a few general questions, please

39august

We have sailed on 6 Princess cruises, but haven't been on Princess since 2003. Would some of you kind people tell me what level in the Captains Circle we are and what, if any, are the perks? Are there any perks for a mini-suite? And last, does the military benefit apply for those who served four years?

With six prior Princess cruises you are Platinum unless you have a total of 150 days on Princess. I am figuring you have fewer days, so you are Platinum.

Perks:

Preferred boarding - gets you on the ship quicker during busy times.

Internet credit - depends on length of the cruise. Can be used on Princess equipment in the Internet Cafe or your own device.

Platinum/Elite/Suite cocktail party. Each evening. Free hors deover & a drink special.

Platinum/Elite/Suite departure lounge on debarkation day.

Thanks. But I don't see anything about a cocktail party on the website chrysalis posted for perks.

There is the 30/45 min. Captain's Circle Party, where you go and get some pre-mixed drinks and hear a quick talk about Princess. You will get an Invitation. We seldom go. There is also the Platinum/Elite/Full Suite happy hour, 5-7 each night where the have nice things to eat and a drink of the day for $5. You will get a card in your stateroom about this.

There is the 30/45 min. Captain's Circle Party, where you go and get some pre-mixed drinks and hear a quick talk about Princess. You will get an Invitation. We seldom go. There is also the Platinum/Elite/Full Suite happy hour, 5-7 each night where the have nice things to eat and a drink of the day for $5. You will get a card in your stateroom about this.

We usually just go to the cocktail party to hear who the top three cruisers are but skip the Platinum/Elite lounge since the hours conflict with early dining.

We usually just go to the cocktail party to hear who the top three cruisers are but skip the Platinum/Elite lounge since the hours conflict with early dining.
I do the opposite. Haven't been to the Captain's Circle party in years and usually go to the Platinum/Elite lounge.

Provided you received an Honorable discharge and have the DD 214 to document it then you should be entitled to the military credit whether you served four years or twenty.:)

The minimum service requirements are "serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone".

Edited by Astro Flyer

I do the opposite. Haven't been to the Captain's Circle party in years and usually go to the Platinum/Elite lounge.

The Platinum/Elite lounge is nice & we have done it a few times but since we usually eat early it excludes it as an option. :( I wish they would extend the hours just a little in the evening to give the early diners a chance to enjoy it.

It's getting more crowded every day in the lounge, especially with all these short cruises in Florida. There will be the time that the lounge will become Elite only in the very near future.

When it first started years ago, it was Elite only. +Suites. Not so many Elites went, so was under utilized. Princess then added Platinum to the mix.

Don't think Princess will take away the benefit from the Platinum's. On many ships where there is a huge number of Platinum and Elite they move it down to the Vista/Fusion Lounge.