Semi Formal Attire in Caribbean

johncandt

Does anyone know for certain that P and O have relaxed their dress code for semi formal nights in the winter months for cruises to the Caribbean on Azura, so there would be 4 formal nights and the rest smart casual

Does anyone know for certain that P and O have relaxed their dress code for semi formal nights in the winter months for cruises to the Caribbean on Azura, so there would be 4 formal nights and the rest smart casual

Hi

I am on azura at xmas and it is 4 formal 10 casual

hope this helps

Terry

Yes, Azura is one of the 'less formal' group of P&O ships with only two dress codes, black tie and evening casual. The others are Ventura, Oceana and Britannia.

And personally I think that code of formal/casual should be applied throughout the P&O UK fleet, I mean to say, why differentiate between ships? Formal/casual is the norm for most cruise lines.

Winter Caribbean is showing 4 formal rest casual, last year we only had 3 formal, I think it will be the same this year unless they have a formal on a port day.

Do like this dress code though easy to pack for

And personally I think that code of formal/casual should be applied throughout the P&O UK fleet, I mean to say, why differentiate between ships? Formal/casual is the norm for most cruise lines.

It is an attempt to cater for 'traditional' and more modern tastes. Trying it on the same ship won't work as some passengers loudly complain that their holiday was spoiled by someone not wearing a jacket in the syndicate quizz etc etc:rolleyes:

IMO it might be all about wearing a compulsory 'uniform'. This makes clothes choice easy, you just wear that jacket you have had for 30 years :) Evening casual? - aargh! what shirt? what jacket? matching shoes?

Smart-jacket required is just a 'ticket' for entering certain venues and IMO adds nothing to the ambience of the evening, given the wierd and not so wonderful garments that qualify as a jacket.

Well your last sentence is a good reason for not doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 7 months later...

I have noticed that on our Caribbean cruise in March 2016 we have the usual 4 formal nights and the rest casual dress, i am i little worried about the 60/70 night , its ok for me as i am just seventy but my wife is still in her fifties will she still be able to attend ?????

I have noticed that on our Caribbean cruise in March 2016 we have the usual 4 formal nights and the rest casual dress, i am i little worried about the 60/70 night , its ok for me as i am just seventy but my wife is still in her fifties will she still be able to attend ?????

nice one ;)

Of course she will :D

It is not about age it is about 60/70's fashions.

No need to dress up anyway, hardly anyone does and it is often just the entertainement team. just wear evening casual as normal :)

Sorry no your wife will not be able to attend as she will not be in the correct age group. Of course you will have to bring with you photo identification and a letter from both your parents explaining that you have been very good and you are allowed to attend.

Hi John

Is Trish aware you have told the world her age 😀

We just had four formals one of which was a port day, Caribbean night

Yes get out that bright shirt, 70s evening too all good fun.

Love Sue x

Sorry no your wife will not be able to attend as she will not be in the correct age group. Of course you will have to bring with you photo identification and a letter from both your parents explaining that you have been very good and you are allowed to attend.
Hehehehe sorry all i could not resist ! my beloved says they will all think your an idiot well they won't be too surprised if we meet then will they , as for bringing a note from my parents i could turn up with my Grandparents mind you they might appear a little sort of stiffy....roll on March , off on Equinox in 3 weeks

Just tell her its for people born in the 60's :D