Favorite wine to bring aboard

Ridge (CA) makes some very nice wines, and they really pay attention to details. They have been leaders in the industry in terms of including everything that goes into the bottle on the label (something most vinyards do not do, because they typically add color and flavor enhancers).

For something more moderate, try the Shotfire wines out of the Barossa Valley, AU.

Since we have 2 staterooms - one parent booked in each, we'll be bring 4 bottles on board.

1. Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne

2. a nice port by a local Missouri winery Bommaritto Winery

3. A Merlot for Hubby

4. a Moscoto or Reisling for me

Caymus Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and not the 40th anniversary one because it is terrible. I am so glad we can bring our bottles of wine to Chops or Portofino.

I'm hoping that gets better with a few years in the bottle.

Caymus Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and not the 40th anniversary one because it is terrible. I am so glad we can bring our bottles of wine to Chops or Portofino.

Don't tell me the Caymus 40th is terrible because I bought three bottles of if to put in the cellar...

We usually have two cabins so four bottles of wine. I typically bring two bottles of Champagne a Bordeaux and a Brunello.

Don't tell me the Caymus 40th is terrible because I bought three bottles of if to put in the cellar.......

Same here.

We tasted it a few months ago and thought it needed some time in the bottle. I don't know if it's BS, but we've been told that Napa 2012 should favorably compare to 2007. We shall see.

Ridge (CA) makes some very nice wines, and they really pay attention to details. They have been leaders in the industry in terms of including everything that goes into the bottle on the label (something most vinyards do not do, because they typically add color and flavor enhancers).

For something more moderate, try the Shotfire wines out of the Barossa Valley, AU.

I will look into that, thank you! I hate the idea of additives in anything. Though I going on a cruise and I can't exactly claim innocence there either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't tell me the Caymus 40th is terrible because I bought three bottles of if to put in the cellar...

We usually have two cabins so four bottles of wine. I typically bring two bottles of Champagne a Bordeaux and a Brunello.

Don't base it on just my opinion! We bought it for our Allure cruise in June and were so highly disappointed. It has an extremely different taste compared to Caymus cab. Then again Caymus is one of the few red wines I drink. I am extremely selective so you might truly enjoy the 40th.

I will bring Stags Leap or Silverado cabernet, both are excellent wines, ( also will bring a few to Sandals even though they give you wine, its not that drinkable)

Robert Mondavi isn't drinkable?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app