Denial of Boarding

Griller

[quote name='caribill']Only credit card companies can do that.[/QUOTE]
LOL! That is the truth!
[quote name='PrevailingConditions']We all live in a dangerous world. Everyone of us are going to die of something. Let's try to maintain prospective.[/QUOTE]

Telling the Ebola hysterics to maintain perspective is useless. There seems to be a new "Ebola fear" industry growing, and it will find plenty of takers.

[quote name='satxdiver']So far I have received two emails from Princess. After reading this string, I am feeling deprived! Where are the rest of my emails from Princess?

The lab tech on the Magic had here blood drawn yesterday and flown to the medical center in Galveston (UT Medical School) and it tested negative before the ship landed in Galveston. The really downside of all this is the mass hysteria that it is producing. There will be those who will use the hysteria to make money by distributing lies and half truths as always (remember the year 2000 lies). As for any passport checks in the USA how many of its citizens have traveled to Cuba under the radar and not been caught. The frontier of the three African nations are for the most part unguarded so that it would be easy to slip in and out without any authority knowing.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Dont feel too bad. I haven't received any emails, and I leave in 17 or 18 days. Should I feel slighted?? :rolleyes: [/COLOR]

[quote name='redtogo'][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Dont feel too bad. I haven't received any emails, and I leave in 17 or 18 days. Should I feel slighted?? :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/quote]

I haven't received the email either but did get the message this morning when I looked at my cruise personalizer. (I keep checking for an upgrade but it just doesn't seem to be happening. :rolleyes:)

...The health disclosure form, in my opinion, is prudent but far from full proof. I recently took my Labrador retriever into Canada and was required to provide proof of health signed by a licensed veterinarian. Perhaps proof of health certifications for cruises may be in our collective future...

Interesting that you mention this. Hawai'i up until recently required a quarantine of household pets arrving from the mainland US. Now they demand detailed original documents signed by a vet proving a series of vaccinations and examinations before entry is allowed. This originated to keep rabies out of the islands.

Edited by Ryndam2002

I've now received 5 "Emergency Notification" emails regarding the health screening for my upcoming cruise on the Golden. And why title it "Emergency" why not just "Important"? Geez, enough already--I read the first one...and the second...and the third....

People can't be bothered reading their cruise docs when they are sent, so it's logical the cruise lines would send something like this out in order to beat it into people's heads. It's a lowest common denominator thing, and unfortunately the people who are the highest common denominator are inconvenienced--and there will still be idiots who will show up saying, "uh, we never got it."

Or removed the tags from their mattresses.:D That's really not true, anyway. It's only the retailer who cannot remove it, not the customer.

My neighbors are from another country and she was upset because the tags glued onto the bottom of her kitchen chairs were falling off. I asked why she wanted them on there and explained that I have always removed them soon after my furniture arrived.

She pointed out the "Penalty" thing and I had to bite my tongue not to chuckle as I explained exactly what you stated. She was quite relieved. :D

People can't be bothered reading their cruise docs when they are sent, so it's logical the cruise lines would send something like this out in order to beat it into people's heads. It's a lowest common denominator thing, and unfortunately the people who are the highest common denominator are inconvenienced--and there will still be idiots who will show up saying, "uh, we never got it."

I agree, but wish they would use the word mandatory instead of emergency. I have worked in emergency services in the past, and object to Princess' inappropriate use of it.

Edited by Ryndam2002

Over a period of 30 years, between 1976 and 2006, estimates of flu-associated deaths in the United States range from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people. Get your flu shot.

I agree, more people are affected by the infulenza virus every year. That makes the total of Ebola deaths so far (approx 4500) small by comparison. Get your flu shot before boarding a ship, wash your hands often, don't touch your face. And use the antibacterial stations provided around the ship.

I agree, but wish they would use the word mandatory instead of emergency. I have worked in emergency services in the past, and object to Princess' inappropriate use of it.

Using "We're Cancelling Your Cruise" in the subject line would probably be the best way to get their attention. ;)

I personally think the likelihood of anyone travelling to these countries prior to a cruise is very slim given the media coverage and high risk to life the virus carries.

It may be a hard policy to police.

I think the cruise line only implemented this policy "to make it look good" and reduce the irrational fear that some people may have that they will pick up this virus on a cruise.

As said I think the likelihood of anyone with this virus going anywhere near a cruise ship is extremely slim.

Princess once sent me an emergency notification that at some time

in the future I might need a passport. Not for any particular cruise I

had booked, but just in general. (I already had a passport)

I guess they never read 'Chicken Little' when they were kids.

So far, I feel slighted. I have only received 4 emergency health

notifications, 2 each for 2 cruise. But, I did get a 'booking notification'

about staggard boarding. I will just tell them I am from cruise critic

and show up when I wish.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting. I've only flown to Puerto Rico in the the Caribbean and no passport needed. I'm thinking that the passport stamp is more of a souvenir at this point.

I agree!!! That's why I ask them to stamp:) Hopefully they will look at all those stamps when they get older and return the favour one day;)