you start from -- then the discomfort is crashing into the backwall.....even though it is well padded -- it can hurt a little.

I really want to. However I live near Clearwater Beach, and there is a surf shop that has one. The only thing holding me back is that RCIs Flowriders seem more anmeteur oriented.

I really want to. However I live near Clearwater Beach, and there is a surf shop that has one. The only thing holding me back is that RCIs Flowriders seem more anmeteur oriented.

Not sure what you mean by 'more amateur oriented'......yes, people try it for their very first time....and wipeout....but it is great fun for them, and those watching. These folks often keep at it and do it better and better, or not. Then there are those that are very very good at it, and it is great fun for them and those watching.

So have you tried it at the surf shop near your home?

Not sure what you mean by 'more amateur oriented'......yes, people try it for their very first time....and wipeout....but it is great fun for them, and those watching. These folks often keep at it and do it better and better, or not. Then there are those that are very very good at it, and it is great fun for them and those watching.

So have you tried it at the surf shop near your home?

No, I've watched. There seems to be more first timers on Royal than at the surf shop... The people there are really professional. I am really self conscious about this type of thing.

One of the things (if not the only thing) that left me with a good impression on my first RCCL cruise, was the people at the Flowrider.

I watched people from 13 to 83 try this. Some were very good, some were not. What impressed me was that EVERYONE received an ovation from fellow riders to audience members after their ride or crash was over. The entire experience was positive for young and old.

One of the things (if not the only thing) that left me with a good impression on my first RCCL cruise, was the people at the Flowrider.

I watched people from 13 to 83 try this. Some were very good, some were not. What impressed me was that EVERYONE received an ovation from fellow riders to audience members after their ride or crash was over. The entire experience was positive for young and old.

Completely agree. Didn't matter if it was Kelly Slater or someone's grandma up there, the spectators were equally enthusiastic.

And don't forget to tie your shorts well. I witnessed a guy on Oasis last November completely lose all that he was wearing after a wipe out. The activities staff rushed to cover him with towels as he stumbled around near the back wall trying to replace his shorts that were wrapped around one ankle at the time. The crowd were erupting in laughter.

I would recommend trying the flow rider. Just do the body board at first as it is very easy and the wipe outs less severe.

Edited by woodyren

No, I've watched. There seems to be more first timers on Royal than at the surf shop... The people there are really professional. I am really self conscious about this type of thing.

Try it some time.....especially on a ship....most likely you will never see the people watching you 'wipe out'. It is great fun and EVERYONE is cheered by the viewing crowd.

Hi,

The Flowrider's on RCI ships are awesome. First time I experienced it, I was hooked! Even found one quite close to where we live which we use for birthday treats, it's a tad expensive for a 1 hour session!

Our 2nd cruise we took the kids, both are huge fans, both are now very good bodyboarders and getting better at stand up.

Everyone around the flowrider gives great encouragement and you make good cruise buddies with those waiting in line!

It's amazing to see newbies go from regular wipeouts to doing alsorts of tricks by the end of the cruise!!

You've got to give it a go... even my wife had a go... eventually!

Rob.

And don't forget to tie your shorts well. I witnessed a guy on Oasis last November completely lose all that he was wearing after a wipe out. The activities staff rushed to cover him with towels as he stumbled around near the back wall trying to replace his shorts that were wrapped around one ankle at the time. The crowd were erupting in laughter.

I would recommend trying the flow rider. Just do the body board at first as it is very easy and the wipe outs less severe.

Here was my experience

http://www.chaseclub.com/robin/cruise/video7.wmv

Edited by stompy

lol, its always funny unless its you falling down. I havent tried Flow Rider since 2012. I have zero balance :rolleyes:

Awesome sharing the pictures, good way to start the work day

I can't walk and chew gum at the same time....but LOVE the Flowrider.

Acutally I wondered on our last cruise why RCI wasn't taping the Flowrider and putting a wipe-out DVD for sale on the last day of the cruise. I usnderstand they would not sell that many but they can be made relatively cheaply.

Acutally I wondered on our last cruise why RCI wasn't taping the Flowrider and putting a wipe-out DVD for sale on the last day of the cruise. I usnderstand they would not sell that many but they can be made relatively cheaply.

That would be neat. They could also add it to the cruise in review.

It could be embarrassing, but not as embarrasing a me missing an easy basketball shot on my Carnival cruise in review.

That funny. I can only imagine what is going through their heads at those moments.

Speaking from experience, I don't do much thinking till I hit the water, then its thinking of feet up as the toes and ankles seem to be the most injured when you get flushed out the back.