It's official Mama Mia coming to Allure

Just got e-mails from RCI saying Chicago was cancelled for our June cruise, so I assume this is the first step in changing it our during dry dock?

Yah...let us know when/if you see Mamma Mia in its place :)

Will do :)

Right now, there's no Broadway-type show listed at all, but I'll be checking every day or two to see when something takes Chicago's place. :)

We had the same email. I booked all my entertainment for our cruise in June and said at the time they will be cancelling the Chicago booking because it was well known that Mamma Mia was replacing it. I'm just hoping they keep the same (or similar) timings for the show otherwise it will mean changing the other bookings around.

Hello,

On the Norwegian RCCL homepage (rccl.no) it is announced that Mamma Mia is coming to Allure from June 14. 2015. Just thought I should share :)

That's great. Thanks for sharing.

(I tried to search the website, but doesn't look like English so couldn't see the reference)

Here is the link to the Norwegian page. Click on "Skipene" (the ships) and you will find Allure presented in Norwegian. The Mamma Mia announcement is quite big lower down on the page.

rccl.no or royalcaribbean.no

MAMMA MIA!

Allure of the Seas® fra 14. juni

- See more at: http://www.royalcaribbean.no/#!/skipene/skip/allure-of-the-seas

Edited by sirisol

Here is the link to the Norwegian page. Click on "Skipene" (the ships) and you will find Allure presented in Norwegian. The Mamma Mia announcement is quite big lower down on the page.

rccl.no or royalcaribbean.no

MAMMA MIA!

Allure of the Seas® fra 14. juni

- See more at: http://www.royalcaribbean.no/#!/skipene/skip/allure-of-the-seas

Cool! Thanks. I see the logo and the date as you say. So glad to see it's official! From your signature, it looks like you'll catch it.

Edited by LuCruise

Not so happy. Was keen to see either show but as we are sailing on the 7th looks like we will get nothing. It was one of the reasons we were cruising on the Allure rather than another itinerary. And no one has sent me an email though I am paid in full. Majorly bummed out. Jennie

That timing sounds odd. It would make sense to start with Mama Mia (or any new show) when they come out of drydock in May. If the June 14th date is correct, I wonder what they'll be doing for a Broadway-style show for the month of May?

I´m on May 24th and obviously we get nothing... except for the Headliners and Blue Planet. And I can only make an online reservation for one headliner although there must be more than just one. So the first thing to do is to go to the Studio B and make reservations for all other shows...:mad:.

steamboats

Thank you for that information. We're on the 14th June sailing so hoping it is true, but have to agree it does seem strange to start it several weeks after the drydock. It's not like they haven't had plenty of time to prepare for it.

If there is a delay it could be due to timing.

It will take them a while to disassemble the sets from the Quantum and then to re assemble them on Allure. Also the cast may need time to do dress rehearsals in order to get used to the new stage/equipment.

Better by Royal to delay the start of the show by a couple of weeks and have the option to start it earlier if they are able to than to tell people that they can book it and then have to delay it.

They aren't doing the auditions until 13th May in New York and 18th May in London so honestly I'm surprised they are planning for it to start as soon as 14th June

http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/auditions?field_audition_shows_nid%5B%5D=276

Personally, I would rather have seen just about anything other than Mamma Mia (I hate ABBA) but it looks like that's what I will get on 20th September sailing :(

SpainAlien, I´m pretty sure that those are auditions for a future cast but not the one starting on the Allure.

On the Oasis they had a Cats preview by the end of the Westbound TA (which was right after the dry dock). The preview actually was the full show but without the full orchestra (piano only). We were told that they do need the dry dock to install the new stage equiment and another two weeks to rehearse the show onboard (which until then has been only rehearsed in their training center in Hollywood).

But for the Allure I don´t quite understand the late "opening". The stage equipment should be installed during the dry dock. And they should have a complete (and trained) cast from the Quantum.

steamboats

SpainAlien, I´m pretty sure that those are auditions for a future cast but not the one starting on the Allure.

On the Oasis they had a Cats preview by the end of the Westbound TA (which was right after the dry dock). The preview actually was the full show but without the full orchestra (piano only). We were told that they do need the dry dock to install the new stage equiment and another two weeks to rehearse the show onboard (which until then has been only rehearsed in their training center in Hollywood).

But for the Allure I don´t quite understand the late "opening". The stage equipment should be installed during the dry dock. And they should have a complete (and trained) cast from the Quantum.

steamboats

I'm on the Allure June 4th. We have no Broadway show or dining listed.

steamboats

The Mamma Mia cast on Quantum will still have to audition if they wish to join the cast on Allure.

Some members of the Quantum cast may not want to go to the Allure.

QUOTE=steamboats;45874606]Melinda,

I can´t book any dining either.

steamboats

Thanks! I'm not going to get too worked up about it. I know we will eat somewhere. Plus we are in a GS. If all else fails we can ask the concierge. Isn't it funny but I hate to ask for anything extra.

steamboats

Makes you wonder since if they are only starting auditions May 13th with callbacks on May 15th, then it wouldn't give much time to perfect the performance once the cast was selected.

The Mamma Mia cast on Quantum will still have to audition if they wish to join the cast on Allure.

Some members of the Quantum cast may not want to go to the Allure.

Yes, of course they have. But on the Oasis the new Cats cast has never been on a ship before performing the show. On the Allure the cast has been on the Quantum before and actually they should be able to perform the show on the Allure within a week or two. And as you know the Cats cast did the soft opening on the Oasis TA.

Makes you wonder since if they are only starting auditions May 13th with callbacks on May 15th, then it wouldn't give much time to perfect the performance once the cast was selected.

Read my post! The auditions are pretty likely not for the Allure cast starting June 14th but for a future cast. A new cast needs much more than 4 weeks to rehearse for a show. Usually they are onboard for at least 14 days until they take over from the old cast.

steamboats

Read my post! The auditions are pretty likely not for the Allure cast starting June 14th but for a future cast. A new cast needs much more than 4 weeks to rehearse for a show. Usually they are onboard for at least 14 days until they take over from the old cast.

steamboats

...Yes sorry, guess my post wasn't clear. I was agreeing with you, meaning that your comment makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Me and my family are booked on the June 7th sail.

I have emailed RCCL regarding this bad news -that Mama Mia show will not be at our sale.And seemed its true I have just received below e-mail from RCCL.

"After consulting with our entertainment department, we have been informed that neither Chicago nor Mamma Mia! is scheduled for the June 7, 2015 sailing of the Allure of the Seas. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide any additional information on the scheduling of these shows. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause".

This is very disappointing that there will no Broadway show in our sail date.

We are big fans of Abba and we are very update.

We have already paid for the flights and the final payment and we can do nothing to change this.

I think that RCCL should compensate the people in our cruise date.

Hello,

Me and my family are booked on the June 7th sail.

I have emailed RCCL regarding this bad news -that Mama Mia show will not be at our sale.And seemed its true I have just received below e-mail from RCCL.

"After consulting with our entertainment department, we have been informed that neither Chicago nor Mamma Mia! is scheduled for the June 7, 2015 sailing of the Allure of the Seas. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide any additional information on the scheduling of these shows. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause".

This is very disappointing that there will no Broadway show in our sail date.

We are big fans of Abba and we are very update.

We have already paid for the flights and the final payment and we can do nothing to change this.

I think that RCCL should compensate the people in our cruise date.

What was the email address you used to contact them? I have totally forgotten what it is?

Thanks

Steven