What wil servers/waitstaff be wearing on which night?

AACJ

On my upcoming 7 nighter, I know the formal nights are on the 2nd and 6th nights. Is there a way I can tell what jacket colors the servers/wait staff are going to be wearing on any particular night? I have both a black and a white dinner jacket (tuxedo) and do not want to clash.

Edited by AACJ

On my upcoming 7 nighter, I know the formal nights are on the 2nd and 6th nights. Is there a way I can tell what jacket colors the servers/wait staff are going to be wearing on any particular night? I have both a black and a white dinner jacket (tuxedo) and do not want to clash.

It is my experience (July 2014) that the waiters will be wearing white jackets with black pants on Formal Nights.

Feel free to wear your white/cream or black tuxedo jacket.

Edited by Crew News

HAL doesn't change the uniforms anymore. Formal night wear is just the same as every day for the waiters now.

Thanks for giving me a laugh, though!!

It is my experience (July 2014) that the waiters will be wearing white jackets with black pants on Formal Nights.

This somewhat answered my question. I had heard the waiters switch from a white/cream dinner jacket to a black tuxedo jacket (or vice versa) on alternating formal nights. That is really what I am wondering, what would they normally wear on the first formal night, then on the second.

Thanks!

HAL doesn't change the uniforms anymore. Formal night wear is just the same as every day for the waiters now.

Thanks for giving me a laugh, though!!

Glad you got a chuckle. :D In reality, I'm not trying to clash, but trying not to match...

This somewhat answered my question. I had heard the waiters switch from a white/cream dinner jacket to a black tuxedo jacket (or vice versa) on alternating formal nights. That is really what I am wondering, what would they normally wear on the first formal night, then on the second.

Thanks!

"Black tuxedo jackets" on HAL????

No.

I'll tell you, this is why I won't go on other lines: too many little thing to figure out. Must be so much work to gather all the information about the differences between lines!

Have super cruise!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Dining Stewards in White jackets on HAL? Since when? :confused:

Some of the Dining Room Supervisors could wear white jackets but the most formal HAL dining stewards dressed was tails on formal nights. That ended long ago.

Waiters in white jackets????

A lot of information is a good thing but correct information is even better ;)

Edited by taxmantoo

Some of the Dining Room Supervisors could wear white jackets but the most formal HAL dining stewards dressed was tails on formal nights. That ended long ago.

All dining stewards are wearing white jackets now on all nights and all room stewards are wearing light blue. Just returned from Eurodam and those are the uniforms they were wearing

Waiters in white jackets????

A lot of information is a good thing but correct information is even better ;)

Then you should appreciate my correct information. Please see the new uniforms on my previous post.

Edited by Crew News

All dining stewards are wearing white jackets now on all nights and all room stewards are wearing light blue. Just returned from Eurodam and those are the uniforms they were wearing

Agree on the jackets. I commented on my live thread about the jackets. They are white but I thought nearly an off white and very sharp. I asked our dining room steward and they said they started about 3 months ago. Each steward has 3 to allow for cleaning.

They like them as far as looks go, but they say they are very hot.

Please see the new uniforms on my previous post.

BINGO!!

Thanks for posting this, the most useful post to date!

These are the new uniforms, formal or regular nights. I found the white jackets show every wrinkle, ever smudge and don't fit some of the guys too well. The black outfits are very nice.

Since April 2014 to be exact. Here are images from the HAL Blog. I think they really look sharp.

UniformCollage.jpg

Thanks, Crew News. I like the look. My favorite is still the blue jackets, white shirts and red vests with bow ties from years past. I miss those uniforms though I know they are a dated look now.

I like these new uniforms better than the ones they are replacing.

Edited by sail7seas

Hey AA

> I have both a black and a white dinner jacket (tuxedo) and do not want to clash. <

It's far more important that you realize that one does not wear a white dinner jacket after Labor Day, unless one is in FL.

In that case, you may wear either.

Enjoy your cruise and don;t take any wooden nickles.

Ira

Thanks, Crew News. I like the look. My favorite is still the blue jackets, white shirts and red vests with bow ties from years past. I miss those uniforms though I know they are a dated look now.

I like these new uniforms better than the ones they are replacing.

That was my favourite, too. I understand they hate the white jackets - they get dirty really fast.

Hello Ira, I am keenly aware of this. I will be in an even more tropical climate, in the Carribean. So unless I am mistaken, tropics dictate a white dinner jacket.

I'm sure you'll look very nice:). Just make sure you keep the ship in one piece:D. I'm up after you.