Healthcare worker possibly exposed to Ebola, sailing on Carnival ship

caladezi

Sure you can. Just avoid contact with the bodily fluids of people who show symptoms. It is only contagious during this period.

Airline Headrests.

Airline restroom door handles.

Airline armrests.

Airport restrooms.

That's just a few examples of parts of body touch surfaces. Just like Noro touch surfaces.

And how many who contracted Ebola here in the US have died?

The more appropriate question is "What is the percentage of patients treated here who have died?" Not counting the two nurses who are now being treated, the death rate in the US is 33%. I don't know about you, but I don't like those odds.

Edited by notjaded

The more appropriate question is "What is the percentage of patients treated here who have died?" Not counting the two nurses who are now being treated, the death rate in the US is 33%. I don't know about you, but I don't like those odds.

Not exact as the one person to die did not contract it here, but brought it here. As of now we stand at 0%. We have 2 that were treated here that are back among us. But again, did not catch it here.

Edited by wallie5446

Airline Headrests.

Airline restroom door handles.

Airline armrests.

Airport restrooms.

That's just a few examples of parts of body touch surfaces. Just like Noro touch surfaces.

From the epicentre of the outbreak - there are NO documented cases of spread from contact with surfaces the infected person has touched such as door handles etc. All cases have been from person to person transmission.

All you are spreading is hysteria.

Carnival might also suffer a real loss since they will probably need to offer some sort of compensation to their passengers. Wonder if they should consider a filing civil charges for the cost of the event against the passenger. Even a filing might serve to discourage those with things like norovirus from not filling health forms in a truthful way.

The passenger? The woman who was following the direction of the CDC and still shows no signs of Ebola? Perhaps charges should be filed against all the hysterical, irrational people who turned this cruise around. This poor woman. Does no one have any sympathy for her? She did what she was told and now is the scape goat.

Not exact as the one person to die did not contract it here, but brought it here. As of now we stand at 0%. We have 2 that were treated here that are back among us. But again, did not catch it here.

I am uncertain about what your are trying to say. That contracting the locale in which one contracts the disease affects outcome? If that is the case, the first two ebola victims brought here were health care professionals who contracted it in Africa. So, the death rate for all three, who caught it there and were treated here, is 33% This key indicator is the capability of the most advanced health care system in the world to prevent fatalities.

Edited by notjaded
added data

You are right he wasn't treated here. He was mistreated here. Everyone else who has brought it here has been treated.

Everyone else who has tested positive for Ebola because of Duncan is being treated.

For those who have been part of the unknown bracket of contact victims due to the outreach of Duncan caregivers, who knows at this point.

It seems to be plane fulls so far.

From the epicentre of the outbreak - there are NO documented cases of spread from contact with surfaces the infected person has touched such as door handles etc. All cases have been from person to person transmission.

All you are spreading is hysteria.

Fluids can be present on any of the surfaces mentioned. That's a fact. Are you saying fluids once at a certain temperature or exposure to air are no longer a threat?

The passenger? The woman who was following the direction of the CDC and still shows no signs of Ebola? Perhaps charges should be filed against all the hysterical, irrational people who turned this cruise around. This poor woman. Does no one have any sympathy for her? She did what she was told and now is the scape goat.

With you 100% on this. It's as idiotic as the AIDS hysteria of the 80s.

Fluids can be present on any of the surfaces mentioned. That's a fact. Are you saying fluids once at a certain temperature or exposure to air are no longer a threat?

why dont you start by backing up your claims with proof huh?

My statements are easily verifiable.

You are right he wasn't treated here. He was mistreated here. Everyone else who has brought it here has been treated.

Everyone else who has tested positive for Ebola because of Duncan is being treated.

For those who have been part of the unknown bracket of contact victims due to the outreach of Duncan caregivers, who knows at this point.

It seems to be plane fulls so far.

He was given the best care possible from a staff and hospital not set up for this type situation. They have moved the 2 people infected to locations designed with this scenario to happen. Unless you live in one of these places your city could not cope nor treat someone with Ebola either.

why dont you start by backing up your claims with proof huh?

My statements are easily verifiable.

I'm not making claims. I am asking about yours. You claim I am spreading hysteria as well. Please educate all of us about Ebola cases being 'person to person' transmission.

Not fluids waste etc.

Ebola is not a hardy virus. If placed on any of the surfaces you mentioned it would die quite quickly. Yes, there is a chance it could be transmitted in this way but the risk is low.

He was given the best care possible from a staff and hospital not set up for this type situation. They have moved the 2 people infected to locations designed with this scenario to happen. Unless you live in one of these places your city could not cope nor treat someone with Ebola either.

Disagree. He was given fluids. The Ken Brantleys were given experimental drugs. Brantley was to give platelets as an antibody approach at the bitter end.

That's the point. The protocols are careless and not universal. The drugs are varied and limited. The treatment appears to be as well.

I'm not making claims. I am asking about yours. You claim I am spreading hysteria as well. Please educate all of us about Ebola cases being 'person to person' transmission.

Not fluids waste etc.

Ah, so you can ask me to educate everyone, whereas you wont even educate yourself.

There have been NO documented cases of spread from door handles or other surfaces.

Disagree. He was given fluids. The Ken Brantleys were given experimental drugs. Brantley was to give platelets as an antibody approach at the bitter end.

That's the point. The protocols are careless and not universal. The drugs are varied and limited. The treatment appears to be as well.

I will let you keep that outlook. Our DD was born in that hospital, our family Doctors office and practice there. It is not properly equipped to handle Ebola. Check the hospital in your town, it is not ready either.

Ah, so you can ask me to educate everyone, whereas you wont even educate yourself.

There have been NO documented cases of spread from door handles or other surfaces.

Only from an exposed neck area of one healthcare worker. So to the skin is my takeaway. Of transmission. I'm going out there that she was robed and gloved and glassed and hooded. Just the neck was exposed.

She was exposed. Her skin was exposed.

I will let you keep that outlook. Our DD was born in that hospital, our family Doctors office and practice there. It is not properly equipped to handle Ebola. Check the hospital in your town, it is not ready either.

Going right back to the CDC then not being in charge. That's the point.