Quantum- Semi Live, Family Perspective

Peewee14

Pee-Wee You might wanna consider ditching the 100mph life, and just start reviewing Cruise ships?? Oh Yeah and hopefully the banging in your room has stopped!! Lmao

LOL! I need the 100mph life to fund it though!

Forgot to add guys that last night in silk they didn't have a printed kids menu like the night in American icon. The waiter simply told us what was on the kids menu. Wasn't a problem at all. Just letting you know why I have not got a picture of it

One more thing. Tried to get us in wonderland. Not a chance! Fully booked with waiting list was fully booked on embarkation day. So if you want to dine here book online pre cruise. It's the smallest restaurant on the ship I was told. But I think Izumi looks smaller

bionic bar last night had 15 minute wait times for a drink!

I don't mean to sound like an old bore. But I really don't see the point. My wife really wants a drink but I am not waiting 15 minutes to watch a huge vending machine prepare a drink. She can go on her own lol

Little monster back from AO now guys so I will catch up with you later. Anything specific you want to know let me know

LOL! I need the 100mph life to fund it though!

Forgot to add guys that last night in silk they didn't have a printed kids menu like the night in American icon. The waiter simply told us what was on the kids menu. Wasn't a problem at all. Just letting you know why I have not got a picture of it

One more thing. Tried to get us in wonderland. Not a chance! Fully booked with waiting list was fully booked on embarkation day. So if you want to dine here book online pre cruise. It's the smallest restaurant on the ship I was told. But I think Izumi looks smaller

bionic bar last night had 15 minute wait times for a drink!

I don't mean to sound like an old bore. But I really don't see the point. My wife really wants a drink but I am not waiting 15 minutes to watch a huge vending machine prepare a drink. She can go on her own lol

Little monster back from AO now guys so I will catch up with you later. Anything specific you want to know let me know

Have you been getting towel animals? :D

I just don’t feel like doing much to be honest, I feel a little guilty really when there is so much to do on this ship, but I am just enjoying doing very little, writing this, a little reading etc. One of the reasons I am doing this onboard is because I know once I get home, I am back to working away and life at 100mph and it will never get done, is it bad just to enjoy doing nothing?? LOL! I don’t care if it is! I am loving it :D

Well I don't think you should feel guilty. We've got 3 small children and our few cruises we've done practically nothing and loved it. It's part of what we like about cruising - the ability to just go at your own pace while being delivered to places we wouldn't otherwise see.

Anything specific you want to know let me know

Age/height/weight requirements for Bumper Cars? Circus School? iFly? I assume the Flowrider and Rock Wall are the same from other ships but these are new and I can't find definitive answers anywhere.

Thanks!

I've been trying to find out how cold (or warm) it is in the public areas of the ship. I'm seeing people in shorts and others in heavy sweaters. I'm sailing on the 18th and was planning on bringing light weight sweaters for during the day, but now I'm wondering if that will be too warm.

Your little D is a big Darling! Such a beautiful smile.

Enjoyed the updated photos of your cabin with that "lived in" look. Helps with the stark look.

The H2O zone looks somewhat smaller than the one on Freedom. Is there just that one area that looks like tiered falls? It's probably too cool to use in any case. What about a splash area for toddlers in diapers? I know Freedom class ships have this. Wondering if they have done away with it on the Quantum class ships?

Fantastic review! I'm watching for your updates.

Your mention of the banging reminds me of a similar problem we had on the second Eclipse sailing. It would happen on and off, day and night. We thought it was something banging against the side of the ship or a door banging. After 4 days of chasing someone to do something, the engineers figured out it was a steam pipe (?) above our cabin. They moved us several cabins up so they could try to fix it but we could still hear it occasionally.

Hello Peewee14,

I am thoroughly enjoying your travelogue of adventures aboard the beautiful Quantum. Your candid and honest observations and the tales of your lovely Little D and her Weetabix are very engaging and funny. My British mum used to love the stuff, never cared for it myself.

Agree with you about the luggage tracking system, seems rather a waste. Your comment "It's either in my cabin or it's not" gave me a good chuckle.

Thank You for bringing your ocean voyage to life with great humor, whimsy and those glorious giant photographs around the ship. Looking forward to more.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

I have also enjoyed your review of the cruise with your DD! I wish we had taken our little ones on cruises years ago, but money was short, so camping we went!! Lol. 4 years ago we took the family & grandkids on our 50th anniversary cruise & had the time of our lives!! Please keep the review going with lots of pics!

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonderful review.

Did you know you could ask for an egg crate to put on the sofa bed, it could make a huge difference.

I would highly recommend the seeing the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall while in New York. I saw it years ago and it was just fantastic.

If you go on to a web site Groupon.com you get buy half price tickets to some theater performances as well as discounts on dining and other activities.

Good Morning everyone from the Quantum of the Seas!

I have to say as each day passes this ship grows on me more and more, and if you remember my original post about how much we loved the indy, this ship had a lot to do! Well its won me over I think, take away the itinerary and the rough crossing at the beginning and its a winner..

Anyway, I was up early this morning, had a great nights sleep, very calm waters and no banging, so the 2 must be related.

I was up at 7am and Michaela & Diana still sleeping so went for a stroll and took a few pictures then headed to 270 for breakfast PLEASE RCI OPEN THE BLINDS IN THERE IN THE MORNING!

Before I carry on with the review and tell you about last night, going to answer a few questions this morning and post some pictures.

GUYS CAN I PLEASE POLITELY ASK WHEN REPLYING DO NOT QUOTE THE PICTURES, I intend to read back through this thread to look for any questions that need answering and with the poor internet on here it will make it quite tedious! thanks for understanding.

First, the pool decks..

The best way I can describe it, is thats its split into 3 distinct areas, Front Solarium and sunshine bar combined with divinely decadence adults only, behind it the indoor pool area and pool bar, followed by the outdoor pool, kids area, Jonny rockets off to one side then the Windjammer at the rear.

So here are the pictures. First Solarium

IMG_0199_zpsa49eb1dc.jpg

IMG_0200_zpsf1f0e62f.jpg

IMG_0202_zps122edbf1.jpg

IMG_0204_zpsf2b106f3.jpg

IMG_0206_zps2d8c88b3.jpg

IMG_0204_zpsf2b106f3.jpg

Edited by Peewee14

headed downstairs to deck 5 and took a few walking down the via towards Jamies and Vintages which you pass to get to 270

IMG_0228_zpsc89e4e37.jpg

IMG_0229_zpsda233f4e.jpg

IMG_0231_zps00a84100.jpg

Great Place to chill out down here, not always that busy either surprisingly

IMG_0232_zps0a8b5a46.jpg

you then come to the entrance to cafe 270

IMG_0233_zpse7a53713.jpg

Thanks for your family perspective.

Some 'family' questions:

- I know you got the children's menu crisis sorted but would love to see photos of the different kids menus from the different restaurants.

- Photos of Adventure Ocean.

- Sorrentos options? Make your own pizza? Antipasti options? Just pre made pizza?

- Age/weight restrictions for various new activities (Circus school, iFly, bumper cars, etc.)

Thanks!

I have just been to guest services to ask a few questions, I am hoping this info is correct but please don't sue me.

I Fly minimum age 3. 42-48 inches must be with adult, above 48" ok solo.

bumper cars and roller skating and circus school minimum age 6 , same as above 48" to go solo

no weight limits minimum or maximum for kids.

Yes you can make your own Pizza at sorentos,

think i answered all of them now, but please let me know if you have anymore :D