It's official Mama Mia coming to Allure

I know I am in a minority but personally I was really disappointed when I read that Mamma Mia was going to Allure in May, I hate ABBA and we sail in September. I would much rather they either stuck with Chicago or changed to We Will Rock You or Cats.

I was also looking forward to Dynamic Dining it sounds more like what we had on NCL Epic last year but I'm sure we can make MTD work for us.

Gail x

Does anyone know if Indy will every get a musical? I would like to see Chicago on her. Also, if it was possible, I would really want Heathers the Musical on there (based on the 80s movie--how very!). It ended its off Broadway run in August, so maybe RCI could buy it.

That would make me very happy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Royal Caribbean have just released this page which still says that Mamma Mia is coming to Allure in 2015 but it doesn't specify when, i.e. May or October

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/oasisoftheseas/entertainment/

Thank you for posting. Am very happy to hear this (we're not going until 2016 it would be playing by then)! Sounds like you'll have it too by your September cruise.

Mamma Mia will be moved to the Allure when she goes for her dry dock April/May.

I'm not so sure about this. For our June sailing, the website is taking bookings for Chicago. I hope it will be Mama Mia, but it doesn't look like it :confused:

I'm not so sure about this. For our June sailing, the website is taking bookings for Chicago. I hope it will be Mama Mia, but it doesn't look like it :confused:

We sail in June, neither is listed on ours. I hope it's Mama Mia!

What new things are going in after dry dock?

Jackamama,

I wonder how you made a reservation for June... I´m on in May and reservations haven´t opened yet.

nomadiccrocodilehunter,

I wouldn´t take any bets on Wonderland coming to Allure. Right now it looks like it won´t come to Oasis. The former Concierge Lounge (decks 11/12) which should have been converted to Wonderland is now officially the new Diamond Club (the newly built on deck 4 is closed, rumors are because it´s not handicapped accessible). RCI has changed the deckplans for the Oasis on their website. No changes in the deckplans of the Allure yet.

steamboats

I wouldn´t take any bets on Wonderland coming to Allure. Right now it looks like it won´t come to Oasis. The former Concierge Lounge (decks 11/12) which should have been converted to Wonderland is now officially the new Diamond Club (the newly built on deck 4 is closed, rumors are because it´s not handicapped accessible). RCI has changed the deckplans for the Oasis on their website. No changes in the deckplans of the Allure yet.

steamboats

Thanks for the info, Steamboats.

I can see some of the entertainment options for our June 4th cruise listed in the Cruise Planner but we are unable to actually book them yet.

Damian

While Mama Mia is a really good show, so was Chicago on board, we are sailing in about one month on the Quantum and Mama Mia is on that ship. We will again be sailing on the Allure in December. Crazy that they would have the same show running on two ships! We saw Chicago twice on the Allure, it was very good, so now we probably will see Mama Mia twice (at least) also.

Since many RC cruisers enjoy cruising on multiple ships, why do they use the same show? So many other B'way shows they could use instead.

Edited by Cruise a holic

While Mama Mia is a really good show, so was Chicago on board, we are sailing in about one month on the Quantum and Mama Mia is on that ship. We will again be sailing on the Allure in December. Crazy that they would have the same show running on two ships! We saw Chicago twice on the Allure, it was very good, so now we probably will see Mama Mia twice (at least) also.

Since many RC cruisers enjoy cruising on multiple ships, why do they use the same show? So many other B'way shows they could use instead.

I'm hoping for Mamma Mia as its more family friendly (and my favorite musical). Are they not changing the show on the Quantum?

Mamma Mia is being removed from Quantum when she repositions to the Asian market.

Thanks for the info, Steamboats.

I can see some of the entertainment options for our June 4th cruise listed in the Cruise Planner but we are unable to actually book them yet.

Damian

Damian,

I´m on the May 24th cruise. I can see entertainment (Headliner, Ocean Aria, Comedy Club, Blue Planet) except for Mamma Mia! but I can´t book anything.

steamboats

Mamma Mia is being removed from Quantum when she repositions to the Asian market.

Too late for me- as we will be sailing in March on the Quantum and see Mama Mia again in December on the Allure. Actually considering that we also saw the show on Broadway, that will be our third time. The music however is very good-so I am sure we will enjoy it!

Jackamama,

I wonder how you made a reservation for June... I´m on in May and reservations haven´t opened yet.

nomadiccrocodilehunter,

steamboats

So where is the Concierge Lounge going to be? What is Wonderland? I was excited we are in a GS really close to where I thought the Concierge Lounge was suppose to be.......I'm so confused :confused:

Jackamama,

steamboats

Sorry, you're right!

I had jumped ahead of myself on that one :o I thought the booking was being accepted, but after freezing for a while, I got a message saying unable to book. Looks like I'll have to wait after all :(

RCCL licensed Chicago for 5 years in 2010 so now that show has to end. They now have licensed Mamma Mia for 5 years from 2014 on and have to pay the fee even if the show is not produced on any of their ships. So, with the re-location of the Quantum to China, to a market that has no interest in seeing Broadway shows, Mamma Mia will be moved to Allure to replace Chicago.

RCCL licensed Chicago for 5 years in 2010 so now that show has to end. They now have licensed Mamma Mia for 5 years from 2014 on and have to pay the fee even if the show is not produced on any of their ships. So, with the re-location of the Quantum to China, to a market that has no interest in seeing Broadway shows, Mamma Mia will be moved to Allure to replace Chicago.

That's awesome...and makes sense that they would change the shows up once in awhile. After all, some cruisers are repeat customers. So happy to hear that Mamma Mia will be coming to Allure after all. It will be my 23rd time seeing it....he he.

So where is the Concierge Lounge going to be? What is Wonderland? I was excited we are in a GS really close to where I thought the Concierge Lounge was suppose to be.......I'm so confused :confused:

Melinda,

On the Oasis they converted the Viking Crown Lounge (deck 17) into a new Suite Lounge including a suite only restaurant called Coastal Kitchen.

Wonderland is a new specialty restaurant introduced on the Quantum. It was announced for the Oasis and should have been located in the former Concierge Lounge on decks 11/12 which is now the new Diamond Club.

steamboats

• 4 weeks later...