Live - Silver Spirit Rome to Ft. Lauderdale

Emtbsam

Sorry you are all having a bit of weather. Its has been nice to follow along with your thread and we are very excited about our first Silversea experience. We are joining Spirit in Barcelona so we will see you all in a few days. CruisinPashmina and Emtbsam I see you have taken up residency on deck 11. We are looking forward to meeting you as we are next door in 1104 :D

Ashley

Sorry you are all having a bit of weather. Its has been nice to follow along with your thread and we are very excited about our first Silversea experience. We are joining Spirit in Barcelona so we will see you all in a few days. CruisinPashmina and Emtbsam I see you have taken up residency on deck 11. We are looking forward to meeting you as we are next door in 1104 :D

Ashley

We look forward to meeting you as well.

An update on our voyage so far:

Despite mediocre weather and the substitution of one port, we have had an excellent trip. The food has been better than in past years – fresh berries throughout the whole voyage and some truly excellent desserts such as the warm vanilla and chocolate pudding in LT today.

The crew continues to do an excellent job with the few newbies coming along quickly during the past nine days.

We have been extremely pleased with CD Kirk Detweiler who despite being younger than some of my clothing, has done an excellent job. He puts a lot of time and effort into coming up with truly difficult but interesting trivia questions, and he does not give the answers away! He also did his show the other evening, and we felt it was at least on a par with the Stars of Silversea. He connected with the audience in a most charming way, and we left the show lounge smiling.

Today is turnover day with about 370 new passengers boarding and 70 or so remaining on board. It is a hard day for the crew, but they continue to go about their jobs with a smile and the energy only the young can have. We know that Saskia got off ship today for a well-deserved vacation, but we do not know who all will be joining the crew.

We have not had a real sea day since leaving Civitavecchia on October 31, and will have to wait another four days before we can really kick back and enjoy the luxury that Silversea affords us.

This evening is the cc.com meet and mingle which we are looking forward to.

As before, I hope others will join in on this thread.

The past few days I've been wondering just when the CC Meet & Mingle was going to be as I recall they have previously always been scheduled for early in the cruise. On our last Silversea cruise my trivia team formed at the M&M. I was hoping to repeat that. Well, today I "found" our invitation tucked away inside the spa menu in our suite. So, sadly we missed it...oh well, we still have 9 days to introduce ourselves.

Funny thing, I think we have a Victoria (our scribe) and Bob on our trivia team!

Edited by Fogmalkin

Suzanne; Hope Mark and you enjoy your Spirit crossing. If you get a chance please say hello to both Bob/Victoria & EnglishUSA/David (long time member of the other board). Both EnglishUSA (Jan-Mar) and Emtbsam will be on board the Spirit with us in Feb/March (Australia to LA).

fogmalkin:

sorry you missed the m&m, and you are right the invitation was hidden away. ours was tucked inside the leather desk blotter/envelope.

SS wondered where all of the attendees were, perhaps that explains the missing!

as well you probably do have victoria and bob on your trivia team.

hope you are enjoying the crossing thus far.

tomorrow are large number of Pax are leaving in Funchal, not quite sure of the number.

it hasn't seemed crowded to us, but we have not been out and about that much. keeping a low profile and relaxing.

The large swells are just like being rocked in a cradle.

I have heard two different reports on how many passengers are getting off. Reception said 20 and someone else said 70. Go figure.

I've had "kennel cough" for several days and have been keeping a low profile as well. Gosh it's nice to be able to pick up the phone and get food delivered.

I know we had passengers disembark in Malaga and then a further group disembarked today. I do believe we are sailing to Bermuda and FLL with less than 400 guests. I will try and find out and report back. As we begin our 6 day voyage to Bermuda the swells are already picking up once more. The past couple of evenings have proved challenging to walk on deck 11. It certainly is rocking and rolling in this area of the ship. We have areas of low pressure all around us so I am sure the swells will continue. The cruise so far has been wonderful - the ship is beautiful and we are thoroughly enjoying our first Silversea experience. We have enjoyed a couple of tours including today's 4x4 exploration of the island of Madeira - what a beautiful place.

Victoria I hope you start to feel better. I caught a glimpse of you both on your balcony but did not want to yell over at you :) I am sure our paths will cross in the coming days. Judy (Spinnaker2) it was a real pleasure meeting you and Larry today on our tour.

Ashley

You are right! Thanks for clarifying! That is of course the most important fact! :D

However clear the exits were, obstructing the aisles at sea didn't seem right at all.

Thanks.

:)

We were not at sea.. My partner sat beside the owners wife, a very beautiful woman, i was across from the owner, they were just happy with the event

We were not at sea.. My partner sat beside the owners wife, a very beautiful woman, i was across from the owner, they were just happy with the event

Sounds like a lovely event. I would have loved to have been there. I'm sure that those that were lucky enough to be in attendance, were not fixated on the emergency exits but were hopefully enjoying the performance, and had some trust that Silversea did not do anything to endanger guests on this special occasion.

The 4 x 4 tour of Madeira was such fun! To experience the different microclimates and to have an educated guide such as Angelo made it memorable.

Victoria, sorry you aren't feeling well. Gosh first Bob got ill and then you!

I have had similar kennel cough symptoms, but chalked it up to an allergy to the pillows, some chemical in the kleenex, etc,etc. I am going to bake in the sun on the balcony in the cabin and get rid of it, if possible.

Ashley, lovely to have met you and Kelly (sp) as well. Hope to see you around the ship so we can discuss how to purchase property in Malaga.

the swells seem slightly less, hope the walking around challenge improves.

Sounds like a lovely event. I would have loved to have been there. I'm sure that those that were lucky enough to be in attendance, were not fixated on the emergency exits but were hopefully enjoying the performance, and had some trust that Silversea did not do anything to endanger guests on this special occasion.

Why would anyone be fixated about the emergency exits if they weren't at sea? :confused:

For fogmalkin - Suzanne, how are you guys? Glad to read you are keeping up the trivia tradition. Bill and I have been on a couple of Seabourn cruises since we met you on the Shadow. We are doing the Silver Spirit TA in April 2015. Pat xx

humid, swells slightly less. sun in and out, but enough to have lunch outside at la terrazza. its a great sea day! relax and recoup day. still trying to fight off this cold. we ate in our suite last night and this morning, trying to keep my germs to myself.

terrific crossing!

humid, swells slightly less. sun in and out, but enough to have lunch outside at la terrazza. its a great sea day! relax and recoup day. still trying to fight off this cold. we ate in our suite last night and this morning, trying to keep my germs to myself.

terrific crossing!

I hope you aren't spreading those germs here Spin! What did you have for lunch. You know I like to hear these details? Any peas? :D

in la terrazza. Gnocchi with traditional pesto sauce, the gnocchi were so light they melted in your mouth. scrumptious. they rivaled the best i have had in firenze. i also tasted a venison stew, which was very good. as the duck ragu is a constant on the menu i have been trying other items.

today quite stormy outside, a good day for bunk games. perhaps it will clear soon, but no weather report yet, and the view from the deck in the distance is overcast, wind and rain.

tonight is the venetian cocktail party and formal night.

still keeping a low profile. finished two books, and on to the third...

must say the crew is super wonderful.