Staggered boarding

chris2597

This is our 4th RCCL cruise but the first time we got a boarding schedule. Princess has been doing this for sometime but because of our loyalty level we are not effected. I don't think princess turns early arrival away either. Thank you for the info.

RCI doesn 't "stagger"...it's basically 1st come, 1st boarded.. Get there around 11:30am

One might wonder if the Oasis departure from Southampton would have been less chaotic if the passengers arrived when they were scheduled.

"Rules, we don't need no stinking rules."

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

One might wonder if the Oasis departure from Southampton would have been less chaotic if the passengers arrived when they were scheduled.

"Rules, we don't need no stinking rules."

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I would agree if the cruise lines would take in consideration your travel plans. Some passengers fly in the day before and can come early with a quick taxi ride (in fact, usually have to if the hotel check out is 11). Some passengers fly or drive in the day of and have much more variety of when they can get there. I'm not going to be forced out of my hotel room at 11 and then drag my luggage around with me till 2 because of a computer algorithm that says I should wait.

I would agree if the cruise lines would take in consideration your travel plans. Some passengers fly in the day before and can come early with a quick taxi ride (in fact, usually have to if the hotel check out is 11). Some passengers fly or drive in the day of and have much more variety of when they can get there. I'm not going to be forced out of my hotel room at 11 and then drag my luggage around with me till 2 because of a computer algorithm that says I should wait.

I agree with you on this, but I dont get how Royal would know everyones travel arrangements. If you book a hotel they don't ask you how you'll be getting there. A hotel will say "you can check in from 3, if you come any earlier we can't help you". It would be a massive logistical nightmare to work a check in plan around 4000ish peoples travel plans.

I agree with you on this, but I dont get how Royal would know everyones travel arrangements. If you book a hotel they don't ask you how you'll be getting there. A hotel will say "you can check in from 3, if you come any earlier we can't help you". It would be a massive logistical nightmare to work a check in plan around 4000ish peoples travel plans.

When doing the online checkin process it asks how and what time you plan to arrive.

When doing the online checkin process it asks how and what time you plan to arrive.

and how would that work if everyone said they were getting there at the same time? Its still a logistical nightmare to give out allocated times based on what people "want"

and how would that work if everyone said they were getting there at the same time? Its still a logistical nightmare to give out allocated times based on what people "want"

I assume they would assign you by group to board the ship. On our upcoming Quantum cruise, after I put in our arrival time at the port, we were assigned Group B. This is printed on the Set Sail Pass.

Disney does staggered boarding. Higher loyalty categories get first dibs and then it's first come first serve to pick your boarding time after you've made final payment and completed online check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume they would assign you by group to board the ship. On our upcoming Quantum cruise, after I put in our arrival time at the port, we were assigned Group B. This is printed on the Set Sail Pass.

But again, if everyone put in the same time they can't all be in the same group, so someone will be disappointed