BBB Creme Brulee

Raxter54

Saw this on the MDR menus, and was wondering what is in it? I'm assuming the BBB means something?

Bailey's and bananas.

I love creme brulee, but RCCL's version is the only one I really would say is BAD. The bananas in it are way too over-powering and the texture is not nice - think mashed bananas instead of a smooth pudding.

Bailey's and bananas.

I love creme brulee, but RCCL's version is the only one I really would say is BAD. The bananas in it are way too over-powering and the texture is not nice - think mashed bananas instead of a smooth pudding.

Not a fan of bananas, so guess I will pass on this. Thanks for the reply. :)

Bailey's and bananas.

Have to second this. I love creme brulee and it's so easy to make - it astonishes me that Royal is able to mess it up so badly. It feels like its thicken with cornstarch or gelatin vs. being a proper egg custard. If I remember correctly (I only ever tried in once), they don't burn the sugar correctly either. It's a failure on all levels and they should be embarrassed to call it a "signature dessert"

For the record, I enjoy nearly all of the rest of Royal's food. I think I could eat the Strawberry Pavlova forever

Edited by CT Sean

Bailey's and bananas.

Agree, We didn't like this banana creme brulee, it was awful. :eek:

I hope that Royal Caribbean read this thread and brings back the original creme brulee.

Have to second this. I love creme brulee and it's so easy to make - it astonishes me that Royal is able to mess it up so badly.

For the record, I enjoy nearly all of the rest of Royal's food. I think I could eat the Strawberry Pavlova forever

Devil's advocate on this would say "It was just plain old Creme Brûlée, no imagination." but I get what you're saying, at least prepare it correctly.

And for the record, when someone says "I enjoy the rest of the food but this one needs work" I'll give that opinion a lot more credence than "all the food in the MDR was inedible."

Bailey's and bananas.

I'm a raging full-on chocoholic but odd thing here is with the "overpowering" bananas I'd be willing to give this a try. It may not be the thing for a creme brûlée fan, but maybe the thing for me!

I had it the first night on Vision in September and I found it quite good. It actually did taste more of Grand Mariner than banana, and had more crust than custard! I did not care for the "biscotti" it was served with though

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bailey's and bananas.

Ditto this.

And may I add that the "crust" should be a thin layer of caramelized/burnt sugar that cracks when struck w/ a spoon. The BB creme brûlée I had on the Explorer was topped w/ a DISGUSTING layer that reminded me of a flap of human skin. I literally grabbed an edge w/ my spoon and folded it in half. UGH UGH :eek:

That may have been a one off, but I'll never know as I'll NEVER order it again.

I have to agree with Spurschick, they had the traditional creme brulee on the Majesty in May and my DH ordered it everynight. It was excellent. We'll be on the Independence for Thanksgiving and hope they have it too.

Last March, We went on the Independence (IOS) and they did not have the original creme brulee, the MDR served the banana version and it was bad. :eek:

Don't worry, IOS is excellent!

Enjoy your cruise! :)

As a huge Creme brûlée fan, I am offended that they would deviate from the original for a "signature" dish. Now, even if you do deviate, who's idea would be banana????

Maybe chocolate or some other neutral flavor but banana? It's so strong and a very polarizing flavor in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums