Air Canada lounge in Fll ?

Sailingpeace

Sorry if this has been answered before. I tried the search tool, and found nothing and the info I found on the United lounge ( someone mentionned that AC business class passengers could use it ... ) were from 2013 and mentionned going through renos.

My question is : is there a lounge for Air Canada business class passengers in FLL ?

If so, info or advice about it ?

There is a UA Club at FLL. You can obtain access if you have a connecting int'l UA C/F BP, you are a *G or you hold UC or *A lounge membership.

I don't think your AC business class boarding pass will get you free access.

Edited by 6rugrats

There is a UA Club at FLL. You can obtain access if you have a connecting int'l UA C/F BP, you are a *G or you hold UC or *A lounge membership.

I don't think your AC business class boarding pass will get you free access.

Hmmm....have had UA club access when booked on LH, in Business. SFO-FRA, for example. I think you may get access to the UA Club. This was booked thru UA, but was never on UA metal.

Assume your flight is an International flight, right?

Hmmm....have had UA club access when booked on LH, in Business. SFO-FRA, for example. I think you may get access to the UA Club. This was booked thru UA, but was never on UA metal.

That's the tricky part. This is an AC flight., and doesn't appear to be booked through UA. Not sure UA considers US-Canada international. OP will have to ck w/ UA.

Edited by 6rugrats

You are right, flight is from FLL to Canada.

That's the tricky part. This is an AC flight., and doesn't appear to be booked through UA. Not sure UA considers US-Canada international. OP will have to ck w/ UA.

Yes, they do; FLL-YYZ will be considered international in UA's mind. I know this from having visited UA clubs on a YVR-FLL (via DEN/IAH) iten earlier this year.

THIS.

UA does not consider US to Canada as an International flight, and as such, United Club access would be denied.

Edit: At the end of the day, your access could largely depend on what the agent says that day. UA has policies, but they're consistently ignored by their employees -- especially lounge access. It's frustrating.

Edited by Au48

THIS.

UA does not consider US to Canada as an International flight, and as such, United Club access would be denied.

Edit: At the end of the day, your access could largely depend on what the agent says that day. UA has policies, but they're consistently ignored by their employees -- especially lounge access. It's frustrating.

Thank you for the information. I didn't think they considered this an international flight. And you are right about policies. That's what makes it so confusing.

Edited by 6rugrats

• 4 weeks later...

Also note that there is construction between the two terminals but there is an accessible walkway. If it's raining there is no covered walking option on the departures level.

We do terminal 2 frequently and if you've a flight on a cruise day plan on lines and rather snarky, illiterate TSA agents. It can get rather crowded so if you want to use the United facility plan on heading to T-2 at least 90 minutes preflight to check your luggage.

The UA club is in terminal 1 whereas Air Canada departs from the "third world" terminal 2.

Also note that there is construction between the two terminals but there is an accessible walkway. If it's raining there is no covered walking option on the departures level.

You can walk from T2 to T1; however, each terminal has a separate security checkpoint, so if the UA club is beyond security at T1, I don't think you'll be able to get through since you don't depart from T1. (I know in T2 the Delta Sky Club is beyond security but don't know for sure about the UA club in T1.)

Edited by waterbug123