NO Priority disembarkation on FR?

PH8

I was on this cruise with Kathy, and I also noticed that the debarkation process could use a lot of work. We were doing self-assist, so them not giving us the usual low numbered tags didn't cause any issues, but it was unusual. I was surprised that they only had one debarkation lounge for all of C&A. Most ships I've been on have had priority areas for Diamond and above. It is one of the listed benefits after all.

We were able to get off the ship fairly quickly, just walked right off. But the wait in the terminal was pretty long. I think Customs was the problem, along with the escalator police only letting a certain number on at a time.

This was a main source of delay for me on my last few Port Canaveral disembarkations. It was irritating.

:eek:

I just do understand the difficulty in disembarkation? We sail Disney often - the Fantasy is about the same(ish) size of the FOS. Disney does not give out numbers - when the ship clears customs there is announcement that simply states - ship is cleared feel free to leave and we do, we just walk off, no lines, no waiting. Of course there are those folks that are compelled to stand in the main lobby @ 7a with their luggage, not us, we have breakfast then back to the cabin for our belongs then off the ship. Smooth as silk every time :o

That's not what I experienced on the Fantasy ????? Strange? We were in long lines going down hallways up ramps and down to terminal to a mob of people trying to leave all at the same time ! DCL Disney bus a joke with a long wait to airport or resort :eek::eek:

Sorry about your luck.

It's not luck, it's a fact.

like I said if I call Crown and Anchor, it's Oregon..if I am calLing to book cruises for others, it's Guatemala.

Edited by PH8

Does that mean lounge or low number tags? Your original most was no priority disembarkment but you had #2 tag.

I'm not trying to be a gnat just can't see why a 2 tag isn't priority.

Actually the fact that irritates me is no lounge ..I did not get #2 (got much higher) until I went and switched it out at guest services.

I always call C&A and then hit the D+ extension. Always get Oregon.

Either method for getting the low number tags will work for DH.

DH is not as particular about where he waits -- and I only want to make sure that there is coffee

Hi Sherri ;) You are right. I just realized it always seems to be Oregon when I use the

D+ option. Had never thought about it, but did have a really nice conversation with a young

man that had just moved there and loved it. He enjoys hopping a cruise out of Seattle. :)

Yup, same thing. We always travel with our coffee mugs, so we sit quietly in the waiting area

with our mugs of coffee (seems hit or miss if the CL is still open for coffee though) he reads a

a book and I send emails until our number is called.

Edited by island lady

We had tag # 11 on that same cruise. The number seemed a bit high to us ( we usually 2) but for a change, we were not in a rush to get off. We got off the Freedom and got on the Enchantment the next day. Were given # 2 tags on the Enchantment but did self assist and did not use them. BTW - there is a priority off self assist waiting area on the Enchantment however the day prior to debarkation I asked guest services about the location - they told me there was no such area. I suggested they call the LA and then guest services was surprised to learn there was a priority area.

M

I sent a message to C&A about this because it also happened to me and here is part of the response I received:

"Additionally, we have reached out to the Freedom of the Seas to inquire about this benefit and they have confirmed that Priority Disembarkation is a benefit that you should have received on the ship. Priority Disembarkation is a benefit in which you are entitled to receive fleet wide, this has not changed. As another benefit, we also offer Express Departure for guests who want to carry off their own luggage. "

Sounds like right hand and left hand are not talking.

It also sounds like a bit of BS. We have cruised twice a year on the Oasis for the last few years and cannot recall getting any priority disembarkment treatment for being D+. Our Explorer cruise embarking on October 23rd was the first time in years that our D+ status got us off the ship early but, as I stayed earlier, we were in the theater with most other C&A members.

Actually the fact that irritates me is no lounge ..I did not get #2 (got much higher) until I went and switched it out at guest services.
I guess we are a bit aggressive as I always ask the Concierge or DH asks Guest Services for lower numbers -- we always get much higher numbers from the cabin steward.

On another note, if you have any updates on Concierges, please post them on the Current Concierge Thread and I will update the Google Doc Current Concierge Spread sheet. Thanks again for keeping this list up for so long. We are building on your work.

Hi Sherri ;) You are right. I just realized it always seems to be Oregon when I use the

D+ option. Had never thought about it, but did have a really nice conversation with a young

man that had just moved there and loved it. He enjoys hopping a cruise out of Seattle. :)

Yup, same thing. We always travel with our coffee mugs, so we sit quietly in the waiting area

with our mugs of coffee (seems hit or miss if the CL is still open for coffee though) he reads a

a book and I send emails until our number is called.

I do the same thing -- turn on my phone, check emails, check Facebook & Twitter etc. Good idea to bring the coffee mug.

I guess we are a bit aggressive as I always ask the Concierge or DH asks Guest Services for lower numbers -- we always get much higher numbers from the cabin steward.

On another note, if you have any updates on Concierges, please post them on the Current Concierge Thread and I will update the Google Doc Current Concierge Spread sheet. Thanks again for keeping this list up for so long. We are building on your work.

It was during the day when I saw my high number tags,so just went to GS to get a new one.........

I will let you know,if I hear anything..

I sent a message to C&A about this because it also happened to me and here is part of the response I received:

"Additionally, we have reached out to the Freedom of the Seas to inquire about this benefit and they have confirmed that Priority Disembarkation is a benefit that you should have received on the ship. Priority Disembarkation is a benefit in which you are entitled to receive fleet wide, this has not changed. As another benefit, we also offer Express Departure for guests who want to carry off their own luggage. "Sounds like right hand and left hand are not talking.

Is the Express Departure for D and D+ (off ship first with luggage) or is it the self-disembark where is does not matter what your status is???

Edited by Scoobydobe7